Bubba

Gloversville, NY

#263 Mar 3, 2013
what now wrote:
Eight bids came in on Mr parkers $450,000 bridge. The lowest came in at $606,324 and the next lowest was 624,788.53. The other 5 bids were over our limit of $650,000. What now?
well changes have been made to the bridges , time has passed , and its still under the $ 711,000.00 that Bills Spectra proposed .. and if you think thats alot of money wait until you see what it costs for the bridge in Alder Creek , and if you say ( but thats not our money ) your an idiot ..... I've said it before the town board takes 5 minutes to spend $ 250,000 per year on health ins. for part timers , but fights for 2 years not to spend $ 40,000 a year for 20 years for everybody ...
right on

Clinton, NY

#264 Mar 3, 2013
Yep Bubba, you got that right.
Time to clean house!! Spring is just around the corner. An accounting is due.
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

#265 Mar 3, 2013
and to all of you people that signed the petition against the bridges , where was your petition against the $ 250,000.00 a year health costs , now tell us again it was so people could vote on this $40,000 a year that will cause our taxes to go up so bad ... I'm waiting
right on Bubba

Clinton, NY

#266 Mar 3, 2013
How many times have we, and others like us who take the good from this site, spoken to the issue of part time, TEMPORARY APPOINTEES, being given FULL TIME PERMANENT benefits????
Even an elected person is still TEMPORARY!!!!
The only recource available to the taxpayer is to NOT appoint/elect these people year after year. We cannot afford this. Even a good employee who has done a good job in the private sector, may find they have to do without those benefits soon in private industry. After learning the fiscal conditon this Nation finds itself in, THE TAXPAYERS MAY FIND THEY CAN NO LONGER AFFORD INS. FOR OTHERS, AND THEY SOON WILL FIND THEY CANNOT AFFORD THEIR OWN INSURANCE AND WILL HAVE TO SCRAPE THEIR OWN PLATES TO PAY FOR THEMSELVES.
What do you people not understand about Part-time APPOINTEES being paid Full-time benefits??
See you in line at the entrance to the POOR HOUSE. We can share our grubstakes together!

Wondering

Cheshire, CT

#267 Mar 3, 2013
Bubba wrote:
and to all of you people that signed the petition against the bridges , where was your petition against the $ 250,000.00 a year health costs , now tell us again it was so people could vote on this $40,000 a year that will cause our taxes to go up so bad ... I'm waiting
well said my friend....Common sense isn't so common anymore!!!!
No Tax

Utica, NY

#268 Mar 3, 2013
The bid packages are in and with all numbers added together the final number is $800,000.$800K that's a far cry from the first proposal that
P A R K E R and D I N N E R D A V E made which was "around 300k". Their original number is off by over 265%. The self proclaimed bridge engineer, "PARKER" and his 3 fiscally irresponsible board members endorsed the ripoff of the town by Parker and his sponsored engineer. The real laugh is that the first engineer that our Town Supervisor hired was right all along and those dumb dumbs probably don't even realize it yet!! How are those "3 board members" going to tell the people they made a mistake that cost the tax payers tens of thousands of dollars. Now if this bridge is going to continue to be built are we really going to go ahead with the PARKER PLAN or will we do the smart thing and fire the whole crew and go with the Engineer that was correct in the first place. Remember he said the bridge was going to cost a considerable amount more than the PARKER PLAN budget number. He has already been paid for his engineering just like the 2nd engineer (PARKER PLAN engineer). I almost forgot the PARKER PLAN engineer couldn't even get the dimensions of the bridge correct, whoops. Thanks to our Highway Superintendent being on the ball, he found the discrepancies and had the bridge dimensions on the bid packages changed after they had gone out to bid. I wonder it the PARKER PLAN engineer even made a site visit or if he doesn't know how to read a tape measure.
Late bloomer

Clinton, NY

#269 Mar 3, 2013
How could you have forgotten to THANK OUR HIGHWAY SUPT. for his neglect of these bridges.........how did they get that bad in the first place??? No regular maintenance that's how.
It was his responsibility. There is plenty of blame to go around. Why did you not get involved when it really mattered NO TAX? What were you doing all this time?
Document changed

Clinton, NY

#270 Mar 3, 2013
The Town of Forestport Highway Supt. changed the bridge dimensions on the bid packages AFTER THEY HAD GONE OUT TO BID??????
Are you an idiot or what????
No wonder he is taking his retirement and running!!!
SOMEONE BETTER CHECK YOUR STATEMENT OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!
Idiots abound.
Bubba

Lake Luzerne, NY

#271 Mar 3, 2013
No Tax wrote:
The bid packages are in and with all numbers added together the final number is $800,000.$800K that's a far cry from the first proposal that
P A R K E R and D I N N E R D A V E made which was "around 300k". Their original number is off by over 265%. The self proclaimed bridge engineer, "PARKER" and his 3 fiscally irresponsible board members endorsed the ripoff of the town by Parker and his sponsored engineer. The real laugh is that the first engineer that our Town Supervisor hired was right all along and those dumb dumbs probably don't even realize it yet!! How are those "3 board members" going to tell the people they made a mistake that cost the tax payers tens of thousands of dollars. Now if this bridge is going to continue to be built are we really going to go ahead with the PARKER PLAN or will we do the smart thing and fire the whole crew and go with the Engineer that was correct in the first place. Remember he said the bridge was going to cost a considerable amount more than the PARKER PLAN budget number. He has already been paid for his engineering just like the 2nd engineer (PARKER PLAN engineer). I almost forgot the PARKER PLAN engineer couldn't even get the dimensions of the bridge correct, whoops. Thanks to our Highway Superintendent being on the ball, he found the discrepancies and had the bridge dimensions on the bid packages changed after they had gone out to bid. I wonder it the PARKER PLAN engineer even made a site visit or if he doesn't know how to read a tape measure.
and where do you come up with $800,000 , the original number was about 450k , the engineering paid to Spectra was for the 2 lane bridges and had nothing to do with the one lane , and Spectras estimate was for $711,000 that is still over the $648,000 that will be the cost , and you know that Spectras cost would have been the same as first estimated ...and how come you arn't complaining about the $250,000 health costs ?
Bubba

Lake Luzerne, NY

#272 Mar 3, 2013
also the bridges were never brought up for repair until about 3 years ago , they have been flaged for years , so I don't put much faith in Mr Gardner he got the paper work from the state on the condition of the twins and what did he do ..........thats right nothing , no plan , no ideas , but their his bridges and hes so concerned , he found discrepancies wow , I don't think he can find crap if he stepped in it ....
Legal matter

Clinton, NY

#275 Mar 3, 2013
If someone (Gardner) changed the bid figures on the cost of the bridges, when did that take place and how could that have happened? But then it has also been said he has taken his retirement,(not sure of that) and may not have to answer a dang thing! It could not be legal if as said in the posting here that Gardner changed the bridge dimensions AFTER they had gone out to bid.
There has to be more than meets the eye going on here. Time to open this mess up and let the stink out.
It will come out, it will have to. The board must know what happened?
what now

Gloversville, NY

#277 Mar 3, 2013
Legal matter wrote:
If someone (Gardner) changed the bid figures on the cost of the bridges, when did that take place and how could that have happened? But then it has also been said he has taken his retirement,(not sure of that) and may not have to answer a dang thing! It could not be legal if as said in the posting here that Gardner changed the bridge dimensions AFTER they had gone out to bid.
There has to be more than meets the eye going on here. Time to open this mess up and let the stink out.
It will come out, it will have to. The board must know what happened?
Bill Garner found dimensions on the plans that "our" Engineer sent out that were wrong. That is the only changes that I know were made.
Cat in the Bag

Clinton, NY

#279 Mar 3, 2013
NO TAX posted that in here and sounded like whoever they were, they had the correct information about Gardner's changing something. Check the 4th line from the bottom of that post. I recall a discussion on here about walkway dimensions at the start of this project were questioned, maybe that was what they referred to. Any changes will result in a change in costs, that's for sure. The hidden problem may be more serious, the changing of ANY information or documents once the project cost was determined and approved for submission could have a much more serious fall out.
Next thing we will probably find out is that WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TWO LANE BRIDGES!!!!
My question is this: Why in he-- would there be any unknown last minute changes of this nature in the first place?? Did the Town Board initial the changes, or how and why did this come about?

You sound informed on these changes "WHAT NOW" SO is there more you can share with us to help us keep informed and updated on what may turn out to be a cat in the bag later that WE ALL will have to deal with?
who is OUR ENGINEER

Clinton, NY

#281 Mar 3, 2013
Please clarify that? By OUR ENGINEER do you mean the Town's ... who would be Spectra Engineering, or do you mean Zangrilli Engineering?
Were the Board members and the supervisor apprised of this change?
How critical is this issue?
chuck

Utica, NY

#282 Mar 3, 2013
i think thge supervisior and the highway SUPER LOL should be looked into by the state and arrested for all this BULLSHIT they are pulling on the public
Edd

Long Lake, NY

#284 Mar 4, 2013
I agree that its hard to understand how people can question the spending of about $ 40,000 a year , but don't question $ 250,000 a year , and I also don't know how the taxes will go up for about $ 40,000 a year but not for $ 250,000 a year , I wish I could , but I don't .
kim

Ardsley, NY

#285 Mar 5, 2013
Guarantee it's $800,000 before it all over
contract

Clinton, NY

#286 Mar 5, 2013
Please, someone, get to the bottom of this big question mark we are learning of concerning the CHANGE OF ANY WORDING IN A CONTRACT??
The higher price has to be there for a reason.
It has to be because of added costs for more work, materials and labor.
Besides, the Highway Supt. had no right nor authority to change anything, if in fact it did happen.
Who can get the REAL story here?
This could be very critical to you and me and everyone else who felt this was resolved the way the taxpayers wanted it to be and expressed that by our special vote.
PLEASE, SOMEONE, LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON?
Amazing

Newington, CT

#287 Mar 5, 2013
kim wrote:
Guarantee it's $800,000 before it all over
No big deal, just spend it like Obama does!
no answer

Clinton, NY

#288 Mar 5, 2013
That was no answer Amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Van Auken's? 7 hr Holland Pharm 1
accident (Jun '13) 9 hr Michelle 27
Scum beating on his gf 9 hr you got a crush 11
Lewis County Drug Dealing Scumbags Sun eeeedman 6
News Utica man sent to prison for Lowville Walmart t... (Aug '13) Sun Harry Bawls 14
Rene tuttle Sun so rude 5
just say no to that (Nov '15) Sat mind ur own 29

Thendara Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thendara Mortgages