Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23713 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
How are those posts racist?
Nevermind - you don't know the definition of the term, so it's impossible for you to answer.
Of course, danny BOY, you don't see "a black man as president who is intellectually superior to your pasty asses" as a racist comment. It's a racist comment directed at whites who, by YOUR definition, can't be victims of racism in the U.S.

Your selective and hypocritical definition of racism identifies you as a racist, danny BOY.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23714 May 23, 2012
Pat Yourselves on the Back, GOP

Republicans are crowing that the president didn't do that great in last night's primaries in Arkansas and Kentucky, or in the recent contest in West Virginia.

I don't think it's good sign for the Republicans.

First, because the president doesn't need to win any of those states to be reelected, his unpopularity there has no obvious repercussions.

Second, because all three states have Democratic governors, West Virginia has two Democratic senators, and Arkansas has one, the implication is that Obama is more unpopular there because of his race than the party's policies.

Democrats have been doing great in statewide elections in West Virginia and Kentucky during Obama's first term. Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe, a Democrat, was reelected in the Republicans' wave election of 2010 with nearly 65% of the vote. The only drag we've seen in these states has been on the district level where we've lost some seats in the House of Representatives.

There's no reason to believe that a white presidential candidate wouldn't immediately compete for the electoral votes of these states. Arkansas and West Virginia are both traditionally Democratic states, while Kentucky is more of a swing-state.

What last night's results show is that the president's problems in Appalachia stem less from any Republican strength than from his weakness there among white Democrats.

Since it is unlikely that the next Democratic presidential contender will be black, it's also unlikely that the Republicans can rely on these Appalachian states to remain solidly in their corner.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23715 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Pat Yourselves on the Back, GOP
Republicans are crowing that the president didn't do that great in last night's primaries in Arkansas and Kentucky, or in the recent contest in West Virginia.
I don't think it's good sign for the Republicans.
First, because the president doesn't need to win any of those states to be reelected, his unpopularity there has no obvious repercussions.
Second, because all three states have Democratic governors, West Virginia has two Democratic senators, and Arkansas has one, the implication is that Obama is more unpopular there because of his race than the party's policies.
Democrats have been doing great in statewide elections in West Virginia and Kentucky during Obama's first term. Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe, a Democrat, was reelected in the Republicans' wave election of 2010 with nearly 65% of the vote. The only drag we've seen in these states has been on the district level where we've lost some seats in the House of Representatives.
There's no reason to believe that a white presidential candidate wouldn't immediately compete for the electoral votes of these states. Arkansas and West Virginia are both traditionally Democratic states, while Kentucky is more of a swing-state.
What last night's results show is that the president's problems in Appalachia stem less from any Republican strength than from his weakness there among white Democrats.
Since it is unlikely that the next Democratic presidential contender will be black, it's also unlikely that the Republicans can rely on these Appalachian states to remain solidly in their corner.
This is a stolen article.

The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.

danny BOY, the plagiarist.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23716 May 23, 2012
DEFINITIONS:
.

WHITE PRIVILEGE
A privilege is a right, favor, advantage, immunity, specially granted to one individual or group, and withheld from another.
~ Webster

White Privilege is:
1. Preferential prejudice and preferential treatment of whites based solely on their skin color and/or ancestral origin from Europe.
2. Absence of oppression based on skin color and ancestral origin from Africa, Asia and the Americas. "White peoples were exempt from slavery, land grab and genocide, the first forms of white privilege [in the future U.S.]."
~ Virginia Harris and Trinity Ordoņa
.

RACE PREJUDICE
Race Prejudice exists wherever societies subscribe to American or European concepts of "race" as a biological construct. Unlike cultural prejudice , in which the concept of "culture" has a basis in reality, race prejudice has no such basis, and is, therefore, irrational.
Nevertheless, among members of each, so-called, race in the United States can be found many people who are afflicted by "race prejudice" and confuse it with cultural prejudice. Such prejudice is conflicted because the unreal concept of "race" often cuts across more than one (often many - e.g.: Asian Americans (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) cultural or ethnic groups which have distinctly different cultures.
.

RACISM
Racism is race prejudice plus power
.

INTERNALIZED RACISM
1. The process by which a person of color accepts the definition of him/herself that the white supremacy system has created.
2. The treatment of persons of color by persons of color similar to treatment accorded by whites to persons of color.
3. The acceptance by persons of color of Euro-centric values.
.

RACIST
A Racist is one who participates [as a member of the dominant "race"] in a social system in which race prejudice is backed up with power.
~ People's Institute
It is thus synonymous with White Privilege, a systemic term to describe all white people, especially those in the United States. It is not an issue of personal attitude or behavior. Personal attitude or behavior, however, may reflect the fact of white privilege.
By this definition, people of color cannot be racists because as groups within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities or acts of discrimination.[This does not deny the existence of prejudices, hostilities, acts of rage or discrimination. See Race Prejudice.]
.

NON-RACIST
A non-term. The term was created by whites to deny responsibility for systemic racism, to shift responsibility for changing a racist system from whites, to blaming people of color for the racist system [called "blaming the victim"].
A non-racist is "color blind."
Responsibility for perpetuating and legitimizing our racist system rests both on those who actively maintain it, and on those who refuse to challenge it. Silence is consent.
.


ANTI-RACIST
[If applied to white people] a person who makes a conscious choice to act to challenge some aspect of the white supremacy system.
Among people of color there are many different definitions which range from survival within a white supremacy system to all forms of resistance to that system. Common synonyms are freedom fighter, warrior, liberation fighter, political prisoner, prisoner of war, sister, brother, compa, etc.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23717 May 23, 2012
The first thing you really need to understand is that the definition of racism that you probably have (which is the colloquial definition: "racism is prejudice against someone based on their skin color or ethnicity") is NOT the definition that's commonly used in anti-racist circles.

The definition used in anti-racist circles is the accepted sociological definition (which is commonly used in academic research, and has been used for more than a decade now): "racism is prejudice plus power". What this means, in easy language:

A. Anyone can hold "racial prejudice" -- that is, they can carry positive or negative stereotypes of others based on racial characteristics. For example, a white person thinking all Asians are smart, or all black people are criminals; or a Chinese person thinking Japanese people are untrustworthy; or what-have-you. ANYONE, of any race, can have racial prejudices.

B. People of any race can commit acts of violence, mistreatment, ostracizing, etc., based on their racial prejudices. A black kid can beat up a white kid because he doesn't like white kids. An Indian person can refuse to associate with Asians. Whatever, you get the idea.

C. However, to be racist (rather than simply prejudiced) requires having institutional power. In North America, white people have the institutional power. In large part we head the corporations; we make up the largest proportion of lawmakers and judges; we have the money; we make the decisions. In short, we control the systems that matter. "White" is presented as normal, the default. Because we have institutional power, when we think differently about people based on their race or act on our racial prejudices, we are being racist. Only white people can be racist, because only white people have institutional power.

D. People of color can be prejudiced, but they cannot be racist, because they don't have the institutional power.(However, some people refer to intra-PoC prejudice as "lateral racism". You may also hear the term "colorism", which refers to lighter-skinned PoC being prejudiced toward darker-skinned PoC.) However, that situation can be different in other countries; for example, a Japanese person in Japan can be racist against others, because the Japanese have the institutional power there. But in North America, Japanese people can't be racist because they don't hold the institutional power.

E. If you're in an area of your city/state/province that is predominantly populated by PoC and, as a white person, you get harassed because of your skin color, it's still not racism, even though you're in a PoC-dominated area. The fact is, even though they're the majority population in that area, they still lack the institutional power. They don't have their own special PoC-dominated police force for that area. They don't have their own special PoC-dominated courts in that area. The state/province and national media are still not dominated by PoC. Even though they have a large population in that particular area, they still lack the institutional power overall.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23718 May 23, 2012
Post #23716 above...

Source: http://www.antiracistworkshop.org/howto.html
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23719 May 23, 2012

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#23720 May 23, 2012
dan have you reported this post to the topix police yet ..?..
wheres your race card ..?.. this is an easy one to trump the race deck with ..!.. are you not gonna stand up to this for all of humanity ..?....?..

IS THERE NO VOICE OF REASON ..?..

LMAO @ dan the (..!..) man ..!..
Roger wrote:
Its just killing you all that we have a black man as president who is intellectually superior to your pasty asses.
TaxNoMore

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#23721 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
More on the Obama binge spending myth...
The source of our current deficit boil down to three factors - the Bush recession, the Bush tax cuts, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Obama's spending - the bailouts and the stimulus are essentially OVER. They simply do not play any significant role in the deficit moving forward.
----------
The Causes of the National Deficit
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/images/deficit-c...
----------
The reality- and truth-based left has always known this.
But the right has been lying so consistently and so pervasively that low-information voters continue to believe that Obama is responsible for our deficits.
Republican 2012: When the truth hurts...lie
..........

Last I checked a budget was written in the House, approved by committee with the Senate, and singed by the President.

We're still following that part of the Constitution, right?

Good.

Then Obama really isn't doing much recently, as he hasn't had a budget sent to him to sign on over 3 years (as the Senate refuses to write a budget, or vote on budgets submitted by the House, or try to compromise with the House on a budget).

But we have had a SIGNIFICANT spending increase recently... lets see if we can figure out when it happened...

2007, the last year a GOP House & Senate wrote a budget...$2.73 trillion.

Democrats controlled both House & Senate immediately after this.

2010, the last year the Senate had a single vote for a Budget...$3.721 trillion (enacted).

Democrats still controlled both the House and Senate for this Budget.

So we increase spending by a TRILLION DOLLARS IN THREE YEARS... who wrote those budgets with those increases?

Congress 2007-2010... who was that?
Roger

Cumberland, MD

#23722 May 23, 2012
-----lol

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is an American polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina. PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman and Democratic pollster Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.

Many PPP election polls were commissioned by the liberal website Dailykos.

PPP has been known for asking unexpected and unusual questions, including those without bearing on politics, such as the approval rating of God, and the percentage of voters who believe President Obama would be eligible for entering heaven in the event of the Rapture.

-----LOL
Obama 2012 wrote:
Updated poll show Obama up 8 % on Robney in Pa.
Barack Obama is maintaining an 8-point lead over Mitt Romney in Pennsylvania -- according to the latest Public Policy Polling study -- which is 1 point better than their last look in March, putting the incumbent in pretty good position in the state.
The Democratic-leaning pollsters also show Republican Gov. Tom Corbett's favorable/unfavorable numbers worsening by 7 points (to 37/50) since their look in November (when they were at 37-43).
LQQK HERE:
http://earlyreturns.sites.post-gazette.com/in...
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Roger

Cumberland, MD

#23723 May 23, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
this should lock it up for Obama,Robney cant get to 270, whereas Obama will get over 320+.......
Might as well not even have an election..........LOL!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! !!!!!!!!
Did you get daddy's permission to post on here today? LMAO
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23724 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
DEFINITIONS:
.
WHITE PRIVILEGE
A privilege is a right, favor, advantage, immunity, specially granted to one individual or group, and withheld from another.
~ Webster
White Privilege is:
1. Preferential prejudice and preferential treatment of whites based solely on their skin color and/or ancestral origin from Europe.
2. Absence of oppression based on skin color and ancestral origin from Africa, Asia and the Americas. "White peoples were exempt from slavery, land grab and genocide, the first forms of white privilege [in the future U.S.]."
~ Virginia Harris and Trinity Ordoņa
.
RACE PREJUDICE
Race Prejudice exists wherever societies subscribe to American or European concepts of "race" as a biological construct. Unlike cultural prejudice , in which the concept of "culture" has a basis in reality, race prejudice has no such basis, and is, therefore, irrational.
Nevertheless, among members of each, so-called, race in the United States can be found many people who are afflicted by "race prejudice" and confuse it with cultural prejudice. Such prejudice is conflicted because the unreal concept of "race" often cuts across more than one (often many - e.g.: Asian Americans (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) cultural or ethnic groups which have distinctly different cultures.
.
RACISM
Racism is race prejudice plus power
.
INTERNALIZED RACISM
1. The process by which a person of color accepts the definition of him/herself that the white supremacy system has created.
2. The treatment of persons of color by persons of color similar to treatment accorded by whites to persons of color.
3. The acceptance by persons of color of Euro-centric values.
.
RACIST
A Racist is one who participates [as a member of the dominant "race"] in a social system in which race prejudice is backed up with power.
~ People's Institute
It is thus synonymous with White Privilege, a systemic term to describe all white people, especially those in the United States. It is not an issue of personal attitude or behavior. Personal attitude or behavior, however, may reflect the fact of white privilege.
By this definition, people of color cannot be racists because as groups within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities or acts of discrimination.[This does not deny the existence of prejudices, hostilities, acts of rage or discrimination. See Race Prejudice.]
.
NON-RACIST
A non-term. The term was created by whites to deny responsibility for systemic racism, to shift responsibility for changing a racist system from whites, to blaming people of color for the racist system [called "blaming the victim"].
A non-racist is "color blind."
Responsibility for perpetuating and legitimizing our racist system rests both on those who actively maintain it, and on those who refuse to challenge it. Silence is consent.
.
ANTI-RACIST
[If applied to white people] a person who makes a conscious choice to act to challenge some aspect of the white supremacy system.
Among people of color there are many different definitions which range from survival within a white supremacy system to all forms of resistance to that system. Common synonyms are freedom fighter, warrior, liberation fighter, political prisoner, prisoner of war, sister, brother, compa, etc.
This is a stolen article.

The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.

danny BOY, the plagiarist.
Obama 2012

West Mifflin, PA

#23725 May 23, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
..........
42% of Voters Choose Other Than Obama in Arkansas and Kentucky Democratic Primaries
( CNSNews.com )- President Barack Obama won Tuesday's Democratic primaries in Arkansas and Kentucky with around 58 percent of the vote.
But in both states, the opposition -- including "uncommitted" in Kentucky -- had a surprisingly strong showing against an incumbent president.
In Arkansas, a relative unknown -- Democrat John Wolfe, Jr.-- took 42 percent of the vote, capitalizing on what he calls
"the undercurrent of discontent" in the Democratic Party.
According to Wolfe, "under Obama’s leadership, the Democratic Party has proposed a misguided healthcare reform, continues to reward corporate thugs in the economic bailout, and falls short on foreign policy."
Wolfe previously took 12 percent of the vote in Louisiana's primary.
And he is on the ballot in the May 29 Texas primary.
Wolfe's showing in Arkansas echoes what happened two weeks ago in West Virginia, where a felon took 41 percent of the vote in the Democratic presidential primary.
On the Republican side of the ballot Tuesday, Mitt Romney took 68 percent of the vote in Arkansas and 67 percent in Kentucky.
..........
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!HO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
YEAH BABYYYYYYYYYY Obama four more years!!!!!!!!!!
Primaries dont mean anything......I know I didnt go out and vote...Obama is the incubment...why vote for him again in the primaries? It meant nothing! HAAAAAA!........Voter turnout for Obama was low and was low all around the country....The General election will put Obama over the top and beyond.........320 electoral votes....
Mittens cant get 270,,,,,,and no one can say why? included you!!
LOLOLOLOL!!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23726 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
The first thing you really need to understand is that the definition of racism that you probably have (which is the colloquial definition: "racism is prejudice against someone based on their skin color or ethnicity") is NOT the definition that's commonly used in anti-racist circles.
The definition used in anti-racist circles is the accepted sociological definition (which is commonly used in academic research, and has been used for more than a decade now): "racism is prejudice plus power". What this means, in easy language:
A. Anyone can hold "racial prejudice" -- that is, they can carry positive or negative stereotypes of others based on racial characteristics. For example, a white person thinking all Asians are smart, or all black people are criminals; or a Chinese person thinking Japanese people are untrustworthy; or what-have-you. ANYONE, of any race, can have racial prejudices.
B. People of any race can commit acts of violence, mistreatment, ostracizing, etc., based on their racial prejudices. A black kid can beat up a white kid because he doesn't like white kids. An Indian person can refuse to associate with Asians. Whatever, you get the idea.
C. However, to be racist (rather than simply prejudiced) requires having institutional power. In North America, white people have the institutional power. In large part we head the corporations; we make up the largest proportion of lawmakers and judges; we have the money; we make the decisions. In short, we control the systems that matter. "White" is presented as normal, the default. Because we have institutional power, when we think differently about people based on their race or act on our racial prejudices, we are being racist. Only white people can be racist, because only white people have institutional power.
D. People of color can be prejudiced, but they cannot be racist, because they don't have the institutional power.(However, some people refer to intra-PoC prejudice as "lateral racism". You may also hear the term "colorism", which refers to lighter-skinned PoC being prejudiced toward darker-skinned PoC.) However, that situation can be different in other countries; for example, a Japanese person in Japan can be racist against others, because the Japanese have the institutional power there. But in North America, Japanese people can't be racist because they don't hold the institutional power.
E. If you're in an area of your city/state/province that is predominantly populated by PoC and, as a white person, you get harassed because of your skin color, it's still not racism, even though you're in a PoC-dominated area. The fact is, even though they're the majority population in that area, they still lack the institutional power. They don't have their own special PoC-dominated police force for that area. They don't have their own special PoC-dominated courts in that area. The state/province and national media are still not dominated by PoC. Even though they have a large population in that particular area, they still lack the institutional power overall.
This is a stolen article.

The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.

danny BOY, the plagiarist.

“Change is the only constant”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#23727 May 23, 2012
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
or "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."
Each are valid in their own context. Franklin was specific regarding the quote about liberty. The quote you provided could be construed or interpreted to apply to almost any situation. Attempting to undermine one of his quotes via invocation of another is amusing although I'm certain Franklin wouldn't have confused the two or attempt to infer one cancels out the other as you appear to have erred.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23728 May 23, 2012
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a stolen article.
The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.
danny BOY, the plagiarist.
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a stolen article.
The poster is a plagiarist for failing to attribute its source and for presenting it as his own.
danny BOY, the plagiarist.
ROFLMAO!!

The psycho is so eager to attack me that he doesn't even bother reading (like ALWAYS). He just leaps to his irrational conclusions and ATTACKS!!(like ALWAYS)

Dumbass psycho stalker.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#23729 May 23, 2012
i stopped reading after i realized what a burden i was. lol..
Dan the Man wrote:
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23730 May 23, 2012
boxhard wrote:
i stopped reading after i realized what a burden i was. lol..
<quoted text>
So you managed to read TWO whole sentences. LMAO! That's sounds about right for your intellectual level.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#23731 May 23, 2012
Remember all the concerned rightwingers who believed Obama's support of gay marriage would alienate black voters?

Well, not so much...

----------

Public opinion continues to shift in favor of same-sex marriage, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, which also finds initial signs that President Obama’s support for the idea may have changed a few minds.

Overall, 53 percent of Americans say gay marriage should be legal, hitting a high mark in support while showing a dramatic turnaround from just six years ago, when just 36 percent thought it should be legal. Thirty-nine percent, a new low, say gay marriage should be illegal.

The poll also finds that 59 percent of African Americans say they support same-sex marriage, up from an average of 41 percent in polls leading up to Obama’s announcement of his new position on the matter. Though statistically significant, it is a tentative result because of the relatively small sample of black voters in the poll.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#23732 May 23, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!
The psycho is so eager to attack me that he doesn't even bother reading (like ALWAYS). He just leaps to his irrational conclusions and ATTACKS!!(like ALWAYS)
Dumbass psycho stalker.
Confused you, danny BOY.

danny BOY, I DID read and found you copied and pasted the words of another without citing the source. In other words, you stole their work.

You don't include attribution LATER, danny BOY, you include attribution or source citation IN the post.

danny BOY, the "dumbass psycho".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boyfriend may have taken missing Gettysburg tee... Feb 5 Bob 20
St Patrick's day. Feb 4 modeljoanie 1
country music CD review bonus cole swindell son... Feb 4 modeljoanie 1
auburn red hair for Valentine's day how to vide... Feb 3 modeljoanie 1
model joanie bosserman wig secrets video first ... Feb 3 Peggy ott 3
News Two face off for magisterial district (Nov '11) Jan 24 Hal Jaleikakik 3
News Explained: Kitzmiller v. Dover Area Schoola Jan 24 Critical Eye 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomasville Mortgages