Forestport Election Roll Call

Posted in the Thendara Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
new leadership

Utica, NY

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Who is going to be running for for town offices this fall? We are in desperate need of new leadership all around.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 9, 2012
new leadership wrote:
Who is going to be running for for town offices this fall? We are in desperate need of new leadership all around.
No Town Council seats are up until next year. I will be running next year.
John
taxpayer

Utica, NY

#3 Aug 10, 2012
What offices are up for election?We better find good people to run.
also

Baldwinsville, NY

#4 Aug 11, 2012
appointees need changing now and then too!!
Airing out

Baldwinsville, NY

#5 Aug 11, 2012
Our Town government in general needs an airing out!!!
Some elected and appointed officials are doing a good job, then there are those who are definately self serving and will always feel they are above answering to us the taxpayers.
I agree

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 11, 2012
Is the town supervisor up for vote? Maybe Parker Snead should be asked to run, it seems he cares about our town.
deserve better

Baldwinsville, NY

#7 Aug 11, 2012
Our Town deserves better leadership on the part of the Supervior. This happening with the youth program is unexcusable and unacceptable.
Obviously the Supervisor agreed with this skinning and gutting out of a dead animal. What was he thinking?
taxpayer

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 11, 2012
I think the town board members are pretty good .I don't know how the town supervisor can say some of the things he says, our town looks like a big joke.
Watching it all

United States

#9 Aug 16, 2012
Supervisor does not know when to keep his mouth shut. Every time he is quoted in the paper or on the news it is embarassing.
Next time lets hope he just says "no comment".

He is trying to control everything and shuts out three of the Town Board members just because they do not go along with everything he wants. Thera should be discussion on issues. He is just one vote...actually two if you count Nancy Kardash who does not seem to have a mind of her own. I am so disappointed in her. Wish I could take my vote back.
Get involved

Watertown, NY

#10 Aug 16, 2012
I am not sure, but I think a Supervisor only votes in the event of a TIE vote of the board members.
Does anyone if that is so?
The board has changed the way the clerk does the meeting and agenda paperwork now too.
The web page shows nothing, and not even much on the planning board site either.

The meetng Wed. was adjourned promptly by the supervisor before they gave the public a chance to speak under Town Board Public portion of the meeting. There were people in the audience who did have some questions to ask, and not solely about the twin bridges either. I don't think they wanted to run the risk of some questioning them about the dissection in Woodgate

I hope some of you who were asked before to run for Super. of our Town will think about it again when it is time........WE NEED PEOPLE WHO WON'T WHEEL AND DEAL AT THE EXPENSE OF THIS COMMUNITY, but will rise to the challenge if they love this town.
Employees of the Taxpayer
#11 Aug 17, 2012
This probably is alright, but when our town Supervisor puts himself and the employees of the highway dept. of the town in the position, publicly display their choice in a townwide issue to the extent he has a bumper sticker showing sides, that may be fine, and allowable.
BUT it tells where their PERSONAL VESTED INTEREST IS.

This now has become party politics and that is not the issue here. But, as the result of this issue could it possibly disclose the result of their neglect and abdication of duties that may be buried under this, or worse yet, a pre-committment to another contractor to do the bridges?
NOW MORE THAN EVER ONE WONDERS IF THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN SOME SORT OF OR A COMMITTMENT TO A DEAL WITH SPECTRA?. AFTER ALL THEY WERE PAID $65,000. SOME ODD DOLLARS OF OUR TAX MONIES ALREADY...WHAT WAS THAT FOR?
If the bridge referendum passes and allows ZANGRILLI to do the project, we will not only save our tax dollars, but we may ultimately find out the truth of any behind the scenes committment

VOTE FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF ONE LANE BRIDGES USING THE ZANGRILLI PROPOSAL, NOT THE MORE COSTLY TWO LANE BRIDGE THAT IS NOT NEEDED.
Really
#12 Aug 17, 2012
You will not be voteing for or against either bridge option, you will be voteing yes or no to let the town board spend $650,000.00.
agree
#13 Aug 17, 2012
But what will that $650,000 do?
Bob

United States

#14 Aug 18, 2012
put in a new bridge DUH
agree

Watertown, NY

#15 Aug 18, 2012
Thank you Bob. Somehow I messed up the amount. I meant the $65,000. that the town already paid Spectra Engineering. What did they do for that?
Pete

United States

#16 Aug 18, 2012
agree wrote:
Thank you Bob. Somehow I messed up the amount. I meant the $65,000. that the town already paid Spectra Engineering. What did they do for that?
They drew up the plans for the two lane bridge that the whole town board voted for so they could be shovel ready if they got the grant.
tiger or old forge

Watertown, NY

#17 Aug 18, 2012
Which grant Pete, the one submitted for Forestport Tiger funds or the one submitted in the Old Forge Western Adirondack Grant submission for the town?
Time

New Hartford, NY

#18 Jan 15, 2013
It is 2013, time to find new people for the fall election. Many positions are up for vote. No more liars ,cheats, bullies,or good ole boys.If you care about forestport ,throw your hat in, we need you. Don't let these people continue to run uncontested. Town Super, Highway Super, Town Board, they have all pretty much handed over their seats with their actions in the past year.It is time for change.
JC from FOPO

Cicero, NY

#19 Jan 16, 2013
I think there needs to be a total overhall of the leadership of this community. We need someone who will put the residents and the children of our community FIRST. We have a ton of taxpaying citizens that are seasonal residents, their voice needs to listened to as well. How about us being able to focus on DEVELOPING Forestport instead of being torn down, both physically and verbally! How about turning Foresport into a recreational Landmark, bring in income, put some money into activities for our youth to utilize and be proud of? Where is the focus on Forestport's future? We live in a breathtaking area, we need to clean it up and get it ready to show off... I believe ..."if we build it.. they will come". It is not going to be easy, but nothing good ever is...so let's pull up our big boy/girl britches and work hard to move this communit to what it can be, instead of what it is now ..WE HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL PEOPLE!
visions

Rome, NY

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Excellent post JC.
Start a committee to investigate that potential.
What happened to the grant that was submitted through CAP 21 some time ago, for a Sr. community also in the area somewhere around the Town Highway Garage, if I recall. That was a while back, someone in the Town should have heard if that was approved or not by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drama brought to you by the letters t and L (Mar '13) 46 min WTF 17
Common Core Opt-Out 8 hr food stamps eh 4
Charity A 9 hr Mike 1
Town Clerk Position 17 hr History 52
so loving this 17 hr oxy cotton and pi... 37
Parker 18 hr who U fooling-fool 32
Seeking Info 18 hr Isaac Cox 2
More from around the web

Thendara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE