Forestport Bridge Cost On Evening News

Posted in the Thendara Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Gaults

Pulaski, NY

#1 Jan 17, 2013
There was a statement last night on the local news that due to Bill Hasenauers refusal to sign a contract, the bidding schedule will be delayed and project will suffer additional COST$$$......

The party responsible for the present crisis is our bridge engineer (Zangrelli Engineering) If you look back to our May special bridge meeting you will notice Zangrelli Engineering promised us 17's bridges at a cost of $415,000 (approx) based on this knowledge we voted and approved the bridge project, and at a special board meeting B. Hasenauer issued and signed a contract for $42,000 on Oct 10 to Zangrelli Engineering...... A month later Zangrelli comes back to the Forestport Board and says HE CAN NOT produce a bridge of this width and budget.....his failure to produce documents for a 17' bridge set up the bridge width debate that has been going on for the last 6 weeks and the DELAY IN THE SCHEDULE..........THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT WAS SIGNED Oct 10th..... Zangrelli BREACHED IT!!!! and should be responsible for any additional cost associated with project......

Regards John Gaults

PS the local response to this note will be this was a starter contract..... if Zangrelli was a world class bridge designer as advertised he would have had a qualifier to that effect in his original proposal......
interesting

Gloversville, NY

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Was that promise of the original estimate in writing? If not, and a check was issued, the town officials are ALL held accountable as they must approve the issue of it.

IF it was in writing and the estimate suddenly changed a "mere" couple of hundred thousand dollars....wow, the residents of this town have a real problem.

Are town meetings recorded and/or videotaped?
Who are you

New Hartford, NY

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Mr. Gaults please tell us your line of work, your construction and/or law experiences in bridge project bidding, etc. and why you now voice these late concerns with our community based on the local news report. Also need to know who produced that report.
I like to research these things myself, personally, so I have basis to believe or disbelieve this type of communication, and also wonder if you were on board with this way back when it began?
I am sure if there is validity to your words, they should be explored. And most important, why did you wait until this point was reached to become involved in this manner?
As a taxpayer in Forestport, I am not displeased with the action of the Town Board at their meeting. I truly and sincerely believe this mandate from the people should be honored and the project should move forward. Precious time has been waited in the past, we cannot afford to squabble over "one-upmanship" any longer and still get the bridges opened asap.
You opened this door, now you must step through it.
bystander

Gloversville, NY

#4 Jan 17, 2013
interesting wrote:
Was that promise of the original estimate in writing? If not, and a check was issued, the town officials are ALL held accountable as they must approve the issue of it.

IF it was in writing and the estimate suddenly changed a "mere" couple of hundred thousand dollars....wow, the residents of this town have a real problem.

Are town meetings recorded and/or videotaped?
Yup they are and John is right....
Bubba

Speculator, NY

#6 Jan 17, 2013
just to let you people know back in the 80s the twin bridges had a 12 ton load and they have been going down on the tonage little by little thru the years , if the bridges had been repaired at all in that time they would not need to be replaced , there is $50,000 dollars every year in the highway budget for bridge repair and maintanence , if you want to question things , find out why no repairs were ever done PS the highway dept, repaired the second bridge ( Dutch hill side )in the 80s , the last time any repairs were done ....
Minutes

New Hartford, NY

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Check the town website for the official Town Board minutes from the meetings concerning the twin bridges, Spectra, Zangrilli and the Board's responses. These minutes govern what has been legally done and approved.

Interesting that in those minutes, the Supervisor was adamant about the bridges being 17 ft wider, which would have been a TWO lane. The voters approved a 15'7" exactly as it is now, with a full sidewalk on the falls side.

Voters did not approve a two lane bridge.

The data on the official minutes should be read.
Unless there were errors in the typing, and/or changes which should be noted if applied, the minutes clearly define what the people voted for, including the cost.

MUCH DATA IS ON THE OFFICIAL Town Board MINUTES in the reports given of the bridge committee....
Check that out before everyone gets upset for nothing.

Also, if you really want to make sure of continuity, check the reporting of that Bridge Data in the official meeting of the board for the same months.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 19, 2013
Minutes wrote:
Check the town website for the official Town Board minutes from the meetings concerning the twin bridges, Spectra, Zangrilli and the Board's responses. These minutes govern what has been legally done and approved.

Interesting that in those minutes, the Supervisor was adamant about the bridges being 17 ft wider, which would have been a TWO lane. The voters approved a 15'7" exactly as it is now, with a full sidewalk on the falls side.

Voters did not approve a two lane bridge.

The data on the official minutes should be read.
Unless there were errors in the typing, and/or changes which should be noted if applied, the minutes clearly define what the people voted for, including the cost.

MUCH DATA IS ON THE OFFICIAL Town Board MINUTES in the reports given of the bridge committee....
Check that out before everyone gets upset for nothing.

Also, if you really want to make sure of continuity, check the reporting of that Bridge Data in the official meeting of the board for the same months.
Well the "official minutes" can be changed and have! I know for a FACT Bill H voted a certain way and after the minutes where posted it said Bill H abstained from the vote, which was not the case, as I was at that meeting!
forestport resident

Saint Johnsville, NY

#9 Jan 19, 2013
John Gaults wrote:
There was a statement last night on the local news that due to Bill Hasenauers refusal to sign a contract, the bidding schedule will be delayed and project will suffer additional COST$$$......
The party responsible for the present crisis is our bridge engineer (Zangrelli Engineering) If you look back to our May special bridge meeting you will notice Zangrelli Engineering promised us 17's bridges at a cost of $415,000 (approx) based on this knowledge we voted and approved the bridge project, and at a special board meeting B. Hasenauer issued and signed a contract for $42,000 on Oct 10 to Zangrelli Engineering...... A month later Zangrelli comes back to the Forestport Board and says HE CAN NOT produce a bridge of this width and budget.....his failure to produce documents for a 17' bridge set up the bridge width debate that has been going on for the last 6 weeks and the DELAY IN THE SCHEDULE..........THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT WAS SIGNED Oct 10th..... Zangrelli BREACHED IT!!!! and should be responsible for any additional cost associated with project......
Regards John Gaults
PS the local response to this note will be this was a starter contract..... if Zangrelli was a world class bridge designer as advertised he would have had a qualifier to that effect in his original proposal......
John, You don't have the full story!! From the beginning Bill Hasenauer has not wanted the "one lane bridge. Recall Bill's two lane bridge had a cost of $1. 3 million to $1.6 million. If Zangrilli is such a bad engineer and Bill's Engineer Spectra was such a good engineer..why could they not give us one accurate figure after they had spent $60,000 of the town's money and no great!! Spectra had spent $60,000 and still couldn't give us a accurate figure.......and WHY DID SPECTRA CONTINUE TO SAY THAT NEW YORK STATE WOULD NOT ALLOW US TO BUILD A ONE LANE BRIDGE WHEN IN FACE THEY WILL AND WE ARE DOING IT NOW!!!!!!!!!
truthfulness

New Hartford, NY

#10 Jan 19, 2013
John from Forestport, you are catching on. I note that you have gone to the source for your data and one thing cannot be changed is your factual data shared here with us all from that meeting you attended.
Why is this happening? Is it because the people have finally had ENOUGH and are finding things out for themselves? That is what should happen, and should have been happening since there is so much dirty, hurtful, and dangerous things happening that we are not going to find out until it is too late.
Is it because the truth is getting to the surface and the chickens are coming home to roost?
(Just couldn't resist putting that quote in here)

Copy and paste data printed here, and keep your own "TELL ALL" booklet.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 19, 2013
truthfulness wrote:
John from Forestport, you are catching on. I note that you have gone to the source for your data and one thing cannot be changed is your factual data shared here with us all from that meeting you attended.
Why is this happening? Is it because the people have finally had ENOUGH and are finding things out for themselves? That is what should happen, and should have been happening since there is so much dirty, hurtful, and dangerous things happening that we are not going to find out until it is too late.
Is it because the truth is getting to the surface and the chickens are coming home to roost?
(Just couldn't resist putting that quote in here)

Copy and paste data printed here, and keep your own "TELL ALL" booklet.
Truthfulness,
I believe it's all of the above! I believe the people are fed up with back room politics! That's why I will be running for Town council this year! I have the PEOPLE'S interest at heart! I will not make any back room dealings. I will even be willing to serve the public FREE for the first year! I will not be a greedy politician like some we know at the Town Hall. Citizens can call me or email me anytime with thrum if concerns!
bystander

Springfield, NJ

#12 Jan 19, 2013
John from Forestport wrote:
<quoted text>Well the "official minutes" can be changed and have! I know for a FACT Bill H voted a certain way and after the minutes where posted it said Bill H abstained from the vote, which was not the case, as I was at that meeting!
If you need to you can always check the tapes from the meetings- the tape don't lie!
lol

Springfield, NJ

#13 Jan 19, 2013
<quoted text>Truthfulness,
I believe it's all of the above! I believe the people are fed up with back room politics! That's why I will be running for Town council this year! I have the PEOPLE'S interest at heart! I will not make any back room dealings. I will even be willing to serve the public FREE for the first year! I will not be a greedy politician like some we know at the Town Hall. Citizens can call me or email me anytime with thrum if concerns!
try going to a meeting once in a while then!

Location hidden

#14 Jan 19, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>try going to a meeting once in a while then!
Lol,
I appreciate your concern. I DO go to meetings, not as frequently as I'd like.as you may already know I am also involved in volunteering.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 19, 2013
<quoted text>Lol,
I appreciate your concern. I DO go to meetings, not as frequently as I'd like.as you may already know I am also involved in volunteering.
Oh and I plan on making more
Carol jean

Waterville, NY

#16 Jan 19, 2013
John Gaults wrote:
Regards John Gaults
I would think that the longer the delay to commit, that yes the price will go up just everything else in this economy.
wondering

Johnsburg, NY

#17 Jan 19, 2013
Is John from forestport the same guy that lived in the trailor at the bottom of Dustin Road hill. His name was Mark then.
what

New Hartford, NY

#18 Jan 20, 2013
why would the name be different? Sounds like you should have asked that question in a post directly to him.

Since: Jan 13

Danvers, MA

#19 Jan 20, 2013
wondering wrote:
Is John from forestport the same guy that lived in the trailor at the bottom of Dustin Road hill. His name was Mark then.
Umm why would his name be different? Also, what's the difference where he used to love if it indeed is him? I think that Mark guy was only there 1day a week. I never seen him

Since: Jan 13

Danvers, MA

#20 Jan 20, 2013
Forestport Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Umm why would his name be different? Also, what's the difference where he used to love if it indeed is him? I think that Mark guy was only there 1day a week. I never seen him
Live*
old news

Holland Patent, NY

#21 Jul 3, 2013
Need updates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump (Jan '17) 58 min Harry Bush 76
Lonely 3 hr Always sunny in L... 2
News Lewis Sheriffa s Department, Lowville PD quietl... 3 hr narc101 12
Wind towers 23 hr BRIAN 8
women be warned of TIMOTHY BELLAIR Tue friend of victims 1
News Historic Inn's Thursday Night Special At The 'R... (Aug '11) May '14 Yep 4
Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Sep '11 ilion resident 13

Thendara Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thendara Mortgages