Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
MAY meeting minutes

Remsen, NY

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Those May 2012 meeting minutes sure are interesting.
I am suddenly very skeptical of not staying with Spectra. Remind me again Parker, Bill Karn and Bob Seager why Spectra wasn't chosen after they had already been given thousands of dollars.
Through all this conversation on topix, there were innuendo over and over again about Bill Hanenauer being "vested somehow" with Spectra.
I'm feeling like three people might have something vested in Zangrilli....they hadn't even come up with a formal bid at that point.
Edd

Gloversville, NY

#3 Jan 17, 2013
MAY meeting minutes wrote:
Those May 2012 meeting minutes sure are interesting.
I am suddenly very skeptical of not staying with Spectra. Remind me again Parker, Bill Karn and Bob Seager why Spectra wasn't chosen after they had already been given thousands of dollars.
Through all this conversation on topix, there were innuendo over and over again about Bill Hanenauer being "vested somehow" with Spectra.
I'm feeling like three people might have something vested in Zangrilli....they hadn't even come up with a formal bid at that point.
If you have the paper that was given at the meeting you would see that Spectra wanted 30K for specs for the one lane bridge , on top of the 65K Spectra got for the 2 lane specs....and the estimate for the one lane bridge from Zangrilli was 415K with a sidewalk and Spectras estimate was 581K with out a sidewalk , Bill H. stated at the meeting that night that we should stay with spectra because it was about the same money , Zangrillis estimate was 457K with specs and Spectras was 611K with specs , is that about the same money , I was there I don't have to look at minutes ...
I was there too

Johnstown, NY

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Edd wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have the paper that was given at the meeting you would see that Spectra wanted 30K for specs for the one lane bridge , on top of the 65K Spectra got for the 2 lane specs....and the estimate for the one lane bridge from Zangrilli was 415K with a sidewalk and Spectras estimate was 581K with out a sidewalk , Bill H. stated at the meeting that night that we should stay with spectra because it was about the same money , Zangrillis estimate was 457K with specs and Spectras was 611K with specs , is that about the same money , I was there I don't have to look at minutes ...
Zangrillis 415k bid ended up being 490k plus 42k for drawing the specs for a 15'7" BRIDGE. That comes out to 532k. Spectra bid of 581k was for a 17' bridge which was what the TOWN BOARD (All of the town board) asked for. Now Zangrilli states that it would cost another 100k to 150k more than his bid of 532k making his bid for a 17' bridge 632k to 682k. Sounds like a bait and switch to me.
Edd

Gloversville, NY

#5 Jan 17, 2013
and you think Spectras estimate would not have gone up . and they were both estimates for the same bridge , the walkway would be another 100K as stated by Spectra at the meeting ...
Paul

Gloversville, NY

#6 Jan 17, 2013
I was there too wrote:
<quoted text>
Zangrillis 415k bid ended up being 490k plus 42k for drawing the specs for a 15'7" BRIDGE. That comes out to 532k. Spectra bid of 581k was for a 17' bridge which was what the TOWN BOARD (All of the town board) asked for. Now Zangrilli states that it would cost another 100k to 150k more than his bid of 532k making his bid for a 17' bridge 632k to 682k. Sounds like a bait and switch to me.
It seems funny to me that people are worried about the money for the bridges , but they don't seem to care that the town spends about $250,000 a year for health insurance for 14 part time employees , the town is having a special meeting on this Jan. 30th at 6pm , if your so worried about your tax dollars , get your butts to the meeting and do somthing about it ....
Please share

Rome, NY

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Paul, please share the data from the Jan 30th meeting re: health care insurance.
I just saw this post, and while it was January, this is still during a time when finances for the bridges may come into play and most certainly I would hope there was no "FLUFF" in the health care expenses for PART TIME EMPLOYEES.

Perhaps since there is so much going on, that the taxpayers need to have information about, it would seem that a group should get together to be sure accurate information flows to us all.

Hard at times to know what directions to follow to get a smoother ride when you are on a bumpy road.
Thanks for your input Paul, we would know nothing about that info without your posting here.
Paul

Old Forge, NY

#8 Jan 20, 2013
I was there too wrote:
<quoted text>
Spectras estimate was 711K at the May meeting still more than Zangrillis , if you are going to question things , at least do it right ..
find out

Rome, NY

#9 Jan 20, 2013
People need to go to the Town Hall, have those being paid well for their positions gather any and all information available to the public and then get out our steno pad and pencil and figure things out for yourself.
If you sit at home, behind your computer, and DO NOT FIND THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELF, then you will always be subject to the opinions of others who may have an agenda that is totally theirs, for their reasons, for their purpose, for their personal gain, that taxpayers are unaware of.
The Twin Bridges are an example of what had been going on before the people were even aware so there was no choice allowed them. Only a few knew about the plans and money being spent before hand.

When will people learn that WE are the community, the taxpayers, the providers of funds.
If you have questions, get to town hall and look at things for yourself. We all pay the ticket, but only a few get to ride.

Mr.Snead has been an example for any taxpayer who had questions. He went to the source! If the answers didn't make sense, then he went further. WE ALL HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THAT SAME THING.
I applaud people who worked to bring factual data to the board meeting about the bridge problems.
I AM SURE MANY OF YOU WERE SHOCKED AT WHAT HAS BEEN REVEALED.
AND, there is more yet to be found and identified.
Read over these posts on here. They are indication of behind the scenes control for quite some time and yet we trusted our elected officials to care for our best interests.
WELL, SO MUCH FOR THAT..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thendara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forestport Issues/Concerns (Jan '10) 4 hr pay attention 157
k $ B power wash and landscape 14 hr ghost 11
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 14 hr jon 6,409
i need advice 19 hr Pete Recker 2
Rude People in Old Forge (Sep '11) 22 hr Agree 25
the dirt bags of forestport (Aug '13) Sat Just wow 16
Family of Kevin Ward, Jr. issues statement Sat For The Record 160
•••
•••
•••