Trick-or-Treating Schedules

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 63
With Halloween falling on Sunday this year, many are wondering if cities and towns will hold trick-or-treating on a different night. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Randleman resident

Greensboro, NC

#1 Oct 8, 2010
To Randleman City...how about let's set a date. I really don't like the idea of kids knocking on my door just any day that they please for Halloween. I have a small child and think that, just out of respect for ALL Randleman residents, there should be a day designated!
Penny

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2010
what about Mebane? is that considered Burlington?
Sasssy one

Greensboro, NC

#3 Oct 8, 2010
We never had this issue when I was young....Halloween is October 31st, end of story. It is more fun for the kids if it is a school night, you hurry to get your homework done and then go out trick or treating and you even get to stay up late to stare at your candy. Why does everthing have to get so stinking political all the time? Where is my buddy tiredofliberals to back me up on this?
Angelus1967

Clemmons, NC

#4 Oct 8, 2010
How about they just have it on Sunday? That is, after all, Halloween day. Why should they move the Festival of Samhain's celebration just because it falls on a Sunday? It's not like Sunday's are special to everyone. If you move it to Friday or Saturday night then you'll infringe on other's religious day.
Just leave it on Sunday and realize that, no matter how it began, Halloween is for the kids now. And for some adults who like to act like kids once a year of course! 8')
misfit

AOL

#5 Oct 8, 2010
The date is set.10/31/10 if you dont like it dont do it.Its been on that date long as i can remember.Let the kids have the fun they would like to have without the gov getting involved.gezzzzzz
z-force

Greensboro, NC

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Thanks Fox 8...quite helpful info!!
Samantha

Julian, NC

#7 Oct 8, 2010
Halloween has always been October 31st, why in the world would we change it now. It's a fun holiday for those of us who want to acknowledge it and no that doesn't mean we worship satan. I happen to be a Christian and I love the holiday so much I work at a haunted house to earn my christmas shopping money every year. If you don't agree with it then don't celebrate but let the rest of us have our fun. We aren't hurting anyone or forcing anyone to celebrate with us.
Jeffery

Clemmons, NC

#8 Oct 9, 2010
When Halloween falls on a Sunday, trick or treating is done on Saterday night. If you don't be;eive me, just ask your Grandparents! My light will be on Saterday, if you come on Sunday the light's will be out! Rule of thumb is if the light is out then keep on moving!

grand
Rachel

Thomasville, NC

#9 Oct 9, 2010
I think personally it should be done on OCT 30TH for religous reasons. Halloween has always been on Saturday (trick or treating) part for 25yrs I know of. You don't go on a Sunday no matter what!
janice

Greensboro, NC

#10 Oct 9, 2010
people we need it on satday nite so the kids can have more fun so lets all be on bord satday nite/i live in brown summit so i know the older kids would like to stay out little later so dont be a mad lets all have fun on sayday nite
Rachel

Thomasville, NC

#11 Oct 9, 2010
Randleman resident wrote:
To Randleman City...how about let's set a date. I really don't like the idea of kids knocking on my door just any day that they please for Halloween. I have a small child and think that, just out of respect for ALL Randleman residents, there should be a day designated!
.

Yes it should be on Saturday night like it has always been it is the weekend and and Sunday is the Sabbath Day and youshould keep it HOLY!
Kira

Perrysburg, OH

#12 Oct 10, 2010
I'm a 17 and i know my 10 year old little sister wants to go on Saturday. I can understand that i always liked when Halloween was on Fridays and Saturdays because i could have a sleepover with my friends after. I just think it's a lot more fun. And if some people like it for religious reasons I'm fine with that.
randlemanman

Greensboro, NC

#13 Oct 10, 2010
some people just need to learn how to spell ,go bad to school instead of going trick or treating.
Angelus1967

Clemmons, NC

#14 Oct 12, 2010
Rachel wrote:
I think personally it should be done on OCT 30TH for religous reasons. Halloween has always been on Saturday (trick or treating) part for 25yrs I know of. You don't go on a Sunday no matter what!
For 'religious reasons'? That's never been part of any religion I know. In fact where I grew up Halloween was on October 31st, no matter WHAT day of the week that was. Moving it because the day is a Sunday this year is just absurd pandering.
Angelus1967

Clemmons, NC

#15 Oct 12, 2010
janice wrote:
people we need it on satday nite so the kids can have more fun so lets all be on bord satday nite/i live in brown summit so i know the older kids would like to stay out little later so dont be a mad lets all have fun on sayday nite
when the hell is "satday nite"? Just curious...
Suzy

Trinity, NC

#16 Oct 13, 2010
Hope they all change it to Saturday.
seriously

Burlington, NC

#17 Oct 14, 2010
so when I was growing up you celebrated Halloween on the 31st! NC is the only place I have ever lived that changes the day of trick-or-treating. I mean really what is up with that stupidity?
Parent

High Point, NC

#18 Oct 14, 2010
seriously wrote:
so when I was growing up you celebrated Halloween on the 31st! NC is the only place I have ever lived that changes the day of trick-or-treating. I mean really what is up with that stupidity?
Nc is not the only place who changes it in Pa they always change it I agree it should be on the 31st but get your facts right before you say something.
seriously

Burlington, NC

#19 Oct 14, 2010
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Nc is not the only place who changes it in Pa they always change it I agree it should be on the 31st but get your facts right before you say something.
read the entire post ding bat I said the only place I have ever lived in. I have never lived in PA.
KID

Greensboro, NC

#20 Oct 14, 2010
Halloween is October 31, always has been since I've been around. I'm sorry if it disturbs evening service but it happens to fall on Sunday this year. The holiday has nothing to with religion other than it was/still is considered to be a Pagen holiday. I will be passing out my treat bags on Sunday and I assure you if you pass out the good stuff the kids know when to come! This should not even be a topic, It's like saying Christmas has to be on Sunday because it is a religious holiday. Just plain silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina Wed Nana 297
Head Branch Champion Wed Xxx 4
Elizabeth White Wed Need2know 19
High Point Sex Dec 19 SubRookie 1
Meet up quickie? Dec 19 beyondfedup 8
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Dec 19 feeling lost in t... 331
Who likes SEX? Dec 18 The 10 inch 1
Thomasville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Thomasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Thomasville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Thomasville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:12 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:12AM
Redskins' RG3 limited with sprained shoulder
NBC Sports12:22 PM
Gano eager for another chance vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:32 PM
Previewing Redskins vs. Cowboys
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Redskins' Game Plan vs. Cowboys
NBC Sports 4:53 AM
Panthers coach and family replaced gifts for break-in victims