11-Year-Old Thomaston Girl Thwarts Bu...

11-Year-Old Thomaston Girl Thwarts Burglary Try

There are 54 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 21, 2008, titled 11-Year-Old Thomaston Girl Thwarts Burglary Try. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Within an hour of the girl's call Wednesday, police tracked down Robert Pelkey, who they said had jewelry and a gun he stole from other burglaries in town the same day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CPC

Warren, NJ

#43 Dec 13, 2008
Hick Mish wrote:
<quoted text>
listen buddy how about you go **** yourself and go away nobody wants to hear your opinion and im not defending a moron and and you **** thats all im so mad i cant even think of anything mean to say to go f you man.
No how about you go away and do whatever you wish to yourself?
CPC

Warren, NJ

#44 Dec 13, 2008
Hick Mish wrote:
<quoted text>
...im so mad i cant even think of anything...
And if you can't check your anger in a forum where you can't do anything about what another person says, I suggest you smash your keyboard against a wall and save yourself the trouble of typing anymore.
sister stokes

Budd Lake, NJ

#45 Dec 13, 2008
Oh well. You guys are rudeeee.
CPC

Warren, NJ

#46 Dec 13, 2008
sister stokes wrote:
Oh well. You guys are rudeeee.
It's you and hush mush that keep posting the vulgar language. Are you both that dense?
Hick Mish

United States

#47 Dec 14, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you and hush mush that keep posting the vulgar language. Are you both that dense?
ok so maybe when i defend someone that means the world to me i get a little testee my bda? but really you dont know him so talking crap about him is painful to people that do and fighting with eachother isnt gunna help any anyway
GEO

United States

#48 Dec 14, 2008
Chewbone wrote:
Shouldn't they press charges against this woman for putting her daughter in this situation? If it was her father that left her home alone, dont' you think that some idiots would try their damdest to find some way to take this child out of a dangerous home? I'm glad no one was hurt and that the clown was caught, but why isn't the DCF smashing down their door and stealing this child from her family for negligence on her mothers part. A chilling aspect indeed.
Geez, No mercy on the parents. Do you keep you kids withing 5 feet of you 24/7?

The poor kids today sit in school all day being treated like prisoners when will they learn to grow up? at 25?
CPC

Warren, NJ

#49 Dec 14, 2008
Hick Mish wrote:
<quoted text>
ok so maybe when i defend someone that means the world to me i get a little testee my bda? but really you dont know him so talking crap about him is painful to people that do and fighting with eachother isnt gunna help any anyway
Sorry, I don't feel your pain. I can talk crap about anyone trying to burglarize someone's house. Have you every had a friend or family member have their house broken into? If so, would you try to convince the victim that the burglar "might be a nice guy"? When I say my neighbor's house totally ransacked by burglar's the only thing I thought was 'what a complete moron & I hope they catch the burglar'.

When forums opened up on what happened in Cheshire there were several people trying to defend the murderers. They didn't get any sympathy then and you will get none now.
Hick Mish

United States

#50 Dec 15, 2008
CPC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't feel your pain. I can talk crap about anyone trying to burglarize someone's house. Have you every had a friend or family member have their house broken into? If so, would you try to convince the victim that the burglar "might be a nice guy"? When I say my neighbor's house totally ransacked by burglar's the only thing I thought was 'what a complete moron & I hope they catch the burglar'.
When forums opened up on what happened in Cheshire there were several people trying to defend the murderers. They didn't get any sympathy then and you will get none now.
yes i do know people who were robbed and in fact just last month i was home alone with a 6 year old and stood face to face with the robber himself scared frozen with a little kid a room away and im not trying to defend every other robber in the world most of them lets say about 98.9% of them are horrible people but there are the few of them like rob that have no clue what theyre doing theyre in a state of depression.com pletely comatosed,dont know whats going on and wouldnt hurt a fly..im deffinatly not saying what he did was right cause it wasnt and he know thats too i actually just got a ltter from him a few days ago he knows what he did was wrong and hes paying for it and will be for a while.
GPK

Suwanee, GA

#51 Dec 16, 2008
Oh ok..."Excuse me Mr. Burglar,do you belong to the 1% of burglars that are just depressed and wouldn't hurt a fly or are you one of those real horrible burglars that might kill me and my family?" Someone in my house, late at night, I am shooting to kill. What's the moral of the story? DON'T BREAK INTO HOUSES!!
sister stokes

Massapequa Park, NY

#52 Jan 29, 2009
well, i guess you're all wrong.

He got sent to rehab, like we all said.. right?
He deserves rehab, he was getting comatose d way too much. So I think you all should suck on my big juicy non-existent cock.
Hick Mish

Massapequa Park, NY

#53 Jan 30, 2009
sister stokes wrote:
well, i guess you're all wrong.
He got sent to rehab, like we all said.. right?
He deserves rehab, he was getting comatose d way too much. So I think you all should **** on my big juicy non-existent ****.
woot woot to sista stokes! haha yut guess everyone was wrong..thank god lol..agreement on last sentence yut lol not that anyone reads this anymore or cares...buuuut we do apparently lol :)
Mozey

Brooklyn, NY

#54 Feb 10, 2009
i hope sum1 who truly doesnt give a sh*t breaks into ur house one day....im not saying what he did was right by ne means...im not saying its not scary as the victim or u shouldnt shoot sum1 who is in ur house all im sayin is i kno him and everyone on this site is trying to be a F'n nazi....talk shit about the crime not the person because ur profiling him for one action....hes not sum thug that would come in take ur shit rape ur daughter then kill ur wife....and by the way for once the judicial system did what they were supposed to and read into the underlyin causes hes getting help sumthign u A holes never woulda gave him

“No. 1 with a bullet”

Since: Aug 08

Chesterfield, MO

#55 Feb 11, 2009
Mozey wrote:
i hope sum1 who truly doesnt give a **** breaks into ur house one day....im not saying what he did was right by ne means...im not saying its not scary as the victim or u shouldnt shoot sum1 who is in ur house all im sayin is i kno him and everyone on this site is trying to be a F'n nazi....talk **** about the crime not the person because ur profiling him for one action....hes not sum thug that would come in take ur **** rape ur daughter then kill ur wife....and by the way for once the judicial system did what they were supposed to and read into the underlyin causes hes getting help sumthign u A holes never woulda gave him
I'm sure he's a wonderful person,,,, real stand-up type of guy,,,,,but if he breaks in my house, I'm still shootin!:-)
Robert Pelkey

Torrington, CT

#56 Mar 3, 2012
I just got out of jail serving my sentence for the previously mentioned offense(s). In no way, shape, or form am I making excuses for my actions. What I did was wrong and for that I deserved what I got. I know that no one will probably read this, it was four years ago. But I would like to apologize to the families whose lives I have permanently affected. There is nothing I can do to change what I've done but I am currently living a clean and sober life and enjoying every moment. I have a completely different attitude towards life and I look forward to piecing together what I had left broken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Kaylynne Losacano Sep '17 smokedabs420 2
News Odd inheritance: 1889 landmark courthouse with ... Sep '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 2
News Harwinton man convicted of money scam arrested ... (Jun '08) Jul '17 Dudahead1 13
News Support for $15 wage, family/medical leave (Feb '17) May '17 Axelrod Jared Uly... 7
News Berthel announces for Kane's now-vacant Senate ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 mountainman 1
News Harriet Beecher Stowe (Jan '17) Jan '17 dave 1
News State Police Detectives Investigate Thomaston P... (Jul '16) Dec '16 Whaaaat 3

Thomaston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thomaston Mortgages