Generator inventor gets worldwide jolt

Generator inventor gets worldwide jolt

There are 5 comments on the WKYC-TV - US News story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Generator inventor gets worldwide jolt. In it, WKYC-TV - US News reports that:

Updated: 2/23/2009 4:23:31 PM Posted: 2/23/2009 11:34:05 AM One of Maine's leading custom boat builders is now building something very different.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYC-TV - US News.

Angelo

Westport, CT

#1 Feb 24, 2009
I'm sorry but for the military to pay $27000 for off-the-shelf solar power when they could have put a few of their engineers to work on creating it, is idiotic and shows how the $1000 hammer is still de rigueur with them.
Solarman

Cathedral City, CA

#2 Feb 24, 2009
Angelo wrote:
I'm sorry but for the military to pay $27000 for off-the-shelf solar power when they could have put a few of their engineers to work on creating it, is idiotic and shows how the $1000 hammer is still de rigueur with them.
If you look at the system in the picture, there's not a lot there. You could buy a small trailer from Northern tools, get three or four solar panels from Sanyo and some deep cycle batteries from trojan. Hire a welder and have him build a battery box and mounts for the panels and charger inverter. That off the shelf would cost you around 9500 to 10,000. Why can't this guy make it for half price NOW!!!
dlk

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 25, 2009
Way to go Lyman Morse of Thomaston! Excellent job.
Solarman

Indio, CA

#4 Mar 8, 2009
dlk wrote:
Way to go Lyman Morse of Thomaston! Excellent job.
Dude,do some research before you give this guy a thumbs up!!! You can mail order parts and with a manual or two have someone build you a portable unit that can be towed behind a vehicle that puts out more power for less money. Where's the atta boy there?
dlk

New York, NY

#5 Mar 23, 2009
Yo, dudette, you need to read up on your history AND do a little research concerning..."this guy".
It's a company in Thomaston ME.

Enjoy building your portable unit from scratch and pat yourself on the back.

research aid:
http://www.lymanmorse.com/history.php

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maine Pottery Tour weekend April 30-May 1 Apr '16 Lucy Anna Jane 1
carl fusselman in rockland Jan '16 TAC 2
carl fusselman ?????? (May '15) Jan '16 TAC 3
Rockland - Genealogy - Family History (Jul '08) Oct '15 Rockland home 6
News Cable network TLC to air documentary 'Sex, Lies... (Aug '13) Jun '14 download here 4
Lowes in thomaston Maine (Jun '14) Jun '14 Las 1
News Police release 21 names in Maine Zumba sex case (Oct '12) Feb '14 tallyho 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomaston Mortgages