First Prev
of 14
Next Last
catmandoo

Charlotte, NC

#1 Apr 24, 2012
I hear the bridges can be rebuilt, but our town board won't get off their asses and get it done. I saw a painting by Fletch of a cool bridge that could be built in the same spot, but Bill H. wants some giant expensive thing named after him that we can't get the money for or nothing at all. What about us? I'm sick of this crap. Get us a damn bridge we can drive and walk over.
soldout

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 24, 2012
The bridges were pushed aside for other funding for the town.
really

Rome, NY

#3 Apr 24, 2012
What other funding for the town? Contrary to what's been spread around even the northern end of the town would like to see the bridges fixed or replaced! Named after Bill H is another story all together! What has he done to deserve anything being named after him other than maybe some made up drink that nobody will buy at one of the local gin mills or maybe some doughnut at one of the diners!! He is failing and needs to step down! He can stop grooming his boy John for supervisor too because no one will vote for him that knows him and those that don't know him will be informed about him!! Change is coming for the town in many ways and as they just found out they will not get their way every time!
other focus

Utica, NY

#5 Apr 25, 2012
According to todays Adirondack Express, the town has had other fish to fry re; the availablity, application and possible awarding of funds for the bridges.
It appears that a grant has been sent in for possible development funds to be used elsewhere in the town. It would have been nice if CAP-21 could have put work on the twin bridges in that grant application too. At least SOMETHING to help keep our bridges.
Townie

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2012
Bill H. has been working very hard to get the funding needed to get the bridges done. There is a lot of work, phone calls and paperwork that needs to be done to get the funding. The bridges will get done and will open again. People need to understand all the work that goes into getting this done the right way. I'd like to see the bridges open too, but I also want them to be done the right way so I can cross them and know they are safe. Certain people need to stop the crap talk. Maybe you should have gotten an engineer degree and you would know how dangerous these bridges actually are. We'll cross that bridge again.
Old Time Lyonsdaler

Champlain, NY

#7 Apr 26, 2012
Parker Snead wrote:
THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING TO VIEW THE BRIDGE PROPOSAL MADE BY THE SAVE THE TWIN BRIDGES COMMITTEE ON MAY 9th AT 6:30. THE ENGINEERS AND THE BRIDGE BUILDER WILL BE THERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO COME AND SUPPORT US IN OUR EFFORTS TO GET THESE BRIDGES REPLACED. THE BOARD WILL VOTE ON THE BRIDGES THE FOLLOWING WEDSNDAY.MAY 16th. A STRONG SHOWING AT BOTH MEETINGS IS KEY. PARKER SNEAD
Over 20 years ago, the Town of Lyonsdale put a BAILY BRIDGE over the river, by the Lyonsdale Paper Mill, it was less expensive then a regular bridge, it was put in very fast and is still there today in very good condition. Check with the Army corp of engineers, at Fort Drum or your Congress person. Just a suggestion.
Positive Post

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 26, 2012
And, thank you too, Parker!!
native

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2012
where are they going to get the $840,000,00
failing

Rome, NY

#12 Apr 27, 2012
Had money been put into the bridge fund, assuming there still is one,as it should have been it seems the 24,500.00 should have been there!
what say

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 27, 2012
A community usually does not have more than one new grant/funding agency going at the same time. The possibility thins out if the Town has been receiving or is going to receive funds from state or federal sources for projects. Has anyone found out why the TIGER grant was not approved? That answer may help understand why the funding of the CAP 21 project and the twin bridges may be overload at this point in time.
native

United States

#16 Apr 27, 2012
If you read the minutes they put in for 1.9 mil.from the tiger grant for the bridges and 220,000 for the black river revitalation project from parks and recreation .
HOLD THAT TIGER

Utica, NY

#17 Apr 27, 2012
I like to see these things for myself. As I read the information in the request for proposal and for the submission of the application for funds for Forestport Twin Bridges it clearly states that matching funds were not sent along with that grant, as requested in the grant application.
I find it difficult to believe that when the grant paperwork clearly required a financial contribution, that this was NOT with the submission.....
NO WONDER IT WAS NOT FUNDED...'
WHY DID THAT HAPPEN THAT WAY?
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS NEGLECT?
The town should be ashamed that happened!!
Minutes from Oct 11th

Utica, NY

#18 Apr 27, 2012
These minutes are available from the Town of Forestport Web Site, under Board Meeting Minutes.
It shows the financial condition of our town as of that date. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ISSUE HERE.....
WAS THIS INTENTIONAL?
minute oops

Utica, NY

#19 Apr 27, 2012
sorry for the duplicate here. I was so upset my fingers were shaky.
Checkitout

Utica, NY

#21 Apr 28, 2012
You can access that grant application by typing in your browser window the following:

West Central Adirondacks Housing Needs Assessment

Go to Page 89

Information is documented under Catalyst 3

You also can locate the Town of Forestport financial reports if you care to search.

Use your computer for constructive things, not tearing people apart.
Checkitout

Utica, NY

#22 Apr 28, 2012
In chatting with others in the community, this existence of this submission/proposal was totally unknown to them. Community awareness brings consensus. I don't believe that was done locally. I know by the news after the fact that a group gathered up in Old Forge and perhaps that was considered the hearing. It was done in OLD FORGE the night of our TOWN BOARD MEETING.
In all fairness, who, if anyone, was at that meeting in Old Forge???
Checkitout

Utica, NY

#23 Apr 28, 2012
Now the next question is ..... re: the financial reports over the past few years can be accessed also. I hope the red inked figures will print for you.
Check Office of State Comptroller

After you have searched enough you will have a much clearer picture on this situation that would not have been known otherwise.

I hope your printer picks up the color RED
failing

Rome, NY

#26 Apr 28, 2012
Is it time?? Is someones health compromising their decisions? Any town… officer, except a justice of the peace, may be removed from office by the supreme court for any misconduct, maladministration, malfeasance or malversation in office. An application for such removal may be made by any citizen resident of such town … or by the district attorney of the county in which such town … is located, and shall be made to the appellate division of the supreme court held within the judicial department embracing such town …. Such application shall be made upon notice to such officer of not less than eight days, and a copy of the charges upon which the application will be made must be served with such notice.
Hopeful

Utica, NY

#27 Apr 28, 2012
I am hopeful that it will not come to anything like that. Our supervisor should know when it is time to move on, and when his health is at stake.
I hope he steps down of his own accord.
WHY

United States

#28 Apr 28, 2012
You people are crazy. Just because someone has a differnt idea of what should be done about the bridges, you want to ruin his reputation, get him thrown out of office, and shame him, after everything he has done for this town and yes he has done alot, alot more than any of you. What makes you opinion so much better than anybody elses
opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr friv4school 6,466
Manure Trucks That Go Thru Lowville 1 hr HillbillY 19
Family of Kevin Ward, Jr. issues statement 2 hr Stewart-Haas Racing 247
OMG! Ward Family Now Post Newspaper BS! "Ward W... 4 hr muddaX3 2
Teen who escaped police custody in Lowville on ... 4 hr Troubadour 1
Lewis County, Chamber of Commerce launch new we... 4 hr Troubadour 1
Reena and Josh 4 hr reena rogers 4
Thendara Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Thendara Jobs

Thendara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE