Christy Cole turns herself in on law day

Christy Weatherford-Cole, 31, of Theodosia, turned herself in and appeared before Ozark County Circuit Judge John Jacobs March 9 on charges stemming from the April 2003 death of her 3-year-old son, William ... Full Story
A Parent

Augusta, ME

#1 Nov 3, 2006
May she go straight to hell and never return...she deserves the same thing she did to her son william. Her other two boys are angels...We miss u will
Another Parent

Many, LA

#2 May 8, 2008
She didn't do anything to little Will! It was Mike Griffin! How do you think people would respond if it was their father who had them when this terrible tragedy happened? We too miss you n love you Will, and we love and miss you too Christy, Joel and Micah!
the parent

Holden, ME

#3 Jul 29, 2008
she didnt do anything to little will..she abused those boys and so did mike. They are better off with their father and his new wife I am best friends with them. I have read through the documents that they have. They are treated wonderfully and they are cared about and loved dearly, not only by their parents but by all of us who spend time with them. As for christy teling the boys that their father was dead...thats just a sick bitch!!!!!!!!!! When their dad comes home from work u should see their eyes light up. Ive been around them enough to know that they love their dad and mom...anyone can give birth but it takes a special woman to be a MOM..and michelle is surely special. those 2 boys love her to pieces.
Ok so we are all parents

Worthington, IN

#4 Sep 28, 2008
Has it EVER occured to you that you don't have but one side of the story? You are best friends with the father and his new wife so you are quick to believe their side...understood. I know him and I know her and I even know Mike. Christy is not the one you should be angry with. Mike is for sure. But I would also be angry with your supposed best friend for telling you some complete lies.
Ok so we are all parents

Worthington, IN

#5 Sep 29, 2008
Christy did NOT abuse those boys! You are only hearing Tim's side of his mostly made up story. Yes, they have documents. Of course they do. As for you calling my friend a sick bitch...I will not stand by and let that go undefended. She NEVER told the boys their father was dead. If that's what he told you, then he's a liar. I would look into whether or not I had a friend that lied to me if I were you. Did he tell you EVERYTHING? Did he tell you about how the kids got here with her? hhhmmm Did he fill you in on those little details? I'll bet he didn't. This crap about their eyes lighting up when their dad comes home from work....that is soooo cliche. I'm not going to say they don't love their father but when you attach cliches like that, it makes me think. And most of all...make no mistake...Christy is their MOM. Those boys know it too. Michelle is Michelle...their step mother. If those 2 boys love her, well that's great...but that does NOT make her their MOTHER. My friend is NOT guilty of these charges and I am going to do everything within my power to see that she is not convicted of them. As far as I'm concerned, Mike got less than what he deserved but Christy has already gotten more than what she should have.
a friend

Bucksport, ME

#6 Oct 9, 2008
Ok,,,after reading all of this...i think some of u need to get a life. I am friends with timothy and michelle. I have read police reports and DHS documents about the abuse that they children suffered. It was not just christy, but mike also. If they all cared about the boys as much as they claim they do, then why dont any of the Cole family call them 2 boys, They have not spoke to them in over 1 year. Michelle and Tim have to save all call records for future reference. They have contacted the grandparnets and had the boys talk, but the grandparents never call...like i said its been over a year!! So...heres a quater...tell them to call someone who cares!!! Also, joel spoke out of his mouth that his father was dead..its not some sick made up story
Mom of 4

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2008
First of all, This is Michelle! I am not Micah and Joels BIOLOGICAL MOTHER...but i feel like i am their mom. I have been raising them as my own for the last 3 years! I do everything that a mother should do for her children and then some. Yes, Christy is their BIOLOGICAL MOTHER. No one can take that away from her!! I hope she learns from her experiences. I can only state the facts that i have read in the court documents. Why were the boys taken from her home on a few occasions? DFFS says it was because someone reported that they boys were wandering outside alone in the early morning hours, there was also another report of the boys having bruises on their body that really couldnt be explained. If no abuse occured at that time, then there was definetly neglect. If this was the case...DFFS should have kept those 3 boys until christy got the help that she needed or was forced to get Mike Griffin out of the home. I am not here to bad mouth christy at all. We as parents are expected not to mess up. I know that im not perfect by far and i surely DONT claim to be.
Mom of 4

United States

#8 Oct 10, 2008
this is michelle again..i have no idea why it says jeffersonville ohio, im in central maine

Since: Oct 08

United States

#9 Oct 11, 2008
EVERYONE CAN SIT THERE AND SAY CHRISTY DID NOTHING TO HURT THOSE BOYS, BUT IN FACT SHE DID. SHE DID NOT TAKE THEM OUT OF HARMS WAY.. SHE HAD DONE A FEW THINGS IN CALIF, THAT I SEEN FOR MYSELF. THATS WAY SHE WAS SENT BACK TO MISSOURI. CHRISTY SAID FROM DAY ONE THAT WILLIAM WASN'T HERS, THAT HE WAS SWITCHED AT BIRTH BECAUSE HE LOOKED NOTHING LIKE HER, BUT IN FACT HE LOOKED JUST LIKE THE WEATHERFORDS.. TIM AND MICHELLE TAKE GOOD CARE OF THE BOYS, SHE IS THEIR MOM.. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT I WENT THROUGH HAVING TO PUT WILLIAM TO REST. WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THAT CHRISTYS FAMILY WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.. THEY DIDNT EVEN WANT TO SEND OUT FLOWERS, WHICH IS BULL SHIT. I GUESS THEY DIDNT LOVE HIM. THEY WOULD GO AND PICK UP MICAH AND JOEL TO GO FISHING AND LEAVE WILL. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT.. THEY NEVER WANTED ANYTHING TO DO WITH WILLIAM, AND THEY DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE BOYS NOW.. BY FAR MY BROTHER AND FAMILY ARE NOT LIARS.. SO GET YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.. THE WEATHERFORDS WILL ALWAYS LOVE WILLIAM..
Mom of 4

West Warren, MA

#10 Oct 13, 2008
Oh Yes...My husband Tim is such a liar....you are seriously ignorant. If that ignorant ex wife of his didnt run off with those boys, nothing ever would have happened...heres a little article i found.....Now...U tell ME!!

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com/hotspo...

pr. 6, 2003
Toddler's father shocked by death
Timothy Weatherford says DFS never contacted him about ex-wife's problems.
By Laura Bauer
News-Leader

For more than a year, Timothy Weatherford didn't know where his three young boys were.

His ex-wife had packed up their belongings from her home in Theodosia, near the Arkansas border in Ozark County, and didn't tell him where they went. He called his former in-laws and they said they didn't have a clue where the four had gone. He says he called the Division of Family Services and his calls were never answered.

Then, on the night of March 24, a police officer appeared at the door of his home in Maine with the bad news. Weatherford, an over-the-road trucker, was out of town, and his fiancÚ Heather Whitcomb, listened to the officer's words alone: Weatherford's youngest son, William, was on life support in a Springfield hospital.

"We finally knew where they were, but in this way," says Whitcomb, glancing over at Weatherford in a comforting way. "We didn't want to find them this way."

When William died early Wednesday after more than a week on life support, he became yet another example of a child who died even after DFS had been involved with the family. In a recent audit by state Auditor Claire McCaskill's office, information showed that 103 of the 147 child fatalities recorded in Missouri since 1998 were cases where state social service workers had prior contact with the home.

....Weatherford hopes for answers.

Did DFS do enough? Why wasn't the 3-year-old removed before he was abused?

Court records show that William was hospitalized after he was reportedly hit, choked and thrown across the room where he slammed into a coffee table.

...'Hole in our hearts'

For nearly a week, Weatherford and Whitcomb sat with William as he lay in a Cox South hospital bed, machines breathing for him. They have listened to Ozark County detectives tell a story of how they believe Weatherford's ex-wife -- Christy Weatherford Cole -- and her live-in boyfriend -- Edward "Mike" Griffin -- are responsible for William's injuries. Both are jailed in Ozark County on $100,000 bond and charged with second-degree murder.

Now that William has died -- hours after he was taken off life support -- his father has many questions for authorities in the state child-welfare system he fears failed his son.

....Weatherford knew none of this. DFS never let him know what was happening.

"They never notified me. Why didn't they call me?" Weatherford asked. "They said they couldn't find me, yet they were able to take child support every month. They know where I work. They know where I live."

Cross said records show that the caseworker questioned Cole about where Weatherford could be found.

"We asked and were told she didn't have a current address for him," Cross said.

.....Weatherford said after that allegation, and the subsequent investigation, his ex-wife left with the children. He still wonders why the state of Missouri could find him to garnish monthly child-support payments but couldn't find him to inform him about his children's safety.

Pretty simple- the state is only interested in the safety of the money.
michelle weatherford

Charleston, ME

#11 Jan 22, 2011
haha...f**k you!! When William died early Wednesday after more than a week on life support, he became yet another example of a child who died even after DFS had been involved with the family. In a recent audit by state Auditor Claire McCaskill's office, information showed that 103 of the 147 child fatalities recorded in Missouri since 1998 were cases where state social service workers had prior contact with the home.
NOW U TELL ME THAT DFS WASNT INVOLVED...THE STATE OF MISSOURI IS FUCKED UP AND SO ISNT CC!
Brittany Emery

Skowhegan, ME

#12 May 17, 2011
Wow,christy is a lying jerk.I will always love will.I miss him even tho i diddnt know him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theodosia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robbie turner 2 hr Abcdefgh 10
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 2 hr Ronald 507
Allyssa Knowles miss her 2 hr lolpopmyfacezit 1
Andrew miller (Oct '12) 2 hr fku 8
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr Mugsy 2,803
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr White House Muslim 97,004
tim strain (Nov '09) 5 hr jds 5
•••
•••
•••

Theodosia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Theodosia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Theodosia News, Events & Info