Increased parking fines unpopular in ...

Increased parking fines unpopular in York

There are 54 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Increased parking fines unpopular in York. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Thomasville resident Stephen Barron and his brother circled the York County Judicial Center at least half a dozen times looking for a parking space Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bill

York, PA

#41 Mar 24, 2010
anonymoose wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, why should they pay some? B/C they do use city services. Every time a county worker at the Judicial center burns their popcorn the FD responds. When there is a automatic fire alarm FD dispatch on the 2000 block of W. Market St (outside of the city) at least one piece of city FD apparatus responds. B/C the added traffic of county workers stresses the roads in the city which must be maintained. The list can go on and on. Plus no municipality outside of the city has the concentration of govt. and nonprofit buildings which require city services yet provide little or no budgetary revenue to the city.
Anonymoose that is why the people that work in the city pay the $52.00 emergency service/occupational privilege tax is suppose to before to cover emergency services and road repair.
As for when the city response to help other townships they send them a bill they always have for that.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#42 Mar 24, 2010
anonymoose wrote:
<quoted text>
But sprawl is not free.
Sprawl is going to happen regardless. Please look up Shrewsbury in the directory. Besides, not that Northgate is a great example, but that's been there since before the Codorus was polluted.
AND, if there was free parking downtown, you wouldn't have people going somewhere else as often. Perhaps, just perhaps, there would be a store downtown that didn't specialize in sneakers and team logo outfits and would have something folks with money would actually want to purchase.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#43 Mar 24, 2010
anonymoose wrote:
<quoted text>
But sprawl is not free.
Another solution to curtailing sprawl is to curtail spawning.
nosferatu

Reinholds, PA

#44 Mar 24, 2010
suburban guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Says quite a bit about you, doesn't it?
And by "quite a bit" I mean it shows you to be elitist, prideful and insecure.
I for one am glad you've not been stinking up the market lately.
And they prefer not to be used for target practice.
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#45 Mar 24, 2010
York City Resident wrote:
Have to sympathize with the folks tagged by street sweeping tickets.
The city did a really poor job this year communicating the beginning of the street sweeping season. I don't think an announcement was even posted on the city website until this past weekend. At least, I didn't see it up as late as a week or two ago.
Given all the snow clogging the gutters through February, an
announcement as soon the snow cleared would been in order.
Ticket and Tow had to go. The increased fine for forgetting is a better option. Not sure about the other parking fines, though. They seem excessive to me.
I keep track of things going on at www.yorkcity.org . At first street sweeping was to begin on March 15. Then they said it will begin Tuesday March 22. Which if you look at the calendar March 22 falls on a Monday. It is a crock that the city don't give you any warning they are changing the fines. There should be at least a week. I just checked York city's website and the parking fine have not changed. It would be nice to fight a ticket in court but most of the DJ are former cops and believe all the liar cops.
Union Street Sweeper

York, PA

#46 Mar 24, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep track of things going on at www.yorkcity.org . At first street sweeping was to begin on March 15. Then they said it will begin Tuesday March 22. Which if you look at the calendar March 22 falls on a Monday. It is a crock that the city don't give you any warning they are changing the fines. There should be at least a week. I just checked York city's website and the parking fine have not changed. It would be nice to fight a ticket in court but most of the DJ are former cops and believe all the liar cops.
As per usual, couldn't you have worked something into the above tirade concerning UNIONS. You disappoint me on this post.
YORK IS NEW YORK

York, PA

#47 Mar 24, 2010
nosferatu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sprawl is going to happen regardless. Please look up Shrewsbury in the directory. Besides, not that Northgate is a great example, but that's been there since before the Codorus was polluted.
AND, if there was free parking downtown, you wouldn't have people going somewhere else as often. Perhaps, just perhaps, there would be a store downtown that didn't specialize in sneakers and team logo outfits and would have something folks with money would actually want to purchase.
THE CITY HAS NOT ALOT, OTHER THAN CORNER STORES AND IT LOOKS LIKE CHINA, KOREAN & INDIAN FOLKS, THEY ARE TAKIN OVER! AS WE ALL KNOW, SAV-A-LOT DECIDED TO SAVE THEMSELVES ALOT, THE MOVED "OUT" OF THE CITY, SO THE COCKY ASSHOLES COULD STEAL, MAKE ASSES OUT OF THEMSELVES, AND ATTEMPT TO "steal" FROM THE LIL GUYS! NOW LETS FACE IT, SAV-A-LOT HAS A REAL NICE STORE NOW THAT THEY RELOCATED! PEOPLE ACTUALLY ACT CIVILIZED! thank god! SO TIRED OF THE SAD ASSED, LOUD MOUTHED, IGNORANT FOOLS!
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#48 Mar 25, 2010
Union Street Sweeper wrote:
<quoted text>
As per usual, couldn't you have worked something into the above tirade concerning UNIONS. You disappoint me on this post.
Is it just me or are there a bunch of inbred morons in Moscow Pa? It's true that because the labor unions the meter maids get to drive in the vehicles they now have. Bring back the motorcycle like vehicles the meter maids used to drive around.
jess

York, PA

#49 Mar 28, 2010
street sweeping runs march through november.
Amanda

Lemoyne, PA

#50 Apr 4, 2010
This article was a nice find. I agree with the lack of communication from the city. I've lived in the city for three years now and didn't know that street cleaning only runs for a certain part of the year. I've been moving my car for street cleaning day all winter, with the holiday coming and the new month starting at the end of the week I forgot to move my car for the first time...and got a $50 ticket. I almost had a heart attack. That is insanely high for someone who has never gotten a ticket before. I'm very unhappy with the way York City is handling this entire situation, can't wait to move and this just added a notch in that post!
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#51 Apr 4, 2010
Amanda wrote:
This article was a nice find. I agree with the lack of communication from the city. I've lived in the city for three years now and didn't know that street cleaning only runs for a certain part of the year. I've been moving my car for street cleaning day all winter, with the holiday coming and the new month starting at the end of the week I forgot to move my car for the first time...and got a $50 ticket. I almost had a heart attack. That is insanely high for someone who has never gotten a ticket before. I'm very unhappy with the way York City is handling this entire situation, can't wait to move and this just added a notch in that post!
Get this. This will make you happy. I just checked www.yorkcity.org The home page just tells you that street sweeping begins Tuesday March 23. It says nothing about a parking ticket increase. If you go to the left side of the website click on parking in york. Scroll down and you will be mad. Most of the fines listed are STILL $25. I checked this April 4, 2010 9:58 am. There has to be some sort of law that the city has to make sure their OFFICIAL website is correct.
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#52 Apr 4, 2010
I just check www.yorkcity.org as of April 4, 2010 9:58 am and the parking fines according to the OFFICIAL website is STILL $25 for most violations. I think they get away with it because of the labor unions. A union worker does something wrong they don't get charged. I feel all cops and meter maid that wrote a $50 ticket up should be charged with unsworm falseacation.
I can hardly wait

Westminster, MD

#53 Apr 6, 2010
We're going to the beach for our falseacation this summer - I can't wait!
George

Marshall, VA

#54 Apr 6, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
I just check www.yorkcity.org as of April 4, 2010 9:58 am and the parking fines according to the OFFICIAL website is STILL $25 for most violations. I think they get away with it because of the labor unions. A union worker does something wrong they don't get charged. I feel all cops and meter maid that wrote a $50 ticket up should be charged with unsworm falseacation.
What does this have anything at all to do with unions?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love me anti aging cream reviews (Oct '16) Dec '17 Claire 3
Kevin Bell (Sep '16) Dec '17 Justice for Nikki 5
Video dover, York pa I remember when...by model... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Modeljoanie 1
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location (Jul '17) Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News To march or not? Some women are staying away be... (Jan '17) Jun '17 TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP 2
News evolution wars that culminated (Jun '17) Jun '17 Nemesis 1
Is Testerone XL good for building muscle? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Nerie 1

Thomasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomasville Mortgages