First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ask

Watertown, NY

#41 Feb 15, 2013
Ask one of the Town Board Members what happened to that grant. Not sure were or when that all began.
breath of fresh air

Watertown, NY

#42 Feb 17, 2013
JC I don't know who you are, but I applaud you for saying what some of us have been trying to instill in people, AND THAT IS TO LOVE FORESTPORT for the gem it is.
A little tattered here and there, a little rough on the edges, but IT'S HEART AND IT'S HISTORY IS WORTH EVERY EFFORT PUT FORTH TO KEEP IT BEATING!
Perhaps it is time for people who KNOW it's history, it's old families, and it's lore, to help bring about the constructive, unselfish effort it will take, in many forms and shapes, to pick this community up, dust it off, and LET IT SHINE!
election 2013

New Hartford, NY

#43 Mar 21, 2013
So it looks like Parker is running for town supervisor. Who else has interest in running? Things could drastically change here there could be a total clean out with all appointed positions to be reorganized and also going back to the election of assessor(s).Major changes could be in store for Forestport .With the republicans out and the chain finally broken.
Bill

Johnstown, NY

#45 Mar 21, 2013
election 2013 wrote:
So it looks like Parker is running for town supervisor. Who else has interest in running? Things could drastically change here there could be a total clean out with all appointed positions to be reorganized and also going back to the election of assessor(s).Major changes could be in store for Forestport .With the republicans out and the chain finally broken.
It should not matter what party people belong to , it should be what they are going to do and that they care about the town and not just a paycheck and benefits , I saw in the OD the other day in opinions I'm an independent so I can vote for the man or woman I believe best for the job , I can't believe people think that way , no wonder the countries in the shape its in ....
Edd

Johnstown, NY

#46 Mar 21, 2013
breath of fresh air wrote:
JC I don't know who you are, but I applaud you for saying what some of us have been trying to instill in people, AND THAT IS TO LOVE FORESTPORT for the gem it is.
A little tattered here and there, a little rough on the edges, but IT'S HEART AND IT'S HISTORY IS WORTH EVERY EFFORT PUT FORTH TO KEEP IT BEATING!
Perhaps it is time for people who KNOW it's history, it's old families, and it's lore, to help bring about the constructive, unselfish effort it will take, in many forms and shapes, to pick this community up, dust it off, and LET IT SHINE!
I saw alot of people that are life long Forestport residents at the meetings on the animal hearings , as well as at the bridge meetings also , as well as people who care about the town , as they have came to be part of the community .. history is good but what is needed is people looking forward , not stuck on the past ....
yesssss

Rome, NY

#47 Mar 21, 2013
RIGHT ON ED!!
yesssss

Rome, NY

#48 Mar 21, 2013
People must inquire of those OUT OF THE AREA who are impartial and go by the LAW.
Remember that old saying.......There is no Law North of Remsen?
Forestport should sit up and take notice of just what we all have been informed of re: the bridges, etc. because some of us care deeply for our town.
Laws are broken right under our noses, and since WE are not aware of the law, people take advantage of that fact "Dumb Hicks Don't Know NO BETTER!
One person said that to me years ago.
Forestport is slowly opening its eyes, it is asking questions, it is learning why and how there has been control by some at the expense of others here.
You must reach out for truth in many instances in this community. It isn't easy, and you will get a few who are frightened of change to try to stop you, but that is the only way Forestport can survive being raped. The beauty and the good people here are worth making yourself knowledgeable of our history and about the dangers and personal plans that will leave our community only a memory and all people can say then is I REMEMBER WHEN.
Jake

Pulaski, NY

#49 Mar 21, 2013
election 2013 wrote:
You can't go back to elected assors. That was know at the time it was voted on.
maybe

New Hartford, NY

#50 Mar 22, 2013
If the new supervisor and new board want to change things ,they possibly could ,I guess. It would have to be voted on by the public as well.
Amazing

New Britain, CT

#53 Mar 22, 2013
Can't be much worse than now!
who next

Rome, NY

#54 Mar 23, 2013
If there is a serious problem, and not a personal anger, then the person upset here, should want to be aware of what can or cannot be done by talking with those in authority. To start this discussion on this site will get you no where, and possibly create an image that is not true. It is not above some who have personal grudges against others, to try to create disention as payback, using others to do that dirty work for them.
next

New Hartford, NY

#55 Mar 23, 2013
We need some good people for our town government. Don't be afraid , get out there and get a petition , get people to sign it and run for office.If you have skeletons in the closet , well just support somebody else that is capable.
get ready

New Hartford, NY

#56 Mar 27, 2013
Get ready for some losers from the past to throw their hats back into the ring for this years election.
get thinking

Rome, NY

#57 Mar 27, 2013
Well if they were losers, then new people running should have an even chance. Re: Incumbants, it depends on who they are and what they DID or DIDN'T DO before.
Be careful that these "re-rums" are not going to be more of the SAME OLD SAME OLD.

Forestport has been through a really tough time the last couple of years. Money was spent randomly and recklessly, we don't want more of the same.

Forestport is at a crossroads right now. Some very good people are coming forward. We need new faces, new goals, and new attitudes. Get your thinking caps on and start thinking of who would be best to put in positions that WILL SPEAK FOR US.

We have seen some of those who are capble. We have also experienced those who should never ever be in office. It's about time we got some new faces, new ideas, and a new breath of fresh air in our town.
Edd

Gloversville, NY

#58 Mar 27, 2013
I have lived here all my life , and I want to say we need younger people to step forward and run for some offices , and all the people running for office need to be honest , forward thinking , with new ideas ....I remember that we could have had cheap power like Boonville when Trafalgar power built the hydro , if I remember it wasn't even looked into ....our loss ..
FoPo resident

Bakers Mills, NY

#59 Mar 27, 2013
Actually it was looked in back in eh 1980's The wont put an application in for hydro project the same time Trafalgar did. The town hired and beginner for Stetson Dale I believe. Anyway the government -FERC - gave it to the private investor and not the town. Trafalgar had already done similar projects.
We had good people on the board back then.
Edd

Broadalbin, NY

#60 Mar 28, 2013
and trafalgar offered to work with the town to have a system like Boonville , but it was dismissed ....
Election Time

Rome, NY

#61 Mar 28, 2013
Choose wisely, we should have learned by now!!
Amazing

New Britain, CT

#62 Mar 28, 2013
Election Time wrote:
Choose wisely, we should have learned by now!!
Somehow I doubt it.
FoPo resident

Bakers Mills, NY

#63 Apr 8, 2013
The town did not have the opportunity. The only chance they ad was to sell the engineers plan to the company and they did that to recoup what they had spent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forestport Town Board Admission 22 min Seriously 11
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 33 min Tolerance is a Vi... 24
ADK Railroad (Nov '13) 1 hr reality 27
Disgruntled with Lewis County Government 3 hr Undercover Sister 1
little terry 4 hr hahahaha 13
To the fools with the loud diesel trucks 17 hr True 3
Same Old Trouble Makers 17 hr Pete Recker 3
Thendara Dating
Find my Match

Thendara Jobs

Thendara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Thendara News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Thendara