Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16370 Jul 23, 2012
Have to say this.The only thing in life I really love is mowing grass with a push mower.How odd is that.The hotter the better.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#16371 Jul 23, 2012
I'm no quitter, so tomorrow will be trim work with the push mower and weedeater thing. My husband suggested gloves. I thanked him after the fact as that little nugget of information may have saved my fingers. He also told me not to use the push mower wearing flip flops. I believe it's suppose to be hotter tomorrow than today and the humidity will probably be horrible. So, if hotter makes it better, then I'm game.

Location hidden

#16372 Jul 23, 2012
I don't use flip flops to mow.I mow barefooted.Gotta keep an eye out for the snakes though.Lotta cottonmouths down here by the TRINITY River.The big old spiders I just step on.

Location hidden

#16374 Jul 23, 2012
My husband told me to wear tennis shoes because it would be easier to find my foot after I somehow managed to cut it off with the push mower since I was determined to finish my mowing. Spiders don't scare me, but I HATE snakes. A snake could kill my determination to finish mowing quick, fast and in a hurry.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16375 Jul 23, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We have been down the road of your claim of being gay a right not in the constitution. And I suppose you forgot you admitted the constitution does not need specify what each individual right a person is free to have. So I am not sure why you are asking this silly question again. Does the constitution say you have a right to be racist? No, but you do have that right. See how this works?
Minorities have rights. You know, like having the right to be gay. Being gay makes one a minority of sorts. One has the right in America to be a minority.
Any way you look at it, you have zero ground to stand on for your claim. You have shown zero evidence for your claim. A question is not evidence. You got zip, nada, nothing.
It is your opinion that being gay makes them a minority. It is my opinion, that being gay, is by choice and not some sort of genetic misfire or simply because it is ok. Again, going back to the evolutionary ladder, as humans being at the top of it, that means we are supposed to know better instead of just dismissing it as a random act of love. But I am no scientist and not an expert on anthropology. I am just a voter, who exercised his privledge to cast a vote against legalized same sex marriage in the state of North Carolinians. It just so happens, a majority of those North Carolinians agree. Deal with it Mike. If I need to repost the 10 additional points, be more than happy too.

And as usual, your opinion is of no substance.

Location hidden

#16376 Jul 23, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
so its not a right for homosexuals to have a marriage through the state.
But it is a right for states to govern that choice.
but it is a right for christian or religious marriages to have the same incentives as state ordained marriages.
justify that piece of christian horseshit to me, because my God doesnt care who gets incentives with their marriage...nor do i not think he would really care who gets married...him being the supreme intellect here and foreseeing the alternate paths man can take, nor does he even care about man made things such as state ordained marriages.
"quit with the little life lessons you piece of shit.
i got fucking adopted by my best friends parents and they got legal guardianship because i did not want to get emancipated cock boy, and ive been working even before i moved there.
QUIT FUCKING PATRONIZING ME.
and stop acting even less than my age.
i didnt come here for pity, as many others do, i came here to have a debate about political issues.
but little children like you fuck everything up because you cant type one sentence without looking down or attacking someone with an opposing view."

I haven't even begun to patronize you yet kid. Secondly, if you are not on my team, you are the enemy. I think I have been quite clear on it. I do not expect democrats to adopt republican ideals and vise versa. While we are all Americans, majority rules. Mike even alluded to that fact in an earlier post. You don't have to like it, just have to deal with it. So deal with it kid.

I think the fact that you alledge you were adopted says more than I need to know about you. Didn't like your mom and dads views either or you just choose to not conform to the rules of soceity?

Location hidden

#16377 Jul 23, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course a racist cannot understand why hate crimes are looked at differently than other violent crimes.
Again you show zero reason for your claim.
And physically harming someone is not always a crime. Self defense is not always a crime.
Domestic violence is also treated differently than other violence. If you hit your wife and it is determined by the police, you go to jail, no matter if she presses charges or not.No if, and's or buts.
Get in a bar fight and this is not the case.
Hit someone just because they are a minority and you can be charged with a hate crime, because you are determined to be a danger to society in a gross way because you clearly hate people due to their origin, color or choice of sex in a mate. Your hateful racist ways are being punished.
You see, there are varying degrees of motive. Motive can matter in a crime/punishment situation.
This is why they have first, second and third degree murder charges.
Hit a cop and get more punishment.
Where did you get your Juris Doctorial?

Take a look at a case that is pending in the city of Raleigh where a bar manager, who was white, forcibly removed a guy who was trying to gain entry into the premise illegally, and now alledges it is a hate crime, because the guy who was trying to gain entry illegally, was black.

Guy just doing his job and the mutt is trying to make it something it is not. Typical democrat tactics. Show me where it says in the constitution we all have to get along or be friends.

Location hidden

#16378 Jul 23, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That does not address my question one single bit. Again, I did not ask why you hate gay people and wish to keep rights and privileges from them.
Again, I ask, and please read this carefully. Show your reasons and or evidence of your claim that being gay is not an American right?
I am not asking, why you think it should not be a right. I am asking why you think it is not an American right? You have yet to address this question.
I see why you think I am beating a dead horse. You think I am asking something I am not. I am asking something you have yet to answer.
I will answer your question when can actually show the free world where it is in the Constitution that being gay is a right, freedom, liberty or privledge, and not a choice.

If you want to nit pick, or try to spin it, or prove you are the smartest kid with down syndrome, have a ball.

I will answer your question when can actually show the free world where it is in the Constitution that being gay is a right, freedom, liberty or privledge, and not a choice.

If you want to nit pick, or try to spin it, or prove you are the smartest kid with down syndrome, have a ball.

Location hidden

#16379 Jul 23, 2012
As I get closer to the end of my life I have found that simple pleasures are the things I look forward to the most.Funny how much faster the days pass now.I recall first grade as if it were yesterday.I'm going to work on my lawnmower tomorrow.Looking forward to it.I'll try to avoid the reptiles.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#16381 Jul 24, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You admitted on this forum that each act of freedom need not be addressed in the constitution. So are you reniging on that admission? You have no argument so you invent this idea it must be in the constitution specifically? Again, it does not say in the constitution one can be racist, yet you are. So how do you square that? You keep avoiding these reasons I give and refuse to answer the questions.
Again, it does not matter if homosexuality is a choice or not. Citizens have the right to be homosexual. You cannot show they are not within their rights to be what they are.
You made the claim they have no right to be gay, so the onus of proof is upon you.

Our government is not telling any gay people they cannot be gay. Thus it stands to reason the government respects their right to be gay.

Your superstitious beliefs are not our law. They do no not determine rights. America is a secular nation, not a theocracy. This is not Iran. We do not follow Sharia law or the laws of your god. Note the ten commandments are not law except for the obvious killing and stealing ones. The other eight are your freedom to chose to do or not.
Superstitions have no evidence. Thus they do not make for good reason when making law. Many of them are not even logical.
keep your religious superstitions personal. Demanding they be law makes us no better than the theocracies we fought to separate ourselves from.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#16382 Jul 24, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your Juris Doctorial?
Take a look at a case that is pending in the city of Raleigh where a bar manager, who was white, forcibly removed a guy who was trying to gain entry into the premise illegally, and now alledges it is a hate crime, because the guy who was trying to gain entry illegally, was black.
Guy just doing his job and the mutt is trying to make it something it is not. Typical democrat tactics. Show me where it says in the constitution we all have to get along or be friends.
And what does this prove? You did not make a claim of what this case showed? Just because the hate crime happened in a bar, does not change what I have said.
And just because there has been a accusation, does not mean the bouncer or bar is guilty.
But I do know many bars are racist. I know many bouncers do not handle themselves correctly. The two lead to many law suits.
But until the case is settled, it is just an accusation. Until then, we cannot even be sure a law has been violated. One is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I know if someone is asked to leave, and they refuse,they are at that moment, trespassing, thus reasonable force can be used to remove them.

And prejudging the case, as you are, shows prejudice. This can be the case also of the accuser. He may be prejudging the bar managers motive.

Two wrongs do not make right.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#16383 Jul 24, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should change your slogan of 'ask a question, get an answer' to,'ask a question, get an answer only if you can prove some unreasonable demand.

And I answered your question. You refuse to address my answer.

Location hidden

#16384 Jul 24, 2012
Silver I sure don't think ya gotta worry too much about me being your friend.I have no problem with being against everything you stand for.Definitely am your enemy.But I'm smart enough to know that sometimes enemies don't stay on their own side of the street. Probably be a good thing if we never met.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#16385 Jul 24, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated that the budget was the main function of government.
You are correct, its not a "function".
It is the law!
The president is to submit a budget as early as the first Monday in January but no later than the first Monday in February.
Article 1 of the US Constitution requires congress to pass a federal budget.
I don't care who is at blame.... democrats, republicans or if its the janitors fault.
An annual budget should be passed!
http://democrats.rules.house.gov/archives/bud...
I see this post cites the constitution. You wrote the presidential requirement in the sentence before this as if the constitution is where this law is. But I can see after your new claims that they may not necessarily be related.

Either way, you do claim the requirement of congress is in the constitution, and it is not.

Location hidden

#16386 Jul 24, 2012
Mike, as you said to me the other day, you would argue with a stop sign or something like that and I see you're no different. You're not going to change Silver's mind about gay marriage. You can call him a bigot, Nazi, a racist etc, it's not going to change his mind. He's not going to be shamed by name calling and it's obvious his skin is pretty thick. It doesn't matter if you think it's constitutional for gays to marry and gays are being denied this right, the fact remains it didn't pass in the state of North Carolina. Instead of arguing with someone who clearly your arguments are falling on deaf ears, get off Topix, go out into your community and work to put people in office that agree with you. Gays having the right to marry is not a federal law as is the civil rights act or even Roe vs Wade. As long as it remains on a state level, and it is, and has been voted down in 31 states, nothing will change. Why do you keep on and on trying to change his mind, he's not going to change? Why do you keep making the argument to Silver, he didn't make the laws on how gay marry would be handled, he cast his vote and it wasn't the same as your's. Someone told me the other week to move to Syria. I'll use that suggestion but not as extreme, if a gay couple really wants to get married, move to a state where it's allowed and they can get on with their life as a married couple.

Location hidden

#16387 Jul 24, 2012
Mike as I said the other day.Leave off talking to silver.Waste of time.Its your time though.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#16388 Jul 24, 2012
Biology 101
Silver, you are correct in that there is no "gay" gene. However, there are fully reproductively functional females who are genetically male and there are reproductively fully functional males who are genetically female. These individuals in humans (and animals) are called hermaphrodites. Often, the individual hermaphrodite male, even though physically indistinguishable from normal males, will be smaller, and have some feminine appearances. Likewise the hermaphrodite female, although physically indistinguishable from normal females, will often , but not always ,have some masculine appearances. I have seen no studies about the tendency or lack thereof for genetic hermaphrodites to be attracted to the opposite sex. Curiously, there are also genetically so called "super males" who have double male genes and "super females" who have double female genes. In these individuals, the respective sexual characteristics are exaggerated. I have read articles indicating that these individuals often have exaggerated interest in the opposite sex.

Politics 101:
I am personally and religiously opposed to gay marriage.
I voted AGAINST Amendment 1 because codifying religion into secular law is a threat to religious freedom .
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your opinion that being gay makes them a minority. It is my opinion, that being gay, is by choice and not some sort of genetic misfire or simply because it is ok. Again, going back to the evolutionary ladder, as humans being at the top of it, that means we are supposed to know better instead of just dismissing it as a random act of love. But I am no scientist and not an expert on anthropology. I am just a voter, who exercised his privledge to cast a vote against legalized same sex marriage in the state of North Carolinians. It just so happens, a majority of those North Carolinians agree. Deal with it Mike. If I need to repost the 10 additional points, be more than happy too.
And as usual, your opinion is of no substance.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#16389 Jul 24, 2012
If you are not with me, your the enemy.
where have i heard that before?

no, silver..it is not "majority rules". we are not rome.
The idea behind the different parties is that there is a healthy amount of competition between different sets of ideals.
That way we dont have a monarchy or your much preferred dictatorship.
So, drawing from all your threads of hate and bigotry, i believe you to be against everything America stands for.
This kind of division makes countries collapse.
You know, like in real life in the world.

Conservatives, "we take gov out of peoples lives" (passes referendums ending civil unions and domestic partnerships)
o ya, that makes sense in your world.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#16390 Jul 24, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
Mike, as you said to me the other day, you would argue with a stop sign or something like that and I see you're no different. You're not going to change Silver's mind about gay marriage. You can call him a bigot, Nazi, a racist etc, it's not going to change his mind. He's not going to be shamed by name calling and it's obvious his skin is pretty thick. It doesn't matter if you think it's constitutional for gays to marry and gays are being denied this right, the fact remains it didn't pass in the state of North Carolina. Instead of arguing with someone who clearly your arguments are falling on deaf ears, get off Topix, go out into your community and work to put people in office that agree with you. Gays having the right to marry is not a federal law as is the civil rights act or even Roe vs Wade. As long as it remains on a state level, and it is, and has been voted down in 31 states, nothing will change. Why do you keep on and on trying to change his mind, he's not going to change? Why do you keep making the argument to Silver, he didn't make the laws on how gay marry would be handled, he cast his vote and it wasn't the same as your's. Someone told me the other week to move to Syria. I'll use that suggestion but not as extreme, if a gay couple really wants to get married, move to a state where it's allowed and they can get on with their life as a married couple.
First, you are comparing ones rights to a stop sign. Now I see why you argue about stop signs so much. You cannot tell the difference between an important issue from a stop sign.
Second, who says I am trying to change Silver's mind on gay marriage? It would be a huge leap just to stop him from hating gays, much less allowing them to have civil rights.
My motives as of the very moment are geared towards understanding why he thinks what he does. He has not answered why he thinks being gay is not a right in America. He answered with a question. He asked why it is not in the constitution. But is that his reason? I cannot say, as he has not said.

Third, as I already told you, you have no idea what else I do for gay rights. So why do you assume I do nothing? You only know what I write here. You have no idea what I am doing while I am not writing. In fact,you do not really know what else I do while I write. So stop assuming because as they say, it only makes an ass out of you.

Did you see Chick Filet says now they will no longer make statements like they did on gay marriage? They lost a chance to have a store on campus in Boston due to their hateful words. I am boycotting them. I have friends that due to my influence are also boycotting them. And this is not easy, as their food is awesome.

I await a full retraction, but I am sure it will not come. Clearly they do not want my business. I am sure Silver will now go there more often.

I am sure many racists told black people fighting for civil rights the same thing you just suggested. Move.

I guess you do not understand how America works. If one feels it is a right, they fight for it, not run away.

You are no different than the racists of the civil rights era. You are a black mark on the progress of our society. I have no doubt history will judge you as immoral for your stance.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#16391 Jul 24, 2012
I wonder what happened to 'the truth'. My guess is his big mouth got him in some trouble. I sure do not miss him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rev.Williams (Aug '13) 9 hr empress 27
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) Wed Steven Spencer 8,831
News Second Man Dies After Wreck in High Point (Aug '10) Tue Daisy 60
Pastor Ronald Diggs (Feb '10) Nov 19 Devonish1 51
Wayne Porter Nov 18 Fried green tomat... 2
Christine Downard, the backpage girl with no t... (Oct '16) Nov 10 toughgirl20 3
Thomasville Music Thread (Feb '15) Nov 6 Musikologist 6

Thomasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomasville Mortgages