animal ctrol officer
Woodgater

Utica, NY

#21 Jan 20, 2013
Does Mrs Sege want the job? She is the best person for the position yes, but perhaps before anyone wastes their time it would be a good idea to make sure she wants the job! I would like to know the reason why she was let go if in fact she was let go. Maybe she said she didn't want the job any longer? Is that information you can get Winterfell?
Winterfell

Northville, NY

#22 Jan 20, 2013
Good point Woodgater,
Yes she always wanted the job.
They have been there for the town of Forestport and the peripheral dog community .
I will personally "recheck" my facts.......today.....maybe they are disgusted with being a pawn in this juvenile game of chess......it will be the towns people's loss....they have the facility and training.....good luck with a wild unfriendly dog......
I agree ....I will check....it would not hurt if anyone else asked them...I am sure they would enjoy the support.....
Thanks Winterfell...
ideal

New Hartford, NY

#23 Jan 20, 2013
Your post Winterfell, is similar to one I just read re: the Matteson's.
If one is truly caring and concerned they will want to speak with the people themselves. Why would anyone want to even attempt to discuss a matter they know little about?
BUT I had an animal that was difficult to control, I went to Sege's animal training classes with the animal, and it has been very successful for me and my pet ever since. While the retrieving of stray or lost animals is a tad different, I know the Dog Warden is caring, very capable, and does a good job.
Unless she has requested this change be made, it serves no purpose to terminate her if that is the case.
How much more upheaval will this town be exposed to if this too is a personal issue with people in town hall?????
Winterfell

Northville, NY

#24 Jan 20, 2013
Dear Ideal
I know the Seges well, I also know they are the absolute best choice for animal control officer.....I have spoken to them intermittently .......they did not "request" being removed .....it came imediately after John Islys suspension from the fire dept for 30 days.....coincidence? I think not.....thanks ....Winterfell.....
Woodgater

Utica, NY

#25 Jan 20, 2013
Winterfell wrote:
Good point Woodgater,
Yes she always wanted the job.
They have been there for the town of Forestport and the peripheral dog community .
I will personally "recheck" my facts.......today.....maybe they are disgusted with being a pawn in this juvenile game of chess......it will be the towns people's loss....they have the facility and training.....good luck with a wild unfriendly dog......
I agree ....I will check....it would not hurt if anyone else asked them...I am sure they would enjoy the support.....
Thanks Winterfell...
I'm in complete agreement they are the best for the job! I would like to know why she is being removed! Is that John Isleys style, yes it is! He will stoop to discriminating against a disabled person to get his own way too! That is documented in writing!
plans

New Hartford, NY

#26 Jan 20, 2013
If in fact our deputy is manipulating or attempting to manipulate the dog warden situation, what right as deputy supervisor does HE have to be involved? I understood he is only to act in the event the Supervisor is not able to. I see that as abuse of his position/power whatever. Getting a big head is he? When Hasenauer goes, he goes too.
time for a smile

New Hartford, NY

#27 Jan 20, 2013
Just interjecting a bit of levity here.
Would it be ridding us of two fowls (pun intended) like ridding the town of two vultures with one vote?????
Stop

New Hartford, NY

#28 Jan 21, 2013
Can this situation re: the Dog Worden be stopped, and/or delayed, or something that will give time for probing this "retaliation" type of deal? There have been other infractions too, I understand, in the handling of town business.
To allow these actions to go unaddressed, legally, is unfair to the public, since we are left in the dark, and need truth to allow us to make wise choices come election, or to initiate an official intervention to STOP THESE TWO POWER HUNGRY IDIOTS/.
No one, not even prior law enforcement people, and/or personnel are entitled to special privilege when it comes to being paid by the taxpayers and performing actions contrary to laws or public policy.
If one does not have dirty pants cuffs, it would seem they would want everything to be made known, that is if they are dirty!
Stop

New Hartford, NY

#29 Jan 21, 2013
correction..........last line, last paragraph, thas is if they are NOT dirty.
MeaCulpa
wondering

Johnsburg, NY

#30 Jan 21, 2013
The whole town board voted to change dog worden and advertise for a new one.
easy

Utica, NY

#31 Jan 21, 2013
wondering wrote:
The whole town board voted to change dog worden and advertise for a new one.
That's what I heard which is why I asked what reason did they give for replacing her! Again does anyone know what reason they gave?
Edd

Indian Lake, NY

#32 Jan 21, 2013
from what I understand there was problems with paper work , I heard that at a couple of board meetings , its too bad Char did a good job and cared about the animals , and Tony and Char are good people ....
easy

Utica, NY

#33 Jan 21, 2013
So problems with paperwork is no reason to basically fire someone unless it's something like embezzlement or some other serious offense! I think we can all agree that neither Mr or Mrs Sege would be foolish enough to do either! I say rectify the situation and keep her! I'm sure the fire department incident with John I had something to do with it all! The Sege's are awesome people!!
who said the owl

New Hartford, NY

#34 Jan 21, 2013
Who is the Ritter person? I personally would not want to be involved in the removal of Mrs. Sege, especially since there has not been any documentation of why she was removed. I would hope the board members will not fall into the trap of making Johnny Boy's ego any bigger.
I fail to understand why he even is in the post he is in, accept for the"birds of a feather" situation with our shall I say, Supervisor?
Don't let this happen people. Speak with the councilpersons about this. Be professional in your approach.
If this Ritter is a relative of a board member, can that member cast a favorable vote or will they be asked to recuse themselves. Check to see if the count in the vote to find out how that may have an effect because of that risk of nepotism.
Gotta be a step ahead on this with a HEADS UP.
easy

Utica, NY

#35 Jan 21, 2013
who said the owl wrote:
Who is the Ritter person? I personally would not want to be involved in the removal of Mrs. Sege, especially since there has not been any documentation of why she was removed. I would hope the board members will not fall into the trap of making Johnny Boy's ego any bigger.
I fail to understand why he even is in the post he is in, accept for the"birds of a feather" situation with our shall I say, Supervisor?
Don't let this happen people. Speak with the councilpersons about this. Be professional in your approach.
If this Ritter is a relative of a board member, can that member cast a favorable vote or will they be asked to recuse themselves. Check to see if the count in the vote to find out how that may have an effect because of that risk of nepotism.
Gotta be a step ahead on this with a HEADS UP.
Who? What are you talking about? Spit it out!!
Uninformed

New Hartford, NY

#36 Jan 21, 2013
Go to the Town Web site on your computer,. and look at the minutes from the meeting posted there. It is all spelled out in black and white. The minutes are available to anyone who wants to read what REALLY happens at our Town Board Meetings. It is all there. This way there is data to refer to.
I have nothing to spit out. I do my research and I suggest anyone who cares should do the same.
I feel Mr. Isley should not be considered at all. Mrs. Sege has done an excellent job and this should not have anything to do, nor be under the guise of Isley's potential manipulaton.
(I am sure the board is aware of what the choices are, including the reappointment of Mrs. Sege, since the applicants names for the job are there for everyone to read and if you keep up on recorded data that is published or open for review, then you would know this too) Besides, weren't you ever taught it is nasty to spit.....(giggling)
Check the town board minutes posted on the Town Site.
Yes mam

Utica, NY

#37 Jan 21, 2013
Uninformed wrote:
Go to the Town Web site on your computer,. and look at the minutes from the meeting posted there. It is all spelled out in black and white. The minutes are available to anyone who wants to read what REALLY happens at our Town Board Meetings. It is all there. This way there is data to refer to.
I have nothing to spit out. I do my research and I suggest anyone who cares should do the same.
I feel Mr. Isley should not be considered at all. Mrs. Sege has done an excellent job and this should not have anything to do, nor be under the guise of Isley's potential manipulaton.
(I am sure the board is aware of what the choices are, including the reappointment of Mrs. Sege, since the applicants names for the job are there for everyone to read and if you keep up on recorded data that is published or open for review, then you would know this too) Besides, weren't you ever taught it is nasty to spit.....(giggling)
Thank you Ruth. I'm glad someone knows where to look and can inform the people!
easy

Utica, NY

#38 Jan 22, 2013
Uninformed wrote:
My apologizes I meant no offense. After several hours of studying the minuets from last year until recently there seems to be nothing at all other than acceptance to Mrs Sege's reports! They never say what their problem is other than an issue with her reports. Is John Isley going into closed meetings with the rest of the board when the supervisor is present? Why is Bill H voting? I was under the impression the supervisor only votes in case of a tie? Maybe someone can explain why it was that way in the past, but has changed with Mr H? There seems to be several issues with legalities to the point where one has to wonder how much the town attorney is letting slide, you know the old if they don't ask don't tell routine! Another good question what if a tax payer goes to a meeting and records it, but the minutes don't jive? I ask that question because I was present at a couple meetings where Mr Isley spoke, " while supervisor was present" but that's nowhere in any of the minutes! With this dog officer situation, isn't there a conflict with Bill Gardner being the highway super or is he pretty sure he's going to lose the next election so he wants a back up plan? Is it proper for board members to hang out as friends??
Winterfell

Northville, NY

#39 Jan 22, 2013
Dear Easy
If Bill G. Was given the "appointed position" now, it would come up again for renewal anyway in January with the new regime, I think they are trying to justify giving the position to " any body" but a Sege, because of Isley....and if they gave it to some one who already has a health plan with the town then the towns cost do not go up.....it is straight back stabbing, Isley manipulation. As far as him speaking at meetings , he is "given" tasks he should not be given as a minion for Bill H., he comes back and reports....for example John has advertising clients who he conveniently " negotiate" the towns insurance with, and comes back and reports back....many , many coincidences occur without mention. And Bill H. Is allowed to vote or should vote so the people who voted for him can see via the minutes where he stands on all subjects and issues......he should vote last for a few reasons...one..he does not influence the rest of the board and ...two...to break all ties if you have a full board....thanks..Winterfell...
Winterfell

Northville, NY

#40 Jan 22, 2013
Also Easy
If they had a "problem" with Charlene Seges reports.....they should work it out, there is no "town form" established for the dog wardens position,.......from what I understand Char reports basic numbers every month.....tickets, lost dogs etc......this is a position that requires a physical presence and ability, someone who understands animals and people and has compassion and empathy for both......not a secretary....paperwork is of least importance , although a record of the mainstays are required....I would prefer someone who would go out of their way to take care of my animals first....paperwork last....I agree easy.....something is ....not right.....thanks...Winterfell. ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Passing Drugs in jail (Jul '17) 1 hr Duh 9
News Lyons Falls man admits to having sexual contact... (Jun '14) Fri Tracy 34
News Lowville woman charged with being with her son (Aug '12) Thu Harry Bawls 40
Garage Sales May 23 Info 4
Kraft Lay Off May 22 Harry Bawlz 2
Lowville ER May 22 Harry Bawlz 11
Abner the pig (Oct '15) May 22 Yolo 2

Thendara Jobs

Personal Finance

Thendara Mortgages