Lewis County discloses victims of car...

Lewis County discloses victims of car-buggy fatal crash

There are 9 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jan 9, 2013, titled Lewis County discloses victims of car-buggy fatal crash. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Lewis County has released the identities of Amish victims of a Nov. 20 fatal car/buggy accident in response to a Freedom of Information Law appeal from Johnson Newspaper Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

Bern

Speculator, NY

#1 Jan 9, 2013
What a disgrace the Johnson Newspaper Corp is A.K.A Watertown Daily Times. To actually file an appeal to have the name of this Amish Baby disclosed! Who cares! I don't need to know the name if the family does not wish it to be known. Shame on the Watertown Times, like they are some big, news breaking paper. It's nothing but a second rate small time publication.
Trashy Publication

New York, NY

#2 Jan 9, 2013
I felt the same way. That paper and it's so called reporters totally disgust me. She was 6 months old, so really, you think you need to put her name out there after how long? I won't buy it any more after having read some of the nasty, disgusting things that have been published. Their publication is no longer newsworthy. Downright nasty! My guess is that they may not be in business in the near future. Someone is going to file a huge lawsuit against them.
Justin Case

New York, NY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
As you post your point on topix. Hi pot, meet kettle.
vice versa

Potsdam, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Justin Case wrote:
You are correct about the pot/kettle however it is the other way around. That trash goes out to thousands, but its time may be limited.
green eggs

Gloversville, NY

#5 Jan 10, 2013
the Times was completely correct to go after that. the law requires that that informaion be made public. I like the Amish,but they are not entitled to anymore privacy than anyone else when police reports are involved. this is just another attempt by the county to circumvent the law.
Justin Case

New York, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2013
vice versa wrote:
You are correct about the pot/kettle however it is the other way around.
You are incorrect.
Gramma

Altmar, NY

#7 Jan 10, 2013
What I find interesting is that this is the second time (that I know of) that Lewis Co has violated the Freedom of Information Laws. It seems the legal dept doesn't know what they are doing. So take your issues with Lewis Co higher up and you will probably win.
interesting

Ithaca, NY

#8 Jan 10, 2013
Virkler aka doushe
Bern

Speculator, NY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Justin Case wrote:
I fail to see your point. And as far as someone else said about them being Amish and not getting special privilege as for as privacy, this has nothing do with them being Amish, it has to do with a parent losing thier child, any parent. Also, as far as the freedom of information act, I won't sit here and pretend to understand the original purpose of it was, but I am sure it was not intended to be used for this, to force the police to disclose the names of children killed in an accident. If the press wants to expend this much effort on something,how about digging up every piece of dirt they can on the negligent driver that hit them in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowlife family 5 hr DRAMMA Aka Drama 1
How to Remove A Topix Comment Easily 8 hr Stand Up 3
Shannon conway farr Thu Know what 6
Water problem in Glenfield ny Wed Edna 3
News Lewis Sheriffa s Department, Lowville PD quietl... Dec 11 The REBEL 14
News Historic Inn's Thursday Night Special At The 'R... (Aug '11) May '14 Yep 4
Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Sep '11 ilion resident 13

Thendara Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thendara Mortgages