Martin Luther King Jr. Day events planned for Mobile, Baldwin counties

Jan 15, 2012 Full story: Alabama Live 16

MOBILE, Alabama -- Several events are scheduled throughout the area to commemorate the birthday of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.

Full Story
FastFred

Foley, AL

#1 Jan 16, 2012
It's Robert E.Lee day !
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#2 Jan 16, 2012
When is General Sherman's Birthday? Isn't that also a big Southern Holiday
one

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 16, 2012
go hell fastfred...
FastFred

Foley, AL

#4 Jan 16, 2012
one wrote:
go hell fastfred...
Don't be ugly,you must not believe in Kings message, except "Diversity"this is what he wanted,for us to all get along.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#5 Jan 16, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
When is General Sherman's Birthday? Isn't that also a big Southern Holiday
About as Southern as Lee is Northern !
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#6 Jan 16, 2012
FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>About as Southern as Lee is Northern !
Didn't Lee graduate from West Point before becoming a trader to his Country?
FastFred

Foley, AL

#7 Jan 16, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Lee graduate from West Point before becoming a trader to his Country?
He never was a traitor,it was the South's right to secede, according to the Constitution. You and a lot of others should go to Daphne in February,there will be a Historian and several other speakers that will talk about the causes of the "War Between the States", I am sure you will learn some interesting facts they don't teach.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#8 Jan 16, 2012
FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>He never was a traitor,it was the South's right to secede, according to the Constitution. You and a lot of others should go to Daphne in February,there will be a Historian and several other speakers that will talk about the causes of the "War Between the States", I am sure you will learn some interesting facts they don't teach."
OK, I guess that Benedict Arnold was one of your roll models as well.
"You and a lot of others should go to Daphne in February,there will be a Historian and several other speakers that will talk about the causes of the "War Between the States", I am sure you will learn some interesting facts they don't teach.
What proof can you give me that these speakers are any more credentialed than other historians? It appears that you are willing to buy the line that anyone preaches as long as you agree with it. I demand more proof of authenticity then just someone who is lecturing in Daphne.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#9 Jan 17, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof can you give me that these speakers are any more credentialed than other historians? It appears that you are willing to buy the line that anyone preaches as long as you agree with it. I demand more proof of authenticity then just someone who is lecturing in Daphne.
There are many Historians that share this individuals views,it's up to you to listen and decide.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Free at last!
FastFred

Foley, AL

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Yes it was a good day, we celebrated the day as it should be, it was "Robert E. Lee" day.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#12 Jan 31, 2013
FastFred wrote:
Yes it was a good day, we celebrated the day as it should be, it was "Robert E. Lee" day.
Celebrating a guy who lost a war. I will never be able to understand Southerners. Well, I guess they don't have anything else to celebrate now that cotton is no longer king.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#13 Feb 1, 2013
Give me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Celebrating a guy who lost a war. I will never be able to understand Southerners. Well, I guess they don't have anything else to celebrate now that cotton is no longer king.
That's right, you will never understand it, you are not one of us. What you understand is the lies that have catapulted Lincoln to his hero status, the guy you celebrated, was no better than "Hitler", he gave the order to to kill all Southern people, Men,Women and Children, burn all housing and crops, kill all live stock so there would be no chance of survival for Southern People, he should have been tried as a war criminal. Than we have the other part of the lie which is easy to find and read, Lincoln hated black people,he did not want then to be equal with white's, his plan was to ship them back to where they came from after the war,this is all in the "Lincoln Papers" spoke and wrote by Lincoln. Blacks have been supporting this great lie for yrs.,which shows how the Democrats have pulled the cotton over there eyes,they don't read History, they just continue to believe what the Democratic Party tells them.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#14 Feb 1, 2013
It's almost impossible for you to post without comparing something or someone to Hitler, isn't it? You are right about Lincoln in some respects. He wanted to preserve the Nation and free the Blacks from the White Southerners who wanted to divide the Nation. Did you ever hear of any Black that wanted the South to leave the Union. No, this was strictly a Southern Redneck idea and a bad one at that.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

#15 Feb 1, 2013
"Blacks have been supporting this great lie for yrs.,which shows how the Democrats have pulled the cotton over there eyes,they don't read History, they just continue to believe what the Democratic Party tells them."

Now you are denegrating Blacks by saying that they don't read History. What other groups do you have on your racist' lists? I would say that you and other Southerners don't read history either and just believe whatever Fox tells you.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#16 Feb 1, 2013
Give me a Break wrote:
"Blacks have been supporting this great lie for yrs.,which shows how the Democrats have pulled the cotton over there eyes,they don't read History, they just continue to believe what the Democratic Party tells them."
Now you are denegrating Blacks by saying that they don't read History. What other groups do you have on your racist' lists? I would say that you and other Southerners don't read history either and just believe whatever Fox tells you.
dREAM ON "YANKEE BOY "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theodore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The beach club Thu Bamachick 1
Search Warrants Served at Residences of Hiawayi... Oct 26 bobby 1
Bank, commerce plaza, warehouse sales included ... Oct 25 Marinediver 6
Ebola Possibly in Mobile, Alabama Oct 15 groveychic 1
Mobile Area Oct 7 shouldhaveasked 1
Judge Banks (Jan '11) Oct 6 Concerned mom 7
As Mobile's litter enforcement ramps up, busine... Oct 4 Concerned Owner 1

Freeze Watch for Mobile County was issued at October 31 at 2:53PM CDT

Theodore Dating
Find my Match