Thomas County BOE pares list of superintendent candidates

Jun 6, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Thomasville Times Enterprise

One of two finalists will be named the new Thomas County Schools superintendent in about two weeks.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jun 26, 2011
Made My Day

Dalton, GA

#1 Jun 6, 2011
I'm so glad to see this. I'm going to be making a few telephone calls tomorrow. I'm going to do Dr. Pullen a huge favor. If anyone else would like to contact the Thomas County board members their telephone numbers may be obtained at this web site. Please, lets all of us show Dr. Pullen how we feel. http://www.thomas.k12.ga.us/Content/Default/6...
Parent

Woodbine, GA

#2 Jun 7, 2011
Made My Day wrote:
I'm so glad to see this. I'm going to be making a few telephone calls tomorrow. I'm going to do Dr. Pullen a huge favor. If anyone else would like to contact the Thomas County board members their telephone numbers may be obtained at this web site. Please, lets all of us show Dr. Pullen how we feel. http://www.thomas.k12.ga.us/Content/Default/6...
My uncle is on the board and he understands the dynamics of Chattooga County. I made sure that he lets all the other Board members know that Chattooga County is full of vicious, impossible to deal with little people. There are powerful state educational people that have had the Chattooga County Schools experience or worked in Trion City Schools and know that working in the Chattooga County School is like sleeping with a rattle snake. All the Thomoas County Board of Education has to do is read mmerville Topix and read, they'll understand the viciousness. Everyone tears down everyone else...Even teachers.
Made My Day

Dalton, GA

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Whatever...in my opinion I feel that the Thomas County board members need to know of Dr. Pullen's attitudes towards blacks and women. And if I find a black woman on their board, buddy, she going to get an earful of my opinion. And his attitudes toward the uneducated poor. And his elitists attitudes. And how he postures in front of the board here and then how he talks about them behind their backs. Also, how in my opinion again, our system has never been in such a state of disarray, and lack of cohesion and direction and loss of a positive attitude because of his seeming attraction to controversy and an inability to admit or address mistakes. Again, whatever… this is my opinion but I fully intend on sharing it with whoever answers the telephone this evening. And I shall make clear that this is only my opinion. It may not accomplish anything other than making me feel better, but then I feel better already. Whoever is our next superintendent turns out to be has got to be an improvement over the idiot we have now. IMHO
Parent

Elgin, OK

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Made My Day wrote:
Whatever...in my opinion I feel that the Thomas County board members need to know of Dr. Pullen's attitudes towards blacks and women. And if I find a black woman on their board, buddy, she going to get an earful of my opinion. And his attitudes toward the uneducated poor. And his elitists attitudes. And how he postures in front of the board here and then how he talks about them behind their backs. Also, how in my opinion again, our system has never been in such a state of disarray, and lack of cohesion and direction and loss of a positive attitude because of his seeming attraction to controversy and an inability to admit or address mistakes. Again, whatever… this is my opinion but I fully intend on sharing it with whoever answers the telephone this evening. And I shall make clear that this is only my opinion. It may not accomplish anything other than making me feel better, but then I feel better already. Whoever is our next superintendent turns out to be has got to be an improvement over the idiot we have now. IMHO
Also, they need to know he left our county in a mess money wise. Also, the money he has wasted on court ans lawyers. No school system goes to Due Process unless it's necessary! Money wasted. Oh, and his 15 thousand dollar personal bathroom!
Made My Day

Dalton, GA

#5 Jun 7, 2011
Thanks, but hey, make some calls yourself.
Ouch

Woodbine, GA

#6 Jun 7, 2011
Parent wrote:
<quoted text> Also, they need to know he left our county in a mess money wise. Also, the money he has wasted on court ans lawyers. No school system goes to Due Process unless it's necessary! Money wasted. Oh, and his 15 thousand dollar personal bathroom!
Most school systems are in a money mess, but you are right about Pullen and the Board wasting money on court and lawyers. It's true that Chattooga County is known across the state for acting backward and as being a difficult place to work.
Wasn't John Starr at Thomasville, Georgia prior to coming to Chattooga County. I bet Coach Starr still has contacts there; I think he left that system on a good note and probably will share with them about how he was treated in Chattooga County.
Chs

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jun 7, 2011
Coach Starr was at josey in Augusta.. Never been in Thomasville. Coach Starr needed to leave Chattooga and he knows that. He got complacent and lost discipline with the kids. That was known by everybody around this region. Could they have handled his firing differently, of course they could and Should Have! But with that being said Dr.Pullen will hopefully have educated people making that decision there. They are smart enough to look beyond heresay and see facts for their ownselves. We are in debt here but every county is losing money. We are paying for academic coaches at schools that make up over 500,000 I heard and supposely the state does not pay for those anymore.. We have central office secretaries in for every employee , and etc... Who knows what really goes on behind the scenes. I'm just glad my wife is working in Walker County now and my kids have graduated. I love Chattooga County but we are known for this type of behavior
big coach

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Jun 7, 2011
I think Dr.Pullen did a good job as superintendent with all the two faced people he had to deal with most of them are teachers that need to shut up and go to work teaching our children not getting on topix all day.
Ch-educator

Chatsworth, GA

#9 Jun 10, 2011
Dr Pullen had a very detrimental effect on this county during his term. He was an elitist who was constantly rude to teachers and principals with whom he came in contact. I was a recipient of that rudeness in front of my class. I was astounded that any professional educator would treat another educator to such a needless display of unprofessionalism. This man did more to destroy than build. He is a perfect example of a little person with a position of power, and that power corrupted him. I'm really glad that he is leaving. There are enough good people in this world who are capable of being civil to others, that we don't need him here.
CHS alum

Lakeland, FL

#10 Jun 24, 2011
good luck Dr Pullen
CHS alum

Cobb, GA

#11 Jun 24, 2011
hope u do well
xxxx

Tampa, FL

#12 Jun 26, 2011
good luck pullen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min silverfox 53,142
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) 22 hr Pfffft 185
hottest girl in cairo (Nov '10) Aug 23 boom 62
10 arrested in street drugs probe (Aug '09) Aug 22 dumb rughead 15
Jarrett Travis Williams (Dec '10) Aug 19 ewwie 15
Crooked cops in thomasville. Aug 16 hmmm 1
Date Night in Thomasville. Jul 30 XoXo 3
•••
•••
Thomasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Thomasville Jobs