Ohio University-Lancaster Professor R...

Ohio University-Lancaster Professor Resigns Amid Sexual Harassment Complaint | WBNS-10TV, Central...

There are 55 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Feb 8, 2011, titled Ohio University-Lancaster Professor Resigns Amid Sexual Harassment Complaint | WBNS-10TV, Central.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A professor at Ohio University's Lancaster branch has resigned amid claims he sexually harassed a student, 10TV's Kevin Landers reported on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kim from Lancaster

Hilliard, OH

#44 Feb 8, 2011
i know better wrote:
Noroski is a creeper and a jerk. I've known him to parade around campus with his shirt off and I know that he spit in the face of a woman in her 40s that he was angry with over a dispute at the university.
I'm not sure the legitimacy of the girl's claim, and I agree maybe she could have said "No" when asked if she wanted ice cream, but more importantly - Why the heck didn't she just FOLLOW HIM IN HER OWN CAR??
Anyone who knows Regis, also knows that he is good, true, kind and honest man. He wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone. I have had many classes with him and he has a true passion for teaching and knowledge. This girl has now not only completely ruined him, but taken away an outstanding professor. He is the one who helped build the Health Administration program at OU-L to what it is today (basically from the ground up). This is a tragedy for him and a tragic loss for his students!
MooseKnuckles

Sunbury, OH

#45 Feb 8, 2011
Kim from Lancaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. Anyone who knows Regis, also knows that he is good, true, kind and honest man. He wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone. I have had many classes with him and he has a true passion for teaching and knowledge. This girl has now not only completely ruined him, but taken away an outstanding professor. He is the one who helped build the Health Administration program at OU-L to what it is today (basically from the ground up). This is a tragedy for him and a tragic loss for his students!
Rumor has it that the professor has an exceptionally large calculator.
doug

Columbus, OH

#46 Feb 8, 2011
yes sir mr professor im so afraid of you im going to go to your house and accept all the gifts you will give me and did i mention im scared to death of you but only after the freebe.
Hugh Jassel

Dublin, OH

#47 Feb 8, 2011
What was the student doing to lead him on?
chuck

Canal Winchester, OH

#48 Feb 8, 2011
He lost his job because he was a loser!
sjm

Columbus, OH

#49 Feb 8, 2011
graylorn wrote:
I'm absolutely appalled at all the blame the victim comments. I suppose if he'd tied her up and raped her you all would claim it was her fault too and that she got what she deserved. Honestly, you all belong in the Dark Ages.
There is a lot of blame to go around in this story. It was inappropriate for him to give her gifts, and she should not have accepted them. He should not have brought her to his house alone, and she should not have gone with him. As a presumably young student, she might not have had the good sense to not do what she did. On the other hand, Noroski is a teacher and has been an adult for a long time. He must know that what he did was inappropriate. How many other girls has he done this to over the years? He just got caught this time. He ruined his own life and career.
Well, you're wrong. If he'd raped her, or hurt her, or stalked her, or anything else of that nature we would all be singing a completely different tune.

He didn't do those things. He did engage in what he thought was a mutual flirtation with a student... which is where he went wrong. Whether she flirted first or not, he knew better than to encourage it or engage in it.

Nobody has much sympathy for this "victim" because she wasn't afraid of him when he was giving her gifts, including lavish ones like jewelry. She wasn't afraid of him when she went to his home without any of her friends. She could have dropped the calculator off during his office hours, all professors have them and then she wouldn't have been alone with someone she now claims put her in fear of her life.

No, her "fear" didn't start until after she'd already taken him for a bit of a ride. At best, she's selfish and immature. At worst she's a conniving, deceptive little wh0re.

Like somebody else already mentioned, any time a woman make such a bogus claim it makes it harder for women who really have been harrassed, or raped, or stalked to be taken seriously.
Guess your speed

United States

#50 Feb 8, 2011
This is why when I was a TA at Purdue I did nothing remotely social with an undergrad. But the Persian Grad student in the chemistry dept. was fair game, she was smoke'n hot. I sure wish the Iran was not run by muslim nuts and was still our Friend.
The Real P Citizen

Fostoria, OH

#51 Feb 8, 2011
She's stupid. She could have had a sugga daddy
shell

Athens, OH

#52 Feb 9, 2011
This professer was a professor of mine and I would have never got this vibe from him. He was one of the kindest, honest teachers i know! He went out of his way to help all students! I just do not see the validity in this..she was scared for her life..Regis would not hurt a fly!!!
Charmed Im Sure

Hilliard, OH

#53 Feb 9, 2011
graylorn wrote:
I'm absolutely appalled at all the blame the victim comments. I suppose if he'd tied her up and raped her you all would claim it was her fault too and that she got what she deserved. Honestly, you all belong in the Dark Ages.
There is a lot of blame to go around in this story. It was inappropriate for him to give her gifts, and she should not have accepted them. He should not have brought her to his house alone, and she should not have gone with him. As a presumably young student, she might not have had the good sense to not do what she did. On the other hand, Noroski is a teacher and has been an adult for a long time. He must know that what he did was inappropriate. How many other girls has he done this to over the years? He just got caught this time. He ruined his own life and career.
WOW - way to really read more into the story then it's worth!! First off - I assume that the woman who is OBVIOUSLY old enough to enroll into college (lets say 18) understands a thing or two about being flirty - I'm ALSO going to go out on a limb and assume that the woman who REGISTERED to take his class, also knew how to DROP a class, or at least STOP ATTENDING - if at ANY TIME she felt uncomfortable.

I'm ALSO going to assume since she was using a calculator for his exam that she must have been taking a pretty high level HEALTH CLASS - not intro - and had him as a professor previously - registered to take his class on her own free will, and was not "afraid" for her life then!!!

I'm also going to assume she she knew how to borrow a calculator she ALSO knew how to return one - PROPERLY to a professor, like uh, I dunno WHEN SHE HANDED HIM HER TEST!!!

I'm ALSO going to assume since she "agreed to meet him" after class that one of two things happened 1. they were in contact AFTER SCHOOL, and 2. SHE WENT AS A WILLING PARTICIPANT to deliver the calculator!!

I'm not going to assume that this woman is ONLY 18 years old - I am going to assume since it IS a regional campus, that she is a bit older then the average "college student" with other obligations in her life (A real job, possible children) Just because he dropped her off at her parent's house doesn't mean she lives there - nor does it make her 18 years old!!

My parents have a house, and it would be possible for ME to get "dropped off" at their house - but I don't live there. Also, at the age of 30, if I got divorced RIGHT now, and needed to go back to college, where better to stay for a few months while I got back on my feet then "my parents house"?

When I was in college, an older lady (mid 50's) was staying at her parent's house to tend for her mother who was terminally ill!! Place of residence doesn't give age!!

So don't try to pull the "always blaming the victim" - in some cases....you ACTUALLY do GET WHAT you ask for, and it sounds like SHE DID!!!
graylorn

Columbus, OH

#54 Feb 9, 2011
And he got what he asked for - FIRED! Professors should not hit on students in their class, doesn't matter if the student started it! YOU DO NOT HIT ON STUDENTS IN YOUR CLASS!!!! Its unprofessional, and illegal! WHY is he giving her expensive jewelry? WHY is he taking her to his house ALONE? He isn't innocent!!!! A man who does those sorts of thing expects sex in return. He isn't innocent!

Why didn't she drop the class? Maybe she needed it to graduate. Why didn't she refuse the gifts? Maybe she figured he would give her a failing grade.

And the university didn't back him up. He must have been a long standing problem and this was the straw that pushed him out the door.

Not all lechers look guilty. There are lots of pedophiles that look like perfectly normal people.
The man is a perv, plain and simple.
Michelle

Lancaster, OH

#55 Feb 9, 2011
I have to say this is a very sad event and Ohio University has lost one of the best professors that they have ever had! He went out of his way and took the time to help his students..not molest them..if you were scared for your life why would you wait for three days? These allegations against the professor is insane. Those who knew this professor know him as a honest, hard working man who would go out of his way to help students. I have been sexually harassed and borrowing a calculator for your health exam does not constitute harassment. None of this adds up and I think these allegations are ridiculous and fraudulent. None of it makes any sense. This girl has ruined his career and karma is a bitch!
Charmed Im sure

Hilliard, OH

#56 Feb 11, 2011
graylorn wrote:
And he got what he asked for - FIRED! Professors should not hit on students in their class, doesn't matter if the student started it! YOU DO NOT HIT ON STUDENTS IN YOUR CLASS!!!! Its unprofessional, and illegal! WHY is he giving her expensive jewelry? WHY is he taking her to his house ALONE? He isn't innocent!!!! A man who does those sorts of thing expects sex in return. He isn't innocent!
Why didn't she drop the class? Maybe she needed it to graduate. Why didn't she refuse the gifts? Maybe she figured he would give her a failing grade.
And the university didn't back him up. He must have been a long standing problem and this was the straw that pushed him out the door.
Not all lechers look guilty. There are lots of pedophiles that look like perfectly normal people.
The man is a perv, plain and simple.
Maybe she needed it to GRADUATE??? If she is so scared for her LIFE why is her first priority graduating???
PEDOPHILE?? Wow thats a pretty harsh assumption there - the age of onset for sexual deviant behaviors isn't 62!! If he was a "PEDOPHILE" as you claim, there would have been something on his record before now, AND she wouldn't be the only one who he had "hit" on!!
It didn't get him fired - HE RESIGNED!!
Illegal??? For two consenting adults to carry on a romantic relationship - Unethical maybe, perhaps even violating something within his contract at Ohio University, but he's not breaking any LAWS in the state of Ohio.
Did you bother READING the story before finding him guilty??
sjm

Columbus, OH

#57 Feb 11, 2011
graylorn wrote:
And he got what he asked for - FIRED! Professors should not hit on students in their class, doesn't matter if the student started it! YOU DO NOT HIT ON STUDENTS IN YOUR CLASS!!!! Its unprofessional, and illegal! WHY is he giving her expensive jewelry? WHY is he taking her to his house ALONE? He isn't innocent!!!! A man who does those sorts of thing expects sex in return. He isn't innocent!
Why didn't she drop the class? Maybe she needed it to graduate. Why didn't she refuse the gifts? Maybe she figured he would give her a failing grade.
And the university didn't back him up. He must have been a long standing problem and this was the straw that pushed him out the door.
Not all lechers look guilty. There are lots of pedophiles that look like perfectly normal people.
The man is a perv, plain and simple.
Pedophiles are people who like YOUNG children (typically before the inset of puberty). No matter how gross or wrong you think it is for a man in his 60's to date a woman of 18 or 19 it is in no way illegal and it doesn't make the man a pedophile.
Something Off

Plainfield, IL

#58 Feb 11, 2011
I met this Professor on campus and definitely got the "vibe" from him. Something was off and he didn't always have appropriate emotional reactions to people or normal situations. One day he is all friendly and the next he wouldn't even acknowledge a person because they had disagreed with something he said. Do I think she is wrong - yes. But, in the end the accountability is with the authority figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thornville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-pastor gets 6 years in sex case | The Columb... (Feb '11) Jul '17 Knowitall 33
News Buckeye Lake sees strong resurgence amid July 4... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Do whatever it ta... 1
Rebecca Lynn Boyer (May '17) May '17 Snitch 1
Dorothy W...and Delma Rogers 1949 (Feb '17) Feb '17 Charles H 1
News Dream Team to take on Harlem Wizards in basketball (Nov '09) Jan '17 themoonvilletunnel 2
Possible pedophile? (Sep '16) Sep '16 Maria 1
News Weekend of festivals, AC/DC offers range of mus... (Sep '16) Sep '16 d pants 2

Thornville Jobs

Personal Finance

Thornville Mortgages