Operation Beauty Stop: 18 arrests mad...

Operation Beauty Stop: 18 arrests made in shoplifting ring

There are 13 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Operation Beauty Stop: 18 arrests made in shoplifting ring. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Lakeland The sheriff of Polk County, Grady Judd, says "They would go into a supermarket or a grocery store and in less than three minutes could walk out with as much as $4,000 to $4,500 worth of merchandise." ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

“That others might live”

Since: Dec 07

Tampa

#2 Jan 25, 2008
Glad they caught them as the cost of the stolden item is normally added to the cost of the items that people pay for. 80 Million thats a lot of five finger discounts.
Tim

North Port, FL

#3 Jan 25, 2008
Thanks Hank for doing the math, but you can't ever assume the base numbers are right, the number could be much lower, it's like the government they just pull numbers out of the air.
Andy

Bartow, FL

#4 Jan 25, 2008
No wonder the speeders, street thugs and loud music cars have been over running us. The sheriff had been chasing a long over due bust on five finger discount scum. -sigh-
Jeff

Pinellas Park, FL

#5 Jan 25, 2008
I just hate people like this. Why not get a regular job you jerks. Hope they all spend years in prison.
hdgobfv

Seffner, FL

#6 Jan 25, 2008
How stupid do the people working at these stores have to be? How can somebody walk out with a sh** load of stuff and not be spotted?
hgdhguy

Cairo, Egypt

#7 Jan 25, 2008
gfhgf
obey the law

Dunnellon, FL

#8 Jan 25, 2008
Each of them needs a hand cut off.
eflake

Clearwater, FL

#9 Jan 26, 2008
What they need to do is arrest the manufacturers who rip us off with those high-priced mach3 razor refills.. like what's the point of buying a 5-pack when a new razor+3 costs the same? The freaking same???
hann

Plant City, FL

#10 Jan 30, 2008
how come rita maddox is not listed as a sex affender she had sex with with elish cordle when he was a kid and had a kid with him
brandon

New Port Richey, FL

#11 Feb 28, 2008
WHY DOES EVERYBODY GOTTA HATE? CAREFUL PASSING JUDGEMENT- THIS THING CAN'T BE OVER YET AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHO WILL BE PULLED INTO THIS WEB SO STOP ALL THE HATE
BRANDON

Tampa, FL

#12 May 1, 2008
BEEN A WHILE---WHAT'S UP?
laura liscome tampa fl

Horn Lake, MS

#13 Mar 27, 2010
screw all u hatas rebecca is my mom and she was wrong but that was because she was on drugs it was not really her it was the drugs and because of drugs a 15 year old girl (me) has no mother !!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#14 Aug 4, 2010
Darn, I had no idea that the beauty shop business was hurting that bad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thonotosassa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa man shot in the head, shooter on the loose (Oct '08) Aug 24 Nathans x 4
News Woman found dead after fire in Tampa apartment (Oct '11) Aug 9 taz 16
Review: Happy Traveler RV Park (Dec '14) Dec '14 Teresa 1
Gail Joiner (Jan '06) Nov '14 Debbie b 28
Review: Nature's Best Irrigation Services (Apr '14) Apr '14 Scammed By Don Lewis 2
Peeping tom with Pink Mohawk (Jan '14) Jan '14 Mad Dad 1
poncho the drug dealer (Aug '13) Aug '13 madwoman59 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thonotosassa Mortgages