After 4th DUI, father ordered to stay...

After 4th DUI, father ordered to stay away from kids

There are 14 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Apr 29, 2008, titled After 4th DUI, father ordered to stay away from kids. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

A judge ordered a Thonotosassa man to stay behind bars, after being charged with his fourth DUI, three counts of child neglect and driving without a valid license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

Disgusted

New York, NY

#1 Apr 29, 2008
Unbelieveable!!! This man has several DUI's in the past, yet continues to jeopardize the lives of his 3 children. He must not have any value for his life or theirs. Where is the mother? Get these kids with family members who value their lives and can provide some stability in their lives. Put him away for a long, long time.
TAMPA BAY 10 READER

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Apr 29, 2008
I believe it all starts in the begining. Get off the first time and it will happen again. DUI is not a slap on the wrist, although the court system must think so. These poor children are the ones who are in trouble now. But probally not as much as they would have been staying with that POS. I hope he rots in hell, then gets sent back to rot some more. He is a pig.
Senior

Davenport, FL

#3 Apr 29, 2008
TAMPA BAY 10 READER wrote:
I believe it all starts in the begining. Get off the first time and it will happen again. DUI is not a slap on the wrist, although the court system must think so. These poor children are the ones who are in trouble now. But probally not as much as they would have been staying with that POS. I hope he rots in hell, then gets sent back to rot some more. He is a pig.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I personally believe every one is entitled to a second chance for any non-LETHAL crime.
Common Sense

Melbourne, FL

#4 Apr 29, 2008
I think he wuld stay away from his kids if he were behind bars as he should be.
pam

Orlando, FL

#5 Apr 29, 2008
the fact that he was already on probation for dui manslaughter and had a permanently suspended license... i have to agree that he needs to rot in hell. hopefully he'll be locked away for a very very long time.

“Live in New Port Richey”

Since: Oct 07

New Port Richey

#6 Apr 29, 2008
Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinion, but I personally believe every one is entitled to a second chance for any non-LETHAL crime.
read the story! he already had his second chance after killing some one else. he was on probation for MANSLAUGHTER DUI and had lost his license for life yet he still intentionally got behind the wheel of a vehicle with enough alcohol in his system that he passed out. By doing so he place the lives of his 3 children and every person he met on the road at risk. this IDIOT has no respect for him self or his kids.

time to kick him out of the gene pool before he kills again.
Marie

Orem, UT

#7 Apr 29, 2008
Senior wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that he is entitled to a second chance, right.......Well this is his 4th DUI. How many more before he gets it right and at what cost....he kids?
Sharky

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Apr 29, 2008
Sad story. The kids are the one's who are gonna hurt the most. But what everyone is not seeing here is this guy has a disease. Yes, he's made some very poor decisions, but alcoholism is a disease. He will go to prison for a long time, and he won't recieve the help he needs. Therefore, when he gets out, he will continue the same behavior that got him into this situation.
Hells Kitchen

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Apr 29, 2008
This guy doesn't sound like he's interested in going anywhere else but Alcoholics Unanimous.
He figures he might as well drive because he'll never get a drivers license again.
stan

La Vernia, TX

#10 Apr 29, 2008
keep him in jail where he belongs...a rel piece of crap
dragonfly

Ormond Beach, FL

#11 Apr 29, 2008
Sharky wrote:
Sad story. The kids are the one's who are gonna hurt the most. But what everyone is not seeing here is this guy has a disease. Yes, he's made some very poor decisions, but alcoholism is a disease. He will go to prison for a long time, and he won't recieve the help he needs. Therefore, when he gets out, he will continue the same behavior that got him into this situation.
Sharkey, how many chances should this guy get? If he wants to quit drinking, it's up to him to seek help. AA's # is listed in every phone book. I'v heard alcoholic's don't seek help until they have hit rock bottom. I would think a conviction for felony DUI manslaughter, is pretty rock bottom. Disease or no disease, it's hard to have any sympathy for this guy. And you are right, it's his kids that are being hurt the most.
TNC

Tampa, FL

#12 Apr 29, 2008
Where is the mother of these children? Since this is this guy's 4th DUI, I'm sure the mother would have known what kind of person she is leaving her children with.
Since this guy was convicted of DUI manslaughter, seems like the judge apparently didn't sentence him to enough jail time to keep him off the streets. Not only has this fool endanged the lives of his very own children, but the lives of others as well. Disease or no disease, probation should not even be allowed for DUI convictions unless the offender has completed a mandatory AA course or other rehab.
I feel sorry for the children, they didn't ask to be put in this situation in life. My prayers are with those children.

“Live in New Port Richey”

Since: Oct 07

New Port Richey

#13 Apr 30, 2008
Sharky wrote:
alcoholism is NOT a disease, some people have a predisposition for dependancy on substances, I have that and I therefore DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL therefore I am not an alcoholic and do not have alcoholism because I do not drink.

this is a good example of and Idiot that has no regard for any one.
amy

United States

#14 Apr 30, 2008
I heard on another news story that the mother died 6 months ago, not that that is any excuse, but everyone keeps asking where the mother is. Sad story all around, now the kids will lose both parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thonotosassa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dont get fooled by trump (Nov '16) Nov 14 gimana 3
Gail Joiner (Jan '06) Nov '15 TVC 31
Review: Happy Traveler RV Park (Dec '14) Dec '14 Teresa 1
Review: Nature's Best Irrigation Services (Apr '14) Apr '14 Scammed By Don Lewis 2
Peeping tom with Pink Mohawk (Jan '14) Jan '14 Mad Dad 1
poncho the drug dealer (Aug '13) Aug '13 madwoman59 2
News Salermo, Susan Corvette (May '13) May '13 Mike Douthit Funk Ne 1

Thonotosassa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thonotosassa Mortgages