Torky125

Buffalo, MN

#1 Mar 16, 2006
I just heard that there is some kind of trail that goes by the river here in Theif River Falls, Mn and it was where the Indains walked on. If I remember it' scalled Dead Man's Trail. There's a cave somewhere along here and it was covered up. If anybody knows anymore information please write it. I was searching the internet and I found this information. This is not a lie.
Dan_NWMPS

Karlstad, MN

#2 Aug 18, 2006
Yes we checked into it
www.nwmps.net look on the urban legends section
dead mans trail is the little trail that runs alng the river near the trainbridge its only about 20 feet long there. people just use it as a shortcut to get to the bridge it runsa alongside the yard of a house. No caves just the culvert along the rivers edge. as far as that shadowlands posting it also says about people mystersiously dissapearing.. this is also not true there is no history of any strange disapearences in TRF.
Greg

Grand Forks, ND

#3 Oct 31, 2006
Oh it is true all of it u must be talking about a different trail i have visited the trail and there is a big rock pile i dont no about a cave but the trail is real.
NON BELIEVERS BEWARE
Jesse

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Jan 6, 2008
i live in TRF. i have travelled the trail. There is no cave. There are many trails. Yes it is haunted. Me and some buddies went there, heard strange noises, saw strange things. The big rock pile is for the college. Greg you may know Marion or Steve baker. Im related to them. but all you hear about a cave, none. I have seen a chief indian walk the trails in broad daylight. The trails of dead mans trails are haunted.
Daniel

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Jan 13, 2008
Jesse wrote:
i live in TRF. i have travelled the trail. There is no cave. There are many trails. Yes it is haunted. Me and some buddies went there, heard strange noises, saw strange things. The big rock pile is for the college. Greg you may know Marion or Steve baker. Im related to them. but all you hear about a cave, none. I have seen a chief indian walk the trails in broad daylight. The trails of dead mans trails are haunted.
i was just wondering if it is near where they have the big indian statue on the riverbank near the college. i fish there very often and have walked the trail down by the rocks and just feel this presence of someone watching you or even following you
connor

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2008
my dad has seen many people disappear into the cave
megan

Grand Forks, ND

#7 Jul 8, 2008
connor you live in tennessee. Not minnesota.
kaleb

Badger, MN

#8 Nov 28, 2009
me and my buddy used to go there because we heard it was haunted and we never believed it but after like a half hour walking around in there we saw a strange dude with a dog, so we followed it for like 10 mins then we all of the sudden lost him, only to see that we were by the rocks. we heard people running all around us and yelling something but by that time we had started running away, my freind fell on the way out and said something pushed him from the back, he scraped his knee a lil bit but thats all. we both saw what looked like an indian chief staring at us as we looked back. we havent went back since.
kaleb

Badger, MN

#9 Nov 28, 2009
idk why it says im from london, i live in trf
mysty

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Apr 19, 2010
kaleb ur such a bullshitter holy shit. if only the "indian" wouldve killed ur ass and did us all a favor. thats scary movie shit and hardly believable.
-mysty
steve

United States

#11 Aug 11, 2010
is it bye the college?
Karl

Thief River Falls, MN

#12 Aug 26, 2010
I walked that trail every day to and from school, it is not haunted
Paul

Thief River Falls, MN

#13 Feb 20, 2012
I've walked that trail quite a few times. One evening a black dog showed up and freaked us out. And another time we thought we heard native american chants but we were all pretty buzzed up on whiskey that evening, so it could have been the alcohol talking. Over all it's a pretty freaky experience out there at night.
Kimberly

Thief River Falls, MN

#14 Oct 30, 2012
Dead Mans Trail is possibly haunted. I live in TRF, and I have walked the trail many of times. Though I haven't seen anything. There has been reports of seeing a Native Chief standing near the entrance of the woods. I've only had one experience that freaked me out. I was walking the path at night and my friend and I thought that someone was watching us and we heard a faint (very light) crying noise coming from the woods. We took off like a lightning bolt. Could be haunted.
Help

Oak Brook, IL

#15 Dec 13, 2012
I need your help.
Help

Oak Brook, IL

#16 Dec 13, 2012
where?
Judy

Thief River Falls, MN

#17 Monday Jun 8
I have walked this trail many times, and I don't believe it's haunted. I saw the cave many years ago, and it was filled with rocks, and it is now completely covered. I still know where it is. There is nothing scary about this place, just a nice walk along the river!
Lindsy 1993

Thief River Falls, MN

#18 Wednesday Jun 10
Judy wrote:
I have walked this trail many times, and I don't believe it's haunted. I saw the cave many years ago, and it was filled with rocks, and it is now completely covered. I still know where it is. There is nothing scary about this place, just a nice walk along the river!
Where exactly is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thief River Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Avenue of the arts Jun 28 Children of the C... 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun 15 Richard Vickerman 17
what a new think Feb '15 dimond74 1
News Minnesota utilites commission advances expansio... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Sylvia 1
Concerning a citzien in thief river falls Reggi... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Donald l hall 1
Debate: Election Poll, June 2012 - Thief River Falls, MN (Jun '12) Jun '14 rocky hall 4
News All 2,000 Thief River Falls Students Get A New ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 someonesmakingmoney 1
More from around the web

Thief River Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Thief River Falls Mortgages