Two students charged in Spring Grove ...

Two students charged in Spring Grove tire vandalism

There are 43 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jun 5, 2009, titled Two students charged in Spring Grove tire vandalism. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Two 18-year-old Spring Grove Area High School students have been charged with letting the air out of the tires of 44 school buses, prompting the delay of the start of the school day on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sstplitt

Schiller Park, IL

#1 Jun 5, 2009
you know that in our lifetime there will be some fun , and sometimes it may afect someone like adults that have a hard time with life, if the police can eat donuts, talk on cell phones, and just be a real pain , big humans. just let the youths be youths.
freddy

Schiller Park, IL

#2 Jun 5, 2009
It sounds like someone just wants some money out of the deal like adults that run our comunity, money hungry people. the only thing in york county area that is any good is the air we breath.
Farley Ness

Cranford, NJ

#3 Jun 5, 2009
sstplitt wrote:
you know that in our lifetime there will be some fun , and sometimes it may afect someone like adults that have a hard time with life, if the police can eat donuts, talk on cell phones, and just be a real pain , big humans. just let the youths be youths.
And suppose these 'nice youths being youths' caused just enough damage to a tire so as to go undetected but when the bus was goinfg down the road at 45mph resulted in a tire blowout with a serrious accident and many students killed and injured? Just letting kids being kids? Grow up a##wipe!
Farley Ness

Cranford, NJ

#4 Jun 5, 2009
freddy wrote:
It sounds like someone just wants some money out of the deal like adults that run our comunity, money hungry people. the only thing in york county area that is any good is the air we breath.
It sounds and looks (IP Address) that the pervious poster and Freddy are one in the same a##wipes who think it's okay for youths to be youths by damaging the safety of equipment that carry hundreds of our children to school everyday. Hey why not just cut the brake lines and let these two a##wipes get their jollies that way! Freddy, you are one ignorant and idiotic little girl. Go back to playing with your Barbie dolls and stay out of serious topics such as this, it's where you can do the least harm and not display your borderline retarded mentality.
Air Heads

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jun 5, 2009
freddy wrote:
Two posts from ISP address in Livingston, NJ, with separate names. Same idiot! Let kids be kids, eating donuts, money hungry, police...and the main kicker, "the only thing in york county area that is any good is the air we breath". Just shows how extremely stupid and uninformed some folks are. The Susquehanna Valley has some of the worst air quality around. Have those punksters hand wax every school bus that services the SPSD. When they are finished with that, have them mow/manicure the grass around the high school with their teeth. Told you prior, that these idiots could not keep their mouths shut. Send both of them to Iraq for a year, that will let the air out of their heads.
Phillie Phanatic

Clifton Heights, PA

#6 Jun 5, 2009
YDR.....QUIT calling this vandalism. The charge was Criminal Mischeif, as I said it would be called earlier when this story broke.

Calling this vandalism leaves you open to a potential lawsuit from the alleged perpetrators.
kids will be kids

United States

#7 Jun 5, 2009
I wonder if they would have the same "Oh well, kids will be kids" attitude if the kids had targeted their cars instead of school buses?
My thoughts

Moorestown, NJ

#8 Jun 5, 2009
Its one thing for harmless childhood mischief, 44 buses that is just f@*^&up, these kids obviously have some issues. Get a grip and put them to work.Kids will be kids my a@@, if I would have done something like that I would not have sat for a week no matter how old I was.
George

Marshall, VA

#9 Jun 5, 2009
sstplitt wrote:
STUPID IDIOTIC POST!
George

Marshall, VA

#10 Jun 5, 2009
freddy wrote:
DITTO! Another STUPID IDIOTIC POST!
George

Marshall, VA

#11 Jun 5, 2009
My thoughts wrote:
Its one thing for harmless childhood mischief, 44 buses that is just f@*^&up, these kids obviously have some issues. Get a grip and put them to work.Kids will be kids my a@@, if I would have done something like that I would not have sat for a week no matter how old I was.
Not kids! ADULTS!!!!
Philliesfan

United States

#12 Jun 5, 2009
You won't be doing these "Kids" any favors by letting them go unpunished. Sure, "harmless" pranks that inconvenience others have been going on for a long, long time. But trust me, when we were
kids and did anything like this, we had he** to pay when our parents found out. We developed respect for authority and for other people's time and property. Something these guys have not yet learned.
Someone in York

Millersville, PA

#13 Jun 5, 2009
How can this cause thousands of dollars worth of damage...? Isn't air free? Shouldn't the garages where these busses are kept already have an air machine for the tires?? It's the bus company's responsibility to make sure the busses are safe every day anyway-- so don't blame these kids for trying to hurt anyone. There wasn't even any property damage-- the tires weren't slashed, they were deflated. That's fixed easily enough. Stop blowing minor issues out of proportion. A prank is exactly that: a prank. It's not a nice thing to do, but in this instance, it was harmless enough. A two hour delay toward the end of the school year doesn't hurt anyone. Big freaking deal.
George

Marshall, VA

#14 Jun 5, 2009
Someone in York wrote:
How can this cause thousands of dollars worth of damage...? Isn't air free? Shouldn't the garages where these busses are kept already have an air machine for the tires?? It's the bus company's responsibility to make sure the busses are safe every day anyway-- so don't blame these kids for trying to hurt anyone. There wasn't even any property damage-- the tires weren't slashed, they were deflated. That's fixed easily enough. Stop blowing minor issues out of proportion. A prank is exactly that: a prank. It's not a nice thing to do, but in this instance, it was harmless enough. A two hour delay toward the end of the school year doesn't hurt anyone. Big freaking deal.
A third STUPID IDIOTIC POST!
My thoughts

Moorestown, NJ

#15 Jun 5, 2009
Someone in York wrote:
They damaged the valve stems read the article duh
My thoughts

Moorestown, NJ

#16 Jun 5, 2009
I only can assume when you remove a valve stem that you damaged it versus removing the valve stem cap. Then again consider the source, they get it wrong all the time.
MyWorld

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Jun 5, 2009
I would call this vandalism...the valve stems were removed. They should mow the Spring Grove school grass until the money is paid back! When I was growing up, the whole adage of "kids will be kids" required no damage to be done to anyone or their property, at least in my household. The people who think this act should go unpunished are probably the parents who turn their heads and don't see or don't care what their kids do.
Farley Ness

Cranford, NJ

#18 Jun 5, 2009
Someone in York wrote:
I bet it would be real hoot to go to get in your car tomorrow morning and have four flat tires because the kids in the neighborhood were 'just having a good tome'. I bet the first words out of your moutn would be 'no freaking big deal' LOL
My thoughts

Moorestown, NJ

#19 Jun 5, 2009
Oh and I don't care if they are 18 and "adults", that was a kids prank. One day you turn 18 the day before you were a kid now all of tbe sudden you are an adult yeah right. I know it's the law but doesn't mean all kids have grown up.Regardless it was stupid to do.
jlc

York, PA

#20 Jun 5, 2009
This is being blown way out of proportion. And yes, kids will be kids, just a prank. Make them wash all of the buses and mow the lawn in the school district as some others have said. But come on...criminal charges...get real. They didn't hurt anyone, why are people wanting these kids to be severly punished?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Humphreys (Aug '15) Aug 24 Pinkpolkadots 23
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
News Hostility flares at West York council meeting (Jan '12) Apr '16 Trish 9
increase bust naturally proven results with raw... Apr '16 modeljoanie 1
News Boyfriend may have taken missing Gettysburg tee... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Davenport 22
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
folks that care in dover pa (Feb '16) Feb '16 Beth ott 1

Thomasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomasville Mortgages