Police investigate deadly I-65 crash

Police are investigating a deadly crash on I-65 in Boone County. It happened near the Thorntown exit around 6:30 Sunday evening. Full Story
concerned

Columbus, IN

#1 Jul 27, 2008
Why was alcohol mentioned? Just because of the race? Their are numerous race fans that don't drink. It frustrates me that we judge so much. It could have been anything, a deer, driver could have fallen asleep, maybe the driver wasn't paying attention for a split second and over corrected when they looked back at the road? Possible ????
SamT

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jul 27, 2008
I'm sure the police had to have an idea that alcohol was involved. And the news always says alcohol is involved if it is suspected, regardless if it's on a race day or any other day. They're just reporting what they know.
Amen

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jul 27, 2008
concerned wrote:
Why was alcohol mentioned? Just because of the race? Their are numerous race fans that don't drink. It frustrates me that we judge so much. It could have been anything, a deer, driver could have fallen asleep, maybe the driver wasn't paying attention for a split second and over corrected when they looked back at the road? Possible ????
Gee it's really nice to see someone else who is sick and tired of the "spin" that is constantly put on everything in the most negative manner possible based on nothing more than assumption the saddest thing of all is that generally folks remember the First story they read on an article and don't bother to check back on the updates... it's how reputations are ruined ...and misinformation is passed along
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jul 27, 2008
Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee it's really nice to see someone else who is sick and tired of the "spin" that is constantly put on everything in the most negative manner possible based on nothing more than assumption the saddest thing of all is that generally folks remember the First story they read on an article and don't bother to check back on the updates... it's how reputations are ruined ...and misinformation is passed along
you are right. but this is how the liberal media gets paid. but if they were drinking there are alot of Hotels in Indy. Sad story and is an assumption.
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jul 27, 2008
Life is to short to argue over this. Obviously, we don't have fun in life reading this. How does Hawaii sound? You pay we'll go.:) Take care.
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jul 27, 2008
SamT wrote:
I'm sure the police had to have an idea that alcohol was involved. And the news always says alcohol is involved if it is suspected, regardless if it's on a race day or any other day. They're just reporting what they know.
guess you are not a Mccain fan.
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jul 27, 2008
Just think if it were of your family members. devistating. like I said before we need unite. DOES ANYONE REMEMEBER 911??????
Kasie

Rockford, IL

#8 Jul 27, 2008
Report from the Lebanon Reporter:

Alcohol did appear to be a factor in the accident, as a strong odor came from the vehicle and broken containers were found.

Doesn't mean the driver was drinking... but still a hefty possibility.
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jul 27, 2008
Kasie wrote:
Alcohol did appear to be a factor in the accident, as a strong odor came from the vehicle and broken containers were found.
Well that is not good. Like I said Hotel here in Indy.
Kasie

Rockford, IL

#10 Jul 27, 2008
Krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is not good. Like I said Hotel here in Indy.
I agree. Or chill out in town until you're sober or find a DD. It's sad that it takes a fatality of a loved one for people to realize that.
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jul 27, 2008
Kasie wrote:
Maybe get a cab??????????
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jul 27, 2008
Kasie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Or chill out in town until you're sober or find a DD. It's sad that it takes a fatality of a loved one for people to realize that.
Correct!!!!
Krissy

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jul 27, 2008
I think Jimmie Johnson won the race. But I sure I will stand corrected. Not a race fan. Watching cars go around in a circle is not a fun fact with me. I thought Jimmie Johnson was the coach for the Dolphins. Guess he needs some more $$$$$$$$$$$$
are you serious

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jul 28, 2008
Why does every crash that happens after a major sporting event always have "Alcohol mayb have played a role in the Crash." At the time of the incident the victims BAC Level is not known!!
heDothProtestToo Loudly

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jul 28, 2008
uh...maybe they SMELLED it????
are you serious wrote:
Why does every crash that happens after a major sporting event always have "Alcohol mayb have played a role in the Crash." At the time of the incident the victims BAC Level is not known!!
blg

United States

#16 Jul 28, 2008
i saw the wreck driving home up i65, nasty looking. feel sorry for the family but the police typically know if booze plays a part. has nothing to do with the race but!!! good possibility?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thorntown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rehab center Dec 22 wowzer 3
Pamela Osborne Dec 17 its over 1
Wreck just west of Crawfordville on I-74 nov29th Dec 11 squeezers 4
Dose Royal Builders do good work? Dec 5 smh 1
Fredrick R. "Fred" Hitch, New Palestine (Aug '11) Oct '14 Judith Hitch Boots 2
Ebola Land Oct '14 squeezers 1
tattoos Oct '14 need info 1
Thorntown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web