First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#21 Jan 6, 2013
wallyworlds wrote:
Mr young had the innate intelligence to not arrest any girl scouts for soliciting and trespass for merely going door to door selling cookies.
The facts do speak for themselves,
So, if I understand correctly... the previous DA, Mr Young, had the common sense not to arrest the girl scout cookie solicitors but the current DA (which people are complaining about) did?? Please post the NEWS link concerning this story. Or, if you can't you find a link to the NEWS, please find another record of this incident. Some of these records may not be accessible to the general public, but a little digging could do it.

When did this happen??
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#22 Jan 6, 2013
wallyworlds wrote:
Mr young had the innate intelligence to not arrest any girl scouts for soliciting and trespass for merely going door to door selling cookies.
The facts do speak for themselves,
innate is not a negative word:

Definition of INNATE
1: existing in, belonging to, or determined by factors present in an individual from birth : native, inborn <innate behavior>
2: belonging to the essential nature of something : inherent
3: originating in or derived from the mind or the constitution of the intellect rather than from experience

In this sense "wallyworlds" is saying Mr Young had some common sense. I was trying to clarify the point that was being made by "wallyworlds". It seemed to me some people may have been getting confused with the meaning of the sentence, that's all.
granma

New York, NY

#23 Jan 7, 2013
There is one case I can comment to. Woods hill store in glenfield had an employee steal thousands of dollars from them. I was investigated by audit from SBI and state lottery officials. This same women had stolen from a previous employer. When it went to trial caleb and leeanne spent one day presenting
.....if you can call it that, and the judge dismissed the entire thing. The defense never had to do anything. How incredibly incompetent and unprepared does a DA office have to be to be thrown out on the first day? The business owner was robbed and she csn not be tried twice. Never forget that case.
priceless

Boonville, NY

#24 Jan 7, 2013
granma wrote:
There is one case I can comment to. Woods hill store in glenfield had an employee steal thousands of dollars from them. I was investigated by audit from SBI and state lottery officials. This same women had stolen from a previous employer. When it went to trial caleb and leeanne spent one day presenting
.....if you can call it that, and the judge dismissed the entire thing. The defense never had to do anything. How incredibly incompetent and unprepared does a DA office have to be to be thrown out on the first day? The business owner was robbed and she csn not be tried twice. Never forget that case.
Is her initials T.S
lol

United States

#25 Jan 7, 2013
She has caleb do most of the work and hes messed up alot too.
wallyworlds

Alexandria, VA

#26 Jan 7, 2013
My point, and is was not directed to be an insult, was that Mr Young was very careful to make sure incidents were properly investigated, that all evidence and witnesses were vetted (for instance, meaning no shams or pschotic dreams of village alcoholics) and that efforts were directed towards things that mattered..........he did not worry about Girl Scouts peddling cookies door to door.

Other DAs have gone way overboard and have foresaken the considerable effort to do a great job in lieu of numbers and public clamor.

The early 2010 girl scout incident comes to mind.
lol

United States

#27 Jan 7, 2013
They totally messed up lori hirchs case and jason hatcher both in pappers
granma

New York, NY

#29 Jan 7, 2013
No the women who stole from them was martha skiff
gal

Richland, NY

#30 Jan 8, 2013
no the woman that was the thief was not Martha. get your story straight before you start stuff. she was found INNOCENT. she was a escape goat for the real person and that backfired.
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#31 Jan 8, 2013
OK, so this is a great start.

Please someone SAVE all this information and RE-POST it when she comes up for DA again.

You know, people can get these posts removed, it happens all the time, and who else better than someone in her position! If the post is gone all this specific info will be gone, and I believe these examples are credible.

This will be helpful later. With a little effort, I think you (specifically the person that started this, and others as well) can make things happen --- even just using TOPIX. Thanks for all your help. Good job.
XYZ

Johnstown, NY

#32 Jan 8, 2013
From what I heard, Martha wasn't the guilty party - someone tried to set her up - the former owners from what I hear....
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#33 Jan 8, 2013
lol wrote:
They totally messed up lori hirchs case and jason hatcher both in pappers
So, I looked up "Jason Hatcher Lowville" and found this (there wasn't much left on the web and this stuff was from TOPIX, not always a the most reliable source):

July 29, 2007: Headline (with no name mentioned, and article now removed):"31-year-old woman struck and killed; driver charged", the small blurb does mention Glenfield.

From Post #20, Aug 2007, "... This woman who died, Michelle Lynn Pearce Eagan was not just a headline for the newspaper... Whether this man Christopher Peck will suffer any prison time, whether his alcohol blood limit exceeded the legal limit does not really even matter now."

SO, this TOPIX article wasn't even about Jason Hatcher (?) but I also found this post below on the same thread. Someone may know more about and be able to comment on.

from post #12 Aug, 2007 ... "I just wonder if he will hang for it because their both Lewis county residents.It wasn't that long ago someone practically walked out of it because the guy she killed wasn't from around here.So i am really curious on how this will come out"

I don't know when this lady DA in question became DA, I don't think it was this long ago (2007), but looks like people have had problems with the judicial system for a while.

There were more TOPIX articles on Jason Hatcher, but they were only filled with trash talk and won't help this effort.
wtf

Lowville, NY

#34 Jan 8, 2013
Tolerance is a virtue wrote:
OK, so this is a great start.

Please someone SAVE all this information and RE-POST it when she comes up for DA again.

You know, people can get these posts removed, it happens all the time, and who else better than someone in her position! If the post is gone all this specific info will be gone, and I believe these examples are credible.

This will be helpful later. With a little effort, I think you (specifically the person that started this, and others as well) can make things happen --- even just using TOPIX. Thanks for all your help. Good job.
Don't worry, I'll print it out... Maybe even send her a copy so she can see that she is NOT wanted here.
eewww

Lowville, NY

#35 Jan 8, 2013
granma wrote:
What are your complaints specifically?
She sets her own hours instead of following county hours like the rest of us so if you actually need to talk to her, she's not there... She refuses to look into rehabilitation for people who need it- prison is the only option. She wouldn't have won the election if she hadn't brought in all the unregistered Mennonites to register & vote for her. It's pretty much bull$hit that she's in office... Caleb is not the DA, she is- yet he's the one who ALWAYS shows up in court... And he messes it up. She came here to do a job but could care less about the people in this town... She's just not what Lewis County needs- we have enough snobs here- go back to Rochester & make your life there... We don't want you here!!
wallyworlds

Alexandria, VA

#36 Jan 8, 2013
DAs tend to be a self correcting problem. If bad ones are elected, and perform poorly, the threat of lawsuits, or the lawsuits themselves , force the county's insurance company to expend hundreds of thousands of dollars for legal defense..

This in turn forces insurance to the county to be negotiated upwards by the insurance company, forcing the county to re-invent how the DAs office operates.

For example, the City of Ithaca was just successfully sued for prosecutorial misconduct, with the plaintiff winning a multi million dollar judgement.

The Mayor of Ithaca issued a statement they would appeal the decision and that the budget was not busted. Unfortunately for the City, they had to post a bond (which cost the taxpayers $350,000) and the bond will break the budget. If the plaintiff is upheld in appeal, more than likely Ithaca will have to declare bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, I suspect the Mayor, the DA and others will not survive the next election cycle.

(And the Ithaca authorities were not arresting girl scouts selling cookies!)
Bupkiss

Alexandria, VA

#37 Jan 9, 2013
Local drama.
granma

New York, NY

#38 Jan 9, 2013
The state report and lottery officials did an investigation
Maartha was there everytime a bogus ticket wss cashed it was her. That money was for the owners retirement and for you fools to try and divert blame them is shameful. Look at martha background.....she has had problems for many years. And she wss not found innocent! The Da messed up the case before it went in which is the topic of this thread.
gal

Indian Lake, NY

#39 Jan 9, 2013
she was found INNOCENT> the one on the stand that said she played the tickets ahead and hoping to win then would pay for the tickets is the guilty one. she was and is a family member that's why they blamed m.s.
eewww

Lowville, NY

#40 Jan 9, 2013
wallyworlds wrote:
DAs tend to be a self correcting problem. If bad ones are elected, and perform poorly, the threat of lawsuits, or the lawsuits themselves , force the county's insurance company to expend hundreds of thousands of dollars for legal defense..

This in turn forces insurance to the county to be negotiated upwards by the insurance company, forcing the county to re-invent how the DAs office operates.

For example, the City of Ithaca was just successfully sued for prosecutorial misconduct, with the plaintiff winning a multi million dollar judgement.

The Mayor of Ithaca issued a statement they would appeal the decision and that the budget was not busted. Unfortunately for the City, they had to post a bond (which cost the taxpayers $350,000) and the bond will break the budget. If the plaintiff is upheld in appeal, more than likely Ithaca will have to declare bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, I suspect the Mayor, the DA and others will not survive the next election cycle.

(And the Ithaca authorities were not arresting girl scouts selling cookies!)
Time to get the bitch out!!
No Good

New York, NY

#41 Jan 12, 2013
I have two complaints with the DA
1> there was a drunk driver a hit and run and killed a woman and only was sentenced 6 months in county jail
2> the case with the man on the four wheeler and the cop, no investigating took place at all yet the man got 2yrs in prison

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Common Core Opt-Out 3 hr food stamps eh 4
Charity A 4 hr Mike 1
Town Clerk Position 12 hr History 52
so loving this 12 hr oxy cotton and pi... 37
Parker 14 hr who U fooling-fool 32
Seeking Info 14 hr Isaac Cox 2
News Croghan women charged with second-degree crimin... 14 hr really 9
More from around the web

Thendara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE