You Paid For It: Bonus For Greenville...

You Paid For It: Bonus For Greenville, IL Asst. City Manager

There are 79 comments on the Fox2Now story from Feb 15, 2010, titled You Paid For It: Bonus For Greenville, IL Asst. City Manager. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

A hefty bonus for an official in a small Illinois town draws the attention of You Paid For It.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

Former Resident

Des Moines, IA

#42 Feb 19, 2010
My goodness.....some things will never change!
Former Resident

Des Moines, IA

#43 Feb 19, 2010
Only the names and faces!
Bob and Debbit

Edwardsville, IL

#44 Feb 19, 2010
Bystander wrote:
Why don't they try to bring in another grocery store so IGA has some compitition.IGA's prices are ridiculously high.
I agree
Bob and Debbit

Edwardsville, IL

#45 Feb 19, 2010
Bystander wrote:
Debbie and Bob ,obviously one of you are on the city council or close to someone who is, so your comments are biased.
I don't know anyone on the council nor do i live in Greenville so i have a more objective view.
LOL. Nope. Wrong.

Now if you would have said I must be somebody who is educated and informed, you would have been correct.

The bad guys don't have the guts to go to a city council meeting or write letters in our local paper, but they think nothing of making up stories and sending them to the St. Louis media. Tell me how that makes any sense at all. Look at it from this perspective and you will understand their true motive.
IloveDave

Fairview Heights, IL

#46 Feb 19, 2010
Bob,if so educated as you say, is your woman named Debbie or Debbit? You clearly show your knowledge on that subject. Must be why you and your buddy Dave cannot write down what you both say even if you both think VERY,VERY slowly. You are dearly biased on this topic, smart folks in this area don't go to meetings because they know how politics and appointed officers let power and greed go to their heads and pockets. Not always in that order listed. No we didn't have a vote on the city manager or his assistant, no one has ever seen a posting for the assistant's job. Talk about under the table deals!
Bob and DebbiE

Edwardsville, IL

#47 Feb 19, 2010
IloveDave wrote:
Bob,if so educated as you say, is your woman named Debbie or Debbit? You clearly show your knowledge on that subject. Must be why you and your buddy Dave cannot write down what you both say even if you both think VERY,VERY slowly. You are dearly biased on this topic, smart folks in this area don't go to meetings because they know how politics and appointed officers let power and greed go to their heads and pockets. Not always in that order listed. No we didn't have a vote on the city manager or his assistant, no one has ever seen a posting for the assistant's job. Talk about under the table deals!
And your point is? I won't disagree with you on the way she was hired. However, I will judge her on her performance and what she is doing for Greenville. If you can't see all of the commercial construction going on in Greenville, you are not only ill-informed, you are also blind.

You most certaily DO have a vote on the CM and ACM. Vote in the next election. We have several NEW council members, and I don't see them raising a stink about the CM and ACM.

I love how you make unfounded assumptions about my relationship with Dave and Lisa. You have absolutely no way of knowing. You seem to have a great knowledge of "under the table" deals. Are you so sure about this or are you just paranoid.

Does Greenville have a few issues? Absolutely, what small town doesn't. Are we in the black - YES. Is it so bad that we need to call St. Louis media? Absolutely NOT. Whoever did this, and I know, has an agenda that has nothing to do with the well being of Greenville. They are the control freaks. They hated Stoever so they got Cundiff. He didn't work out, so they got Jim Stevens. He didn't work out, either. They got that Rita lady. She didn't work out. You even tried to change our form of government and it lost in referendum. So we got Dave and Dave hired Lisa. And look at all the good stuff that is going on in Greenville.

And in response to your ridiculous first sentence of this post...It was a typo. Your comment just shows how shallow you truely are. Better call Elliott.
Bob and Debbir

Edwardsville, IL

#48 Feb 19, 2010
Former Resident wrote:
My goodness.....some things will never change!
If you mean the idiots that complain about everything, but never offer anything positive in return, you would be correct.
Nice Guy

United States

#49 Feb 19, 2010
I read all 47 posts and have to say I that opinions are all over the map. That is ok but my issue is not with the people that think Greenville is out of control, it is with the media that think NEGATIVE is all that sells. How many of you would post a comment if Elliot had actually wrote what good things have happened in Greenville in the last couple years? The economy is in sorry shape with many out of work. I hope that Greenville's forward thinking will create jobs, bring a larger tax base to the city, possibly increase residential development,and much more. It is your right to express your opinion and I think that it is fair game that you might disagree or agree with the city. I hope you all think about what you say and that your comment is not rumor. I feel you are all good people. I shall e-mail Elliot with some facts that he has overlooked and ask him to read the information that the city has supplied him.
Bob and Debbie

United States

#50 Feb 19, 2010
Dave Willey has been city manager for around three years. Lisa Stephens has been assistant city manager for around two years.(Before you get your panties in a bunch, these numbers are approximate).

In that time period, in no particular order, we have:
A new Alco Store
The Greenwood Apartments
Buchheit
Brought Tri-Ford to Greenville
Built a new hotel + promised future development
A new CVS Store
A new, expanded Moto-Mart
A new, expanded CC Food Mart
IGA Expansion
Donnewald Distributing
The new flour/tortilla plant (sorry, name escapes me)
A new Health Department
Bass-Mollett Expansion
Waynes Produce & Meat Market
Successful Liquor Referendum

Big Projects that apparently died – neither of which are the fault of the City:
Ethanol Plant
Nevco moving/expansion

Future Projects
Carolina Project (do you know what it is? I do!)
Huddle House
St. Joseph’s Hospital Auxiliary facility
Did you know the Jr. High sold?

To quote Ralph Korte, whom I had lunch with recently, he said,“Do you know how fortunate you are to have Dave Willey and Lisa Stephens in your town?”

Yes Ralph, I do.
Not All Bad

United States

#51 Feb 19, 2010
I've looked and looked, but can't find it, so you'll just have to trust me (or give Elliott a call). Several months ago, in a Highland Newsleader Letter to the editor, a Highland resident said, "Why can't Highland be more like Greenville!"

How many years have we waited to hear that!
Investigator

United States

#53 Feb 21, 2010
Bob now go ahead and list all the stores and factories that have been closed within the last 2 years. I have known the people for years that run the motomart and cc food mart. These places were in the planning stages for years and they were never asked once by the city people to expand. They expanded these places in order to make more money. IGA expanded due to the fact that the only other grociery store in town was forced to close, so IGA capitalized and expanded to make more money. And why does this town not have another grociery store? We were told it was comming, pass the booze law and the stores and resturaunts will come.. Haven't seen any yet.....
Not All Bad

United States

#54 Feb 21, 2010
Investigator wrote:
To reply to the comment that "the truths" made. It is a fact that State representative Ron Stephens has moves out of his house in Greenville and moved to Springfield, IL due to the infidelities of his wife. Mr Stepens must believe the rumors of his wife and Mr. Wiley rolling in the hay. And also lets not forget the fact that Mr. Wiley has recently had the IRS place a lien on his residence for a large sum of money. I am sure that the money that MR. Wiley invested in this town he is getting a return on that imvestment, He didn't just donate $1 million dollars.
Investigator - typical Greenville trash, that is all you are. The conversation is about city affairs, not personal affairs. You are the lowest form of scum and prove Bob and Debbies point....this is not about city hall, the Fox 2 piece was designed to embarass and destroy two people who have worked hard for our community.
Full of Hooey

United States

#55 Feb 21, 2010
Investigator - how in the hell do you know this? What makes you priviy to this so called information. The only people who are spreading personal rumors are asses like you. Investigator, my ass. Instigator is more like it. You should just leave out town.
Bob and Debbie

United States

#56 Feb 21, 2010
Investigator wrote:
Bob now go ahead and list all the stores and factories that have been closed within the last 2 years. I have known the people for years that run the motomart and cc food mart. These places were in the planning stages for years and they were never asked once by the city people to expand. They expanded these places in order to make more money. IGA expanded due to the fact that the only other grociery store in town was forced to close, so IGA capitalized and expanded to make more money. And why does this town not have another grociery store? We were told it was comming, pass the booze law and the stores and resturaunts will come.. Haven't seen any yet.....
Closed factories? ummm. hmmmm.
Businesses? Buck or more? Raceway?
IGA, CC Food, Moto - you are dead wrong. Expansion would have never happened without the liquor referendum.
More restaurants - doesn't happen overnight. If you were a fraction as informed as you like to think you are, you would know that there ARE restaurants coming.

Maybe if people like you would start contributing positive to our community, the job would be easier in attracting new business. But, since you were part of the idiotic faction that has Fox 2's Elliot Davis on your speed dial, the city may have to repair the damage that you caused.

If you are so unhappy with our town, then leave. We don't want you here.
Eyes From Above

United States

#57 Feb 21, 2010
Full of Hooey wrote:
Investigator - how in the hell do you know this? What makes you priviy to this so called information. The only people who are spreading personal rumors are asses like you. Investigator, my ****. Instigator is more like it. You should just leave out town.
Beaumont to the corner of 2nd and Main.
Former Resident

Des Moines, IA

#58 Feb 22, 2010
Bob and Debbir wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean the idiots that complain about everything, but never offer anything positive in return, you would be correct.
I guess it has been that way for 30 years or so....why change things?(Insert Sarcasm)
Bob and Debbie

United States

#59 Feb 22, 2010
Shame on me....I forgot Love's Truck Stop on my list of good things in Greenville. I'm suprised the anit-Greenville crowd didn't point this out.
local

United States

#60 Feb 23, 2010
did lisa and dave knock on buchheits door?...nope
did lisa and dave knock on cvs' door?...nope
knock on the beer distributor...nope
knock on tri ford's door...nope
wayne's produce...nope
vasel's door (IGA).....nope
I have no idea how we landed love's, the tortilla plant, or the bass mollett expansion came about.
the health dept was costing more to repair and maintain that it was to build a new one. moto mart was on the books to rebuild long before the liquor referendum. and yes, c.c. was due to the liquor referendum. let me say that nearly all of greenville that arent alumns of gc wanted the liquor referendum passed. thats a no brainer.
are you forgetting to discuss the ethan's fiasco..thanks dave. whose children were going to greenville high while living in the mulbery district without paying extra? hmmm. buchheits failed to purchase a location in alton (old value city building) and were told by real estate agents in MO about greenville (as it happens, an old value city building). dave has failed to build a road promised to buchheit. cvs is in heavy expansion all over the area, dave and lisa had nothing to do with it, actually they would have built elsewhere if nevco didn't sell the warehouse. anyone from greenville understands why tri ford is in the area.
i love greenville. i've travelled the world and have found no better place to raise my children. the city as a whole is corrupt. dave, and especially lisa, are in the center of it. sorry to burst your bubble dumb and dumber...errr, bob and debbie.
IloveDave

Fairview Heights, IL

#61 Feb 23, 2010
Well said local, very well said! A special pat on the back for stating the truth !
bystander

Bunker Hill, IL

#62 Feb 23, 2010
IloveDave wrote:
Well said local, very well said! A special pat on the back for stating the truth !
Local you head thee head.You made more sense in 1 comment than all of Bob and Debbie's put together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thompsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cameras on lindell 13 min hard to beleive 6
Trump 1 hr In your face 75
i miss you c.v.s. 1 hr Inspector Gadget 10
Post dissapearig 4 hr skank 3
Cops on Reeves Rd? 7 hr Angels ABOVE 10
fake people 13 hr Tamara 41
Transgender at laundry mat today 19 hr Jannyusedtobejimmy 34

Thompsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance