Industrial park receives $500K grant

Industrial park receives $500K grant

There are 1 comment on the Thomasville Times Enterprise story from Dec 18, 2010, titled Industrial park receives $500K grant. In it, Thomasville Times Enterprise reports that:

As far as the Thomasville Payroll Development chairman is concerned, work on the new U.S. 319 North industrial park could begin yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thomasville Times Enterprise.

Thomasville Resident

Ambrose, GA

#1 Dec 20, 2010
The whole project sounds very interesting and has since it was forst proposed. In light of the somewhat "crappy" economy in Georgia and the rest of the nation; coupled with the much less than stellar performance of the local Payroll Development Authority and Chamber of Commerce in actually developing jobs and attracting industry, my question is which of the County Commissioners or City Council Members is going to benefit financially from this action. I don't see any other reason at this point in time to be wasting tax payer money developing an industrial site that isn't needed and won't be used unless someone has inside information or is making a substantial personal profit. As I recall there wasn't anyone in favor of this but the City Council, so it appears there is a rush to "something" while they don't give us (the voters and tax payers) all the information available.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pelham nurse on meth stealing meds Jun 23 Lmao 2
attention mrs james stucky!! (Jan '14) Jun 23 Lmao 8
News Thomasville restaurant gaining statewide attention Jun 18 wjh 1
Nasty Cairo Chicks 30 and above (Sep '12) Jun 12 christashiver 11
Jarrett Travis Williams (Dec '14) Jun 8 nia 10
Elizabeth Shelton Jun 4 Lets all just be ... 1
State Patrol Predator (Apr '10) May '15 workers 46
More from around the web

Thomasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE