metoo

Camillus, NY

#215 Jul 14, 2012
I think so too!
Paul

United States

#216 Jul 14, 2012
I think its nice a guy has a sign in his yard , vote no on bridges , but he got taxpayer money to fix his house , very nice of him to want to give back
HUH

United States

#217 Jul 14, 2012
Paul wrote:
I think its nice a guy has a sign in his yard , vote no on bridges , but he got taxpayer money to fix his house , very nice of him to want to give back
What does one have to do with the other???
Paul

United States

#218 Jul 14, 2012
its all tax money , if you don't want to pay , don't take welfare
HUH

United States

#219 Jul 14, 2012
Paul wrote:
its all tax money , if you don't want to pay , don't take welfare
Are you saying that because they qualified for the CBDG grant they must be for anything that you think the town should do. They loose any right to have their own opinion? Since when did you get to set the rules??
Paul

United States

#220 Jul 14, 2012
I said I think its nice , its called freedom of speech , you call it a grant I call it welfare...
Posts removed

Turin, NY

#224 Jan 29, 2013
Noted that 220 posts were once entered in this category, and now only 166 remain. Someone has removed 54 posts......for what reason I wonder.
Yes

Turin, NY

#225 Jan 29, 2013
Yes, the bridge on Dutch Hill is not in good condition either. I believe it is State Owned, not Town Owned, but all the more reason to get someone to tend to that bridge also.
Neglect, neglect, neglect.......Town, County, State
Take your choice....... No one has been watching or doing anything to address the needs of our bridges.
This town is neglecting the infrastructure be it town, county or state owned....and NO ONE GIVES A YOU KNOW WHAT???

SAD, SAD, SAD.
Amazing

Windsor, CT

#226 Jan 29, 2013
Posts removed wrote:
Noted that 220 posts were once entered in this category, and now only 166 remain. Someone has removed 54 posts......for what reason I wonder.
maybe someone should be copying and saving all post on this to a folder so they can look back to see which ones get removed.
did

Turin, NY

#227 Jan 29, 2013
someone mentioned on here about copying these posts and putting them in a file just to see what happens as time goes by. But you don't need to remove them from the site to do that.
crumble

New Hartford, NY

#228 Jan 30, 2013
Our infrastructure has deteriorated to shameful levels . We lost our library, most towns have a library where people can go to use computers etc. . We have a tennis court with no net or fence and outdated, unsafe playground equipment. Our bridges have been neglected and closed . Nobody in our town government cares. It is time for new leadership from somebody that does care.
Paul

Lake Luzerne, NY

#229 Jan 30, 2013
crumble wrote:
Our infrastructure has deteriorated to shameful levels . We lost our library, most towns have a library where people can go to use computers etc.. We have a tennis court with no net or fence and outdated, unsafe playground equipment. Our bridges have been neglected and closed . Nobody in our town government cares. It is time for new leadership from somebody that does care.
I agree , it seems the town lately is trying to work to get people to use the town as a recreation area , boat launch , hiking trail , planting trees , which is good , but do we want to draw people into our area to see buildings falling down , bridges closed , ect
buried

Turin, NY

#230 Jan 30, 2013
These people are not crazy....they're very frightened.
They know the game PYOA better than anyone here.
I say thet, because we all know them. Yet they are tolerated and allowed to control. Why is that?
A new broom always sweeps clean, Mr. Snead is that new broom, and the game is always to tear down what you fear may have the most strength for making positive changes. It is time for a change in town politics, so make sure you get to know your options, the issues, and your candidate. And if you love Forestport, make the change.
Paul

Lake Luzerne, NY

#231 Jan 30, 2013
buried wrote:
These people are not crazy....they're very frightened.
They know the game PYOA better than anyone here.
I say thet, because we all know them. Yet they are tolerated and allowed to control. Why is that?
A new broom always sweeps clean, Mr. Snead is that new broom, and the game is always to tear down what you fear may have the most strength for making positive changes. It is time for a change in town politics, so make sure you get to know your options, the issues, and your candidate. And if you love Forestport, make the change.
they are allowed to do this because alot of people that vote here don't have a clue of whats going on , and we can sweep all we want put the dirt stays in the corner ...
Ronnie

Whitesboro, NY

#232 Jan 30, 2013
Thes bridge is not realy and truly closed because I drove my snomobnile on it satreday. no problem.e
why is that

Turin, NY

#233 Jan 30, 2013
"The bridge is not really and truly closed because I drove my snowmobile on it Saturday and no problem."

WHY HAS THIS TOWN NOT POSTED THOSE BRIDGES TO SAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR SNOWMOBILERS USING THEM?

It doesn't have to close them, just post them as use at your own risk. That way the taxpayers of this town,(the whole town that is) will not be responsible.

BUT THEN..........who cares about the taxpayers.
Bubba

Old Forge, NY

#234 Jan 31, 2013
why is that wrote:
"The bridge is not really and truly closed because I drove my snowmobile on it Saturday and no problem."
WHY HAS THIS TOWN NOT POSTED THOSE BRIDGES TO SAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR SNOWMOBILERS USING THEM?
It doesn't have to close them, just post them as use at your own risk. That way the taxpayers of this town,(the whole town that is) will not be responsible.
BUT THEN..........who cares about the taxpayers.
The insurance on the bridges being used by snowmobiles is suposedly covered by the trackside blazers snowmobile club , and it should also cover the bridges on the cemetery rd., but nobody knows who has charge of those bridges , they were closed and turned over to the county in the 70s , so who is responsable for them ?
ru sure

Turin, NY

#235 Jan 31, 2013
If the snowmobile club has them covered, then it seems it would be the Snowmobile Club's insurance or bond, or whatever, that would handle any accident claims.
Does the snowmobile club's insurance, only cover a snowmobiler's personal liability for damages?

Does that still allow a snowmobiler to still sue the Town for neglect?

Is there a difference between private organizational insurances of an organization vs. the municipality of the Town of Forestport who are the owners of the TWINS? One needs to be reassured of what that policy covers, in regard to any town liability coverage for any use of TOWN OWNED PROPERTY.

The taxpayers still need to be sure they are not liable in any way concerning this issue.
Bubba

Old Forge, NY

#236 Jan 31, 2013
ru sure wrote:
If the snowmobile club has them covered, then it seems it would be the Snowmobile Club's insurance or bond, or whatever, that would handle any accident claims.
Does the snowmobile club's insurance, only cover a snowmobiler's personal liability for damages?
Does that still allow a snowmobiler to still sue the Town for neglect?
Is there a difference between private organizational insurances of an organization vs. the municipality of the Town of Forestport who are the owners of the TWINS? One needs to be reassured of what that policy covers, in regard to any town liability coverage for any use of TOWN OWNED PROPERTY.
The taxpayers still need to be sure they are not liable in any way concerning this issue.
Maybe you should go to the next town board meeting and ask those questions , the town should have a copy of the insurance policy from the club ....
damage

Clinton, NY

#237 Feb 3, 2013
A while back, I understood from a reliable source, that an older person fell through the boards on the walkway. What happened to that? The responsibility for that case should be the same avenue to use for anyone getting hurt there, and I understand the Town admitted liability. Be it person, or vehicle, without posted notices on those bridges, the community WILL pay!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scams 13 hr we no 10
News Five more people arrested from Lewis County dru... 14 hr ROFL 1
sierra baslow (Jan '14) 16 hr Unknown 8
Do you.. ? (Feb '16) 16 hr Waterplant 23
catfish rangerman Fri Thats funny 3
Fake cop Fri Neighbor 3
Justin hurley Fri Citizen 11

Thendara Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thendara Mortgages