Ranck sentenced to 9 months

Ranck sentenced to 9 months

There are 4 comments on the The Sentinel story from May 14, 2010, titled Ranck sentenced to 9 months. In it, The Sentinel reports that:

A Thompsontown man who plead guilty to causing the death of a friend as the result of a drunk driving accident was sentenced to nine months in jail on Tuesday, despite a request from the Juniata County District Attorney that the defendant serve significantly more time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel.

Mercedes Bowersox

Needmore, PA

#1 May 24, 2010
this is the most messed up thing i have ever heard of.
who knew you could kill your best friend and sit in jail for a whole 9 months and continue on your life. this county needs a reality check. there is no way that rank deserves not to sit a rot in jail for 2 to 5 years.
ex-Jcounty gal

Freeland, PA

#2 Jun 10, 2010
f***ing obsurd! I swear the Jcounty "judges" are mentally retarded....9 months? that's it?? I've seen people do way less serious and get way more time....it's like they just hand out what they want on certain days depending on their mood...

Since: Nov 09

Lewistown, PA

#3 Jun 10, 2010
If you think J County judges are bad, you should come to Mifflin County. They would have released him after the first week and gave him probation as his sentence. It's still ridiculous; I agree.
jasema22

Newport, PA

#4 Sep 13, 2010
He WILL be serving a life sentence. How would you feel if you were responsible for a friend's death?? No judge or jury could make a punishment worse than your own personal hell. Don't judge someone when you have no idea what they have gone through, what they will be going through for the rest of time. It isn't something you can just get over. It wasn't intentional. They were just out having a good time that ended tragically.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thompsontown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former assistant business manager sues West Mif... Jun 29 Edgar Schneiders ... 8
News Expense records sought from Elizabeth Forward b... May '15 HOPE 29
News Freezing rain creates dangerous road conditions (Nov '14) May '15 Hobo Jim 33
Bus service? Feb '15 Lori 1
Back Ground Checks (Oct '13) Oct '13 thebenners1 2
News Walton to run for district judge seat (Feb '13) Feb '13 My 3 cents 1
News Jim Nace (Nov '09) Feb '13 Laura class 2004 3
More from around the web

Thompsontown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Thompsontown Mortgages