Residents alarmed by gun display

Residents alarmed by gun display

There are 19 comments on the Evening Sun story from Sep 7, 2010, titled Residents alarmed by gun display. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Residents of a mobile home park near Thomasville said they were surprised to learn that a man was cited for brandishing a look-alike gun at the park's playground Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

jlg

Shermans Dale, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2010
hey leave the man alone. he has the 2nd amendment right to scare the bejesus out of anyone he pleases.
a former student

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2010
Yes, let's extend the Second Amendment to everything that could be used as a weapon---machettes, brass knuckes, rockets launchers, road side bombs (just the look-a-like type). I get my jollies intimidating and harassing the public so why not everyone?
Frank Mills

Bryantown, MD

#3 Sep 8, 2010
yeah, lets all be morons and exercise our rights. I'm strapping down and headed to the 7 11, then the grocery store and a diner for lunch. All the while gleaming in the attention as I listen to peoples comments about my gun...

This isn't me, but some morons do this and brag about it online. Exactly the people who have no business with a gun.
Mannie

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Sep 8, 2010
Its idiots like this that cause all the problems for law-abiding gun owners. What a jerk. Just wants publicity.
Amanda

Abbottstown, PA

#5 Sep 8, 2010
" A permit is not needed to carry an unconcealed weapon, he said.

In the case of weapons that look like legitimate firearms, Keuerleber said common sense should prevail.

"Good common sense tells you you don't brandish a weapon," he said. "Luckily it didn't turn out worse than it did."

I am a fairly young woman, but even I know that if someone is even seen with a gun they are accused of "brandishing" it! What a load of crap. Maybe if these kids saw a few more guns in the hands of legal citizens, fewer people's kayaks would go missing!!!
LMAO

Newville, PA

#6 Sep 8, 2010
Amanda wrote:
In the case of weapons that look like legitimate firearms, Keuerleber said common sense should prevail.
"Good common sense tells you you don't brandish a weapon," he said. "Luckily it didn't turn out worse than it did."
I am a fairly young woman, but even I know that if someone is even seen with a gun they are accused of "brandishing" it! What a load of crap. Maybe if these kids saw a few more guns in the hands of legal citizens, fewer people's kayaks would go missing!!!
very well said,,

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#7 Sep 8, 2010
Unless he actually threatened someone, it sounds like the Northern York County Regional Police clearly violated Spiker's 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.
Rod

Baltimore, MD

#8 Sep 8, 2010
Amanda has it right. I am offended by the comment by Keuerleber. You would think he would be encouraging law abiding citizens to take advantage of the open carry laws.
just

Brogue, PA

#9 Sep 8, 2010
quiet trailer park? This place is a scum slum!
JTW

Hunt Valley, MD

#10 Sep 8, 2010
Amanda wrote:
thumbs up to Amanda !!!
just here

Dallastown, PA

#11 Sep 8, 2010
WHEWWW we are so glad Chesapeake Estates Mobile Home Park denied our application due to a bankrupt.. sounds like that place is going to h*ll fast. thanks,Chesapeake Estates !
Glen

United States

#12 Sep 8, 2010
2nd Amendment Right! He may have acted dangerous to someones point of view but he has the right to handle a gun as every American has the right to do. He is not guilty of anything(based on the info here) but the police are guilty of not doing thier job right and protecting the public in a Just manner like the Constitution says. Thats not to mention the fact that the gun is not real. Do the people in this area call the cops for kids with anything else that looks like a gun too? And where are the parents? Come on people you can't sit home and think your kids are good if you don't watch them to see how good they are.
DHG

Hanover, PA

#13 Sep 8, 2010
Amanda wrote:
Absolutely true. Thank you.
ProGunPolice

Troy, VA

#14 Sep 9, 2010
I wish that more information was in this story.

Did he point it at someone or threaten someone?

Was he being disorderly?

Was it holstered and he was just wearing it? Ect.

Several people have been illeaglly arrested for open carry (visit PAopencarry.org ) and they all were awarded lots of cash for having thier rights violated by the police.

But many people have been arrested for having toy guns that look real. Most often when they act like fools in public with them or use them in crimes.

I have encountered several people armed with toy guns, Airsoft, BB and even some paintball Guns that look and feel like real guns. I support the right to carry, open or concealed and the right to own firearms.

But toys need to look like toys and real guns need to look like real guns. There are to many toys that look real and an orange cap on the tip doesn't cut it. Now some real guns are starting to look like toys, coming in colors like pink ect.

Thugs are also painting stolen guns in gang colors, thinking with will make the police hesitate long enough for the gangster to get the first shot off. After all if it looks like a toy the police likley will not shoot the 14 yr. old gangster.

In the UK where handguns are illegal, toy guns are used all the time in crimes, becuase they look real.

Bottom line - Lawful citizens have every right to own and carry firearms. Those who use guns or toy guns in a crime need the book thrown at them.

Anyone interested in obtaining a concealed weapon permit should visit there local Sheriff's Office. It cost about $25 for 5 years and usually takes less than 3 weeks to complete. 2 page form and a friendly process.
just saying

York, PA

#15 Sep 9, 2010
just wrote:
quiet trailer park? This place is a scum slum!
well i guess you must live there..
just saying

York, PA

#16 Sep 9, 2010
just here wrote:
WHEWWW we are so glad Chesapeake Estates Mobile Home Park denied our application due to a bankrupt.. sounds like that place is going to h*ll fast. thanks,Chesapeake Estates !
Must have been more then that i know people who live in this park that went bankrupt and live there and have nice homes...
just saying

York, PA

#17 Sep 9, 2010
jlg wrote:
hey leave the man alone. he has the 2nd amendment right to scare the bejesus out of anyone he pleases.
well thats all fine and dandy but why would a 28 yr old man take it to the park....where there are children playing...kinda a stupid move to me......maybe the park will throw him out for such a dumb move..
R U Kyddingme

Mooresville, NC

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Wasn't there a recent case of a woman openly carrying on her kid's playground and getting that right upheld only to eventually be shot by her husband in a murder-suicide? Seems like too many of these end up in a "live by the sword, die by the sword" situation. I am not anti-gun, per se, but I am for a little common sense.
Amanda

Abbottstown, PA

#19 Sep 10, 2010
R U Kyddingme wrote:
Wasn't there a recent case of a woman openly carrying on her kid's playground and getting that right upheld only to eventually be shot by her husband in a murder-suicide? Seems like too many of these end up in a "live by the sword, die by the sword" situation. I am not anti-gun, per se, but I am for a little common sense.
I agree on common sense. Now, how much of a lack of common sense does it take to arrest a man walking down the driveway of a place where he lives, while carrying a toy gun??? I could see myself picking up one of my kid's toys and walking home with it because they left it out.

If he waved & threatened someone with it, that is one thing, but if he had threatened someone he'd be charged with a LOT more than the police are trying to charge him with.

It just sounds like someone was playing Henny Penny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video dover, York pa I remember when...by model... Jul '17 Modeljoanie 1
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News To march or not? Some women are staying away be... (Jan '17) Jun '17 TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP 2
News evolution wars that culminated Jun '17 Nemesis 1
Love me anti aging cream reviews (Oct '16) May '17 Bucuh 2
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Did colonial courthouse windows end up in the D... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Gofigure 1

Thomasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomasville Mortgages