Pulaski, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

damage wrote:
A while back, I understood from a reliable source, that an older person fell through the boards on the walkway. What happened to that? The responsibility for that case should be the same avenue to use for anyone getting hurt there, and I understand the Town admitted liability. Be it person, or vehicle, without posted notices on those bridges, the community WILL pay!!
The bridges were blocked off in the summer , now they are opened up so snowmobiles can cross , and thats all 4 bridges , if the snowmobile club has a policy to cover the bridges , they are liable , if not , its the town boards fault , a copy of the insurance policy should at the town hall ..as far as the person falling through the walkway , thats Bill Gardners responsability , as he stated at a board meeting they are his bridges ...
wonder

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ty bubba
his

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

He took piss poor care of HIS bridges didn't he people? Any he is running for Highway again?? In a rats you know what!!
concerned

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

no hes taken his pensioon and running PLUS his free health insurance
ship sinking

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Guess the taxpayers gravy train got derailed, or the ship is sinking...........
figures

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

That figures.
There may be more surprises on the horizon involving costs to the taxpayers, and the insurance premiums we pay for temporary, or appointed employees coverages.
I was shocked at the cost of personnel insurances for people working part time.
I don't begrudge people their benefits they are entitled to, but I would expect the board to keep the taxpayers expenses to a minimum, seek bids from competing companies, and get the best deal for us, the people they were elected to represent.
Fred

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

figures wrote:
That figures.
There may be more surprises on the horizon involving costs to the taxpayers, and the insurance premiums we pay for temporary, or appointed employees coverages.
I was shocked at the cost of personnel insurances for people working part time.
I don't begrudge people their benefits they are entitled to, but I would expect the board to keep the taxpayers expenses to a minimum, seek bids from competing companies, and get the best deal for us, the people they were elected to represent.
Find a company anywhere that pays health ins. to part time people , and you would be hard pressed to find a company that has retirement for part timers also , only in gov. jobs , I work full time and have to pay for my health ins. and the retirement is a 401 K the company matches 5% of what I put in , when do they become entitled , and if the board wanted to keep expenses down they would stop paying retirement and health care , but the board gets the ENTITLEMENTS so they are not going to stop sucking money from the taxpayers ...
concerned

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The bridges over the the river on cemetary road are wide open , seems to be vehicle tracks crossing them are they safe for travel or what?
Thats nuts

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

concerned wrote:
The bridges over the the river on cemetary road are wide open , seems to be vehicle tracks crossing them are they safe for travel or what?
If someone is driving a vehicle across them,there likely to end up in the river...The planks are not really safe enough for walking on, little lone drive a car on !!!!
Inquire

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Fred, we should try to get data from other communities who pay their appointed/elected officials and compare what benefits they are given. Not personal info. but general benefits paid, and their community's actual cost per employee.
We can do that I believe. Worth the try to find out how and if this can be done.
Also, tenure is important.
No one begrudges reasonable pay for reasonable hours worked, but I do question the rule or law concerning PART TIME/Temporary vs. FULL TIME/permanent hires.
I am sure some towns will share that with us.

As you all should have learned by now, this site CAN be a constructive tool for those who aren't petty minded and abusive. Sad to say that seems to be the trend lately, but rise about all that and do some GOOD postings on here.

Inquire

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Concerned, I suggest you contact the Highway Supt. first and then the County.
Fred

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Inquire wrote:
Concerned, I suggest you contact the Highway Supt. first and then the County.

I suggest you contact the trackside blazers , they are the ones that open the bridges for snowmobiles , its their problem and insurance ....
recall

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

It seems I recall that the Snowmobile club, the trailside blazers have insured those bridges for Snowmobilers. Not sure of this, but someone should be able to check that. Bubba posted something on this subject I believe
update

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Please update those of us who are still interested in the Twin Bridges contracts for repairs.
What is happening, and where are we in the process at this time?
Bridges

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Yes,I agree, please let us know what is happening re the bridges. Is the web page still available? Miss the updates that were so good to keep us clued in on progress, etc. Please put an address here so we can check the site again?
Thank you
what now

Indian Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Eight bids came in on Mr parkers $450,000 bridge. The lowest came in at $606,324 and the next lowest was 624,788.53. The other 5 bids were over our limit of $650,000. What now?
Pat

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

What now you say, get a going! Get it done all ready! Maybe if it gets drug out a few more months it can be up to $700,000.00 +! Common sense the more time they milk the higher the price! Just think if they had been done 2 or more years ago how much money could have been saved! Then again if the regular maintenance had been done look what could have been saved! JUST GET IT DONE ALREADY!!!!
big papa

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

it won't even get started until the "BOYS" get out of office you watch it "NOT HAPPENING" until then.
govt at its best

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Is this an example of Town Gov't. at it's best??
Priorities tossed aside, agenda's we know nothing of?
It has been proven that action FOR the PEOPLE and
TIME TAKES IT'S TOLL IN MANY WAYS..
THE FOCUS HAS NOT BEEN ON OPEN GOVERNMENT. The bridges were never a priority with the administration in place at the time a wise choice should have been made. WE ALL KNEW THAT WAS NOT WHERE THE FOCUS HAD BEEN RE; THE BRIDGES DIDN'T WE????
When will people pay attention and see to it that taxpayer's wishes are not tossed in the SH,,,,,, can?
You can't cry NOW over lost time and financial costs that a "couldn't care less" Supervisor and Company has cost us over this!!
GET THEM DONE!!!! Then wait until the next election!
Amazing

Agawam, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

what now wrote:
Eight bids came in on Mr parkers $450,000 bridge. The lowest came in at $606,324 and the next lowest was 624,788.53. The other 5 bids were over our limit of $650,000. What now?
Dumb question, Get-em to replacing the bridges!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal Mutilated at summer Rec. (Aug '12) 3 min Honestly 122
Forestport Issues/Concerns (Jan '10) 34 min Amazing 143
Cuomo at the State Fair 1 hr Bob 3
Forestport Planning Board 2 hr MTBTONC 39
Division St 3 hr zorro 8
Police: Suspect arrested after leaving debit ca... 5 hr welfare 2
Rookies 6 hr whelly 10

Search the Thendara Forum:
•••
•••