Pawlenty's deer hunt: 1 wounded buck

Gov. Tim Pawlenty shot a buck during the Governor's Deer Opener last weekend, but he and his hunting companions were unable to find it. Full Story
doomster

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 10, 2009
Nice hunting T. Paw. Shoot an animal in Minnesota and then go off to Iowa while the deer is dieing in the brush. If you can't finish the job, don't start it - sounds like his governance of Minnesota now that he is butt kissing right wing wackos for money.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#2 Nov 10, 2009
This man is doing to the deer population the same thing he did to all of the good citizens of Minnesota, Wounding them and then leaving them to fend ofr themselves.

Way to go King Timmy!
Tim

Stillwater, MN

#3 Nov 10, 2009
IrishMn is a moron. Turning hunting into a political assault. However, I am not a hunter, and I do have to sit through many stories of my peers of a similar situation. And it makes me glad I am not a hunter. Shooting an animal for sport and then abandoning the search for it is not right.
tp is a douche

Williamsburg, OH

#4 Nov 10, 2009
proves it all over again every day
tp is a dou che

Williamsburg, OH

#5 Nov 10, 2009
take II.

United States

#6 Nov 10, 2009
I'm with doomster on this one. Disgusting conduct. Shows that T-Paw thinks politics is more important than basic human decency.

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#8 Nov 10, 2009
really wrote:
<quoted text>you are a total waste of space and DNA
Very original comment. To come up with something that clever, you must be an extremely intelligent person.
Let Us Hunt Politicians

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 10, 2009
Hunting is NOT a sport; if the animals fired back THEN it would a sport. There are NOT too many deer/animals; there are too many people!!!
James

Prior Lake, MN

#10 Nov 10, 2009
IF you really think there are to many people why are you alive?

Why kill politicians?

Why is Obama going to give out bounses of $500 if you have a baby?

==========
Let Us Hunt Politicians wrote:
Hunting is NOT a sport; if the animals fired back THEN it would a sport. There are NOT too many deer/animals; there are too many people!!!
DimPawlenty

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 10, 2009
wth dude - i guess you repubs don't have the intestinal fortitude to follow through with your commitments (that's "youare" too u, jAMES in mpls)- we're looking forward to your honeymoon with sara and your hOT wife!
DeerPower

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 10, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
This man is doing to the deer population the same thing he did to all of the good citizens of Minnesota, Wounding them and then leaving them to fend ofr themselves.
Way to go King Timmy!
2 thumbs up, this is why you don't got replubican.
ha ha

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Nov 10, 2009
Talk about life imitating politics...
calvin

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Nov 10, 2009
"Johnson says hunters in Pawlenty's party tracked the deer through Sunday. They didn't find it but saw signs it kept moving. He says he believes the deer survived."

If only the same could be said for his constituents.
Gov Goofy

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 10, 2009
Lying Pawlenty probably sent one of his servants to look for the buck and then called him back to camp 15 minutes later to grill Transparent Timmy a wiener.
Dead and Buried

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Nov 10, 2009
This will look good to all the Southern state hunters who kill anything that moves. athey love blasting away and don't care whether the animals live or die. Good job Timmy, all the people can see what you are made of now. Timmy needs to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the Republican party and this shameful behavior should do the trick. Horrible. He had some underling look for his wounded deer, What a fine sportsman he is.
More Timmy

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 11, 2009
Too bad he didn't wound himself.
Dead and Buried

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 11, 2009
The voters of Minnesota know how that deer felt after being wounded and left to die in the backwoods. With Timmy running all over the country pandering to tea party bunch, we wonder where the He** is our Governor?
James

Plymouth, MN

#19 Nov 11, 2009
Carrion for crows and eagles.

All hunters have wounded animals, not good to hunt with small caliber guns. I used a 30-30 and wounded a couple of deer and switched to a .308. No more wounded deer with the .308.

Timmy might shoot a small gun, DNR should require a minimum FPS Grain bullet to get better kills.

Won't happen gotta have woman/governer friendly guns and shootng a .308/30-06/7mm/9mm etc gives a kick.
havtchnrdataa

Forney, TX

#20 Nov 16, 2009
Everyone has wounded a deer at one time or another. And, Tim's brother Dan and others did search for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thief River Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota utilites commission advances expansio... Sep '14 Sylvia 1
Concerning a citzien in thief river falls Reggi... Sep '14 Donald l hall 1
Debate: Election Poll, June 2012 - Thief River Falls, MN (Jun '12) Jun '14 rocky hall 4
All 2,000 Thief River Falls Students Get A New ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 someonesmakingmoney 1
Dead man's Trail (Mar '06) Dec '12 Help 16
American Crystal Lockout (May '12) May '12 Jack 2
TRF man sentenced for ambush assault (May '12) May '12 Pangaea 2
More from around the web

Thief River Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Thief River Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Thief River Falls

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:59 am PST