Who is Running for Town Government Po...

Who is Running for Town Government Positions this Year??

Posted in the Thendara Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
abzxtuv

Gloversville, NY

#1 May 6, 2013
Who is running for Town Supervisor?
What Board Member Positions are open this year?
Who is running for Town Highway Superintendent?
Who is running for Town Clerk?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 May 6, 2013
abzxtuv wrote:
Who is running for Town Supervisor?
What Board Member Positions are open this year?
Who is running for Town Highway Superintendent?
Who is running for Town Clerk?
Seager and Karn's position is up
choose wisely

Holland Patent, NY

#3 May 6, 2013
Make yourself informed and speak to the people who will be seeking the offices that are open this year. Remember how much good was done with the bridges, and never underestimate the power of the people.
Parker Snead

New Hartford, NY

#4 May 6, 2013
The main thing to remember is that now is the time to prepare to run for any of the 5 positions up for election. The board of elections will probably receive the official NY State election calendar next week and they will give you your paperwork. The Board of Elections is on the third floor of the Utica Train Station.
go to the source

Holland Patent, NY

#5 May 7, 2013
Work with the Oneida County Election Commissioner in Utica who represents the party of your choice. AND to sure you are following proper procedure with EVERY STEP of the way.
It is quite a thrill and a learning lesson to undertake this process, but remember it may have it's bumps along the way.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY HONESTLY AND IN A CARING MANNER IS WORTH IT.
Pat

Utica, NY

#6 May 7, 2013
Parker Snead wrote:
The main thing to remember is that now is the time to prepare to run for any of the 5 positions up for election. The board of elections will probably receive the official NY State election calendar next week and they will give you your paperwork. The Board of Elections is on the third floor of the Utica Train Station.
Yes and you better be running for supervisor Parker!
abzxtuv

Gloversville, NY

#7 May 7, 2013
choose wisely wrote:
Make yourself informed and speak to the people who will be seeking the offices that are open this year. Remember how much good was done with the bridges, and never underestimate the power of the people.
What about Hasenauer's, and Gardeners positions....aren't they up too! Is anybody new running for these positions?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 May 7, 2013
abzxtuv wrote:
<quoted text>What about Hasenauer's, and Gardeners positions....aren't they up too! Is anybody new running for these positions?
Yes Gardner, Hasenauer, and shelly are all up for re-election
Parker Snead

New Hartford, NY

#9 May 7, 2013
And two Town Board seats. Bob Seiger's and Bill Karn's seats and I don't believe either of them are running......
2013 Political Calendar

New Hartford, NY

#10 May 8, 2013
Parker Snead

New Hartford, NY

#11 May 9, 2013
I have decided that I will run for Town Supervisor. I believe there is work I can do and I don't want our town slipping back from the progress that has been made.......
Thank You Parker

Watertown, NY

#12 May 9, 2013
You are right, and you have already proven yourself to the taxpayers and those who love our community.
So the control of the board can be changed also, since there are two council people running. This is going to be very interesting, and hopefully a it is imperative that those who seek to run make themselves very informed as office seekers. Learn the whole process carefully.
Pat

Utica, NY

#13 May 9, 2013
Parker Snead wrote:
I have decided that I will run for Town Supervisor. I believe there is work I can do and I don't want our town slipping back from the progress that has been made.......
Very good Parker, now a piece of advice. It's public knowledge Dave and yourself are good friends. We don't need another good old boys deal with you and Dave. If Dave runs and gets elected for town board great, but don't pick him for deputy supervisor! I think you will make the right choices, but political rumors are already flying! Please post when you get some signs and I will stop in to get a couple from you to put up on my property! Dave if your running for town board post as well when you get some signs and I will come see you for a couple too!????????? Rick Ritter for highway super??????????
Parker Snead

New Hartford, NY

#14 May 9, 2013
I have said before that I do not believe in the Deputy Supervisor position because it is not an elected position and is a hired yes man for the Supervisor.....
Edd

Camden, NY

#15 May 9, 2013
Parker Snead wrote:
I have said before that I do not believe in the Deputy Supervisor position because it is not an elected position and is a hired yes man for the Supervisor.....
there has always been a Deputy Supervisor , it was always a board member ......
Parker Snead

New Hartford, NY

#16 May 9, 2013
If I am elected, I have asked Joanne Kwasniewski to serve as Deputy Supervisor and she has excepted my request. Joanne is an elected Town Board Member and will be helping me understand and prepare for my duties.
Melissa

United States

#17 May 9, 2013
Parker, I believe you can make the changes to bring Forestport back to the days it once was with the twist of the new generation! Good Luck and keep us posted!!
Political Calendar

New Hartford, NY

#18 May 16, 2013
FoPo resident

Gloversville, NY

#19 May 19, 2013
Let's hope John Isley is on the way out. No deputy supervisor before him ha ever drawn a salary. And his health insurance as well which is a nice little benefit that runs about $10,000 a year that we pay for us taxpayers. A deputy is only suppose to act if the supervisor is not able to ...i.e. sickness, out of the area, etc. John is more like an assistant supervisor since he is with Bill H. all the time. Bill includes him on different things that he does not share with Town Board members.When you got to a meeting Bill will even say that he takes John with him to meetings with other officials? Why?
Good Ole Boys Club

New Hartford, NY

#20 May 19, 2013
Take the local Republican Committee. Of the four current members, two members hold Town positions at present. Bill H and Bill Gardner so if your are a Republican and want to run for Town or Highway Super, how much help will you get from the Republican Committee? That's why they are there to use the committee to cement their power and make it easier for them or people they want to get elected to the Town Board or other positions and to block people they don't want. Take the good ole boy network down to the Board Of Elections. Now we have Rose who is the Republican Commissioner at the Board of Elections who I understand was Bill H'S campaign manager and has history supporting Bill H and vise versa and she was in part appointed by Bill to her position. I have a appointment with her to discuss my running for Town Supervisor. What a joke........Parker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny 4 hr Democrat Witch Do... 22
Pizzaria 20 hr Caleb 1
Mitchell ludwikowski 22 hr Lmao 2
Becky farr carpenter Thu ALLDICKFORBECKY 11
Donald Trump Thu Willie 63
Where do men meet men Thu Sircum 13
Buck mooney Jun 20 Good ol days 4

Thendara Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance