Adams officer injured during pursuit heads to rehab center

Cumberland Township police officer Tim Biggins says goodbye to Eastern Adams Officer Rick Phillips Thursday morning at Thomasville Airport. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
COPS fault

Hanover, PA

#27 Jun 28, 2010
Bill wrote:
He shouldn't be allowed to return to his work, he can't even drive.
The article says he's real good at asking the same question ...
no worries

York, PA

#28 Jun 29, 2010
Are You Kidding Me wrote:
No worries you are pathetic!
Name one time an officer helped you.I will tell you about the one time they "helped" me.I was at a convenience store pumping gas and these 2 guys approached me,punched me in the face and took my wallet.The clerk called the police and i stood there bleeding waiting 45 minutes for them to arrive.When they finally did,the robbers were long gone.I gave them the description and they told me that they would look for them but they probably would not find them.That is what is pathetic.
Common Sense

Newmanstown, PA

#29 Jun 29, 2010
no worries wrote:
<quoted text>Name one time an officer helped you.I will tell you about the one time they "helped" me.I was at a convenience store pumping gas and these 2 guys approached me,punched me in the face and took my wallet.The clerk called the police and i stood there bleeding waiting 45 minutes for them to arrive.When they finally did,the robbers were long gone.I gave them the description and they told me that they would look for them but they probably would not find them.That is what is pathetic.
If you don't like response times then call your ELECTED Politicians and demand more cops! Problem w/ people like you is you complain about everything. You're not happy if cops arent omnipresent but then you refuse to pay more taxes to put more police on the streets. You want cops to rush to YOUR "Emergency" but then if you're not involved, you quesion why Police were driving so fast. Law enforcement protection does not guarentee you safety. You must learn to defend and protect yourself. If you can't (or won't) do that then hire a cop to act as your body guard. Guarenteed security costs money pal.

Let's then address the description of the Bad-guys you gave to Police to work with. When you tell them "....uh...2 guys hit me...uh...they were wearing...uh...black shirts....uh....I didnt see their faces....uh...." then don't expect them to catch the guys. Cops are not superheroes. They can only work w/ what you provide them. And yes, believe it or not, some crimes go unsolved. The only things that's 100% is death.

How about your sh*ty attitude?! Be a little more appreciative cops are even trying! Without them, who else would you call for justice? Your dope smokin, loser friends? You neighbors who already thinks you're a d*ck? Your girlfriend?...since she's the braver of you two anyway?

Good luck w/ those choices!
no worries

York, PA

#30 Jun 29, 2010
After that incident,I don't really expect too much from the police and I am sure as heck convinced that they are not looking out for anybodies best intrest.I don't care if my taxes go toward hiring new officers to make people think they are safer.I just don't expect to foot the bill for a police cruiser that was wrecked under a reckless driving situation or to pay the drivers medical bills.
Josh

York, PA

#31 Jun 29, 2010
no worries,

Maybe you should learn to defend yourself and not be such a victim. Two guys approached you at a gas pump and you just stood there? You probably didn't even say a word to them did you? Did the gas station have cameras? How do you expect the police to find someone after that have already left the area? How about this, I'll meet you at Turkey Hill at cross keys. When you get there, I will give you a very details description of someone that left 5 minutes before you arrived, and you try to find them, ok? We'll see how that works out.

Or maybe, you could be responsible for your own self, and not rely on the Government to protect you? Lets give that a try?
Common Sense

Newmanstown, PA

#32 Jun 29, 2010
Josh wrote:
no worries,
I'll meet you at Turkey Hill at cross keys. When you get there, I will give you a very details description of someone that left 5 minutes before you arrived, and you try to find them, ok? We'll see how that works out.
Great argueing point Josh! However, don't expect an answer from No Worries. See, No Worries doesnt actually have solutions...only complaints. I'd like for Mr. No Worries to give us his outline on how Police screwed up the robbery he described or the evidence to suggest they didn't care or want to catch his Perp(s).

To some people, the Police will always be wrong. If they drive like Andy Griffith, obeying all traffic devices and never taking caluclated risks against the safety of the public and the Bad-guy gets away, then Police are chastized as being lazy, afraid and not caring enough to do their jobs. But if instead the Police do the opposite and get the job done within reason but still tragedy occurs during that process, the Police are raked over the coals and scrutinzed as being reckless murderers worthy of criminal indictment. It's a lose - lose. Why anyone would ever want to put on that uniform and serve these ungrateful people, I'll never understand.

Oh that's right, I forgot, Cops do it because they're honorable and righteous people who care about the weak and fight against the predators who roam amongst us.
Wild Turkey

Ephrata, PA

#33 Jun 29, 2010
"rehab"...better before or after an accident?
no worries

York, PA

#34 Jun 29, 2010
Josh wrote:
no worries,
Maybe you should learn to defend yourself and not be such a victim. Two guys approached you at a gas pump and you just stood there? You probably didn't even say a word to them did you? Did the gas station have cameras? How do you expect the police to find someone after that have already left the area? How about this, I'll meet you at Turkey Hill at cross keys. When you get there, I will give you a very details description of someone that left 5 minutes before you arrived, and you try to find them, ok? We'll see how that works out.
Or maybe, you could be responsible for your own self, and not rely on the Government to protect you? Lets give that a try?
Of course I tried to defend myself,I punched the guy back but the other one grabbed me from behind and put me into a bear hug with my arms beside my side.I was struggling to break free the whole time but the other one grabbed my wallet and hit me again then they ran.I didn't really expect them to catch the assailants because of the response time.I was not in any way relying on the government to protect me,I would have liked it if they at least lied to me and told me that they would look out for them.
no worries

York, PA

#35 Jun 29, 2010
@common sense
I do have a solution,rethink the pursuit rules.Do you really want to have crazy car chases while there are innocent victims on the road?There is no place for it here.How would you have felt if instead of a tractor trailer,he would have hit you or one of your loved ones sitting at a red light and killed them?Is it really worth the risk running a red light pedal to the metal?One of these days an innocent victim will die because of this and the person running from them will bear the whole blame with you people but the police officer is just as much to blame if they instigate a pursuit.I know you will try to argue that the person running might have stolen the car,kidnapped somebody or whatever but if the cop is a smart cop,he will investigate and find the person running eventually by interviewing witnesses and doing old fashioned police work.I am just glad that I had to stop for gas that night or else I might have been in that intersection when this was going on.I do not really think that it is fair for the working citizens to pick up the tab for a demolished cruiser that was involved in a reckless driving accident.
Oh Brother

New Freedom, PA

#36 Jun 29, 2010
no worries wrote:
How would you have felt if instead of a tractor trailer,he would have hit you or one of your loved ones sitting at a red light and killed them?Is it really worth the risk running a red light pedal to the metal?
Exactly, this guy doesn't deserve sympathy, he deserves to lose his job and benefits. Make him personally pay for the damage to the publicly owned police car and to the tractor trailer.

A similar thing happened in Balitmore city, cop ran a red light supposedly responding to a call but he never called anything in, t-boned someone and killed them. The guy he killed was another cop from his own station on his way to work!
Oh Brother

New Freedom, PA

#37 Jun 29, 2010
Hugh Jass

Ephrata, PA

#38 Jun 30, 2010
Wild Turkey wrote:
"rehab"...better before or after an accident?
Probably would have been better 'before'
Common Sense

Newmanstown, PA

#39 Jun 30, 2010
no worries wrote:
@common sense
I do have a solution,rethink the pursuit rules.Do you really want to have crazy car chases while there are innocent victims on the road?There is no place for it here.How would you have felt if instead of a tractor trailer,he would have hit you or one of your loved ones sitting at a red light and killed them?Is it really worth the risk running a red light pedal to the metal?One of these days an innocent victim will die because of this and the person running from them will bear the whole blame with you people but the police officer is just as much to blame if they instigate a pursuit.I know you will try to argue that the person running might have stolen the car,kidnapped somebody or whatever but if the cop is a smart cop,he will investigate and find the person running eventually by interviewing witnesses and doing old fashioned police work.I am just glad that I had to stop for gas that night or else I might have been in that intersection when this was going on.I do not really think that it is fair for the working citizens to pick up the tab for a demolished cruiser that was involved in a reckless driving accident.
I'll preface this by stating, this will be my last Post for you. I can't waste another second trying to argue with an idiot. You and I will just have to agree to disagree. Now, let me address a few things you said. The "pursuit rules" as you call them are not the problem. One of the Rules state that vehilce pursuits within city limits are inherently too high risk to even begin. Well that's setting a great precedent. If you are a criminal and live within the City, just don't pull over! They'll go away pretty quickly. But I'll leave it up to you to tell the owner of that Dodge Van just stolen that the only form of transportation he and his family had to get to and from work just vanished. I cant see you now...."See sir..we had the van...but he just didnt pull over. So we said, FU*K IT and left!" Maybe he won't be too upset (sarcasm)

You stated...."the police are JUST AS MUCH to blame" as the Pursued if the police "INSTIGATE" it!? Let's be clear. Police don't "instigate" anything except for peaceful surrender. They might "initiate" a vehicle pursuit but instigate is the wrong verb to use.

I think the answer is for you to pull you head away from CSI Miami and go volunteer as Auxillary. Maybe then you'd get just a glance of what a dose of reality is like. What Witnesses were you referring to for interviewes? Just where are all of these people begging to be interviewed or willing to come forward and testify in court, on their own time mind you, against their criminal neighbors whom they have to live around day-in and day-out? Maybe cops just overlooked them cause they're lazy, right? Or maybe at 3 am its easier to find a mole on a gooses' ass then it is to find a cooperating witness to anything. "Good ol fashioned police work" huh? Local PD's are swamped with investigations and still hold pretty high clearance rates...atleast above national averages.

Im sure you've heard it before but I'll say it again...If you think you can do a better job than the men and women of law enforcement currently do....then put your money where you mouth is and go join. If you can't or won't do that then STFU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Former Bermudian Springs teacher arrest... Oct 17 Sara F 2
dover halloween parade 2014, sunday oct 5 at 3 pm! Oct 13 Halloweenie 2
Dover schools' child abuse policy raises questions Sep '14 divergebt 1
Estate Sale (Mar '06) Sep '14 Cindy 3
York County man headed to prison for role in ma... Jul '14 lady 1
Who do you support for State House in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Jun '14 CaCat 9
Take Dad soaring over York County for Father's Day (Jun '11) Apr '12 Sam 2
Thomasville Dating
Find my Match

Thomasville Jobs