Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 180264 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128869 Apr 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish people are still intact to this day in the same land (Israel), more proof for you
Even more proof!
God told Moses that His people would turn away, and God would scatter them to the four corners of the earth, into every nation, and then bring them back!
POOF!
1948 in one day Israel was a nation again!
I might also add... it was during a four blood moon event!
God is good, and faithful!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128870 Apr 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Like one-time high ranking Cardinal O'Brien - leader of millions of Christians.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-2688345...
See if you can identify the "Key" word in this sentence?

"The Vatican is to investigate claims of sexual misconduct which led to the resignation of Cardinal Keith O'Brien, it has emerged"

I'll let you have a clue!
It nullifies this sentence....
" leader of millions of Christians"
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128871 Apr 21, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as if Reps and Dems are sports stars... as long as it's your team they can do no wrong. Biullcrap.
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." -Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
You think that stalling bills is any different than filibustering and killing House bills solely because of partisanship? You think that every one of those bills was written for the "good of the people?" Yer out of your mind. I'm no fan of Reid or of his holding legislation hostage, but which party is it that held their own political hum-buggery as more important than the country's status when push came to shove on the debt ceiling? Yours.
Reid himself plays it real close to the chest about his personal income. What we do know for certain is that Romney conceals his finances and has paid in a far lower amount versus income than any president since FDR. Neither Reid nor Romney display the fiscal transparency and accountability we should demand from public leaders.
You don't learn sht, clown. You're nothing but a cheerleader.
Hahahahaha!
I cannot win an argument with an Obama fan!
I learned that from Fox.... It's as true today, as when I first heard about it!
Good day!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#128872 Apr 21, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny part is....
If I wanted to learn about rebuilding a Kawasaki 900,
I'd do what it took to find out how to do it!
Reading the Book, and talking to people who have done it!
I wouldn't close my eyes, and ears, and Scream at the top of my lungs
to those that have done it "IT CANNOT BE DONE!"
Then calling them Delusional, crazy, or ignorant!
The fact is.... They really do not want to KNOW what we know...
They'd have to admit they were wrong!
Knowing erases Ignorance, and wisdom erases foolishness!
Absolutely.

You read about rebuilding a Kawasaki from people who have done it, people who have peer tested it and people who amassed mounds of evidence to show that this method works.

I trust that when you want to read about humankind (past and present), the universe, biology and rocks; you put down that bible and pick up books by anthropologists, astro-physicists, biologists and geologists.

Wisdom erases foolishness?

What does the Bible tell us about wisdom?

Well, one story recounts how Solomon wished for wisdom. God granted his wish by making Solomon the wisest person who ever lived or would ever live.

So, having established that Solomon was the wisest person ever, it naturally follows that whatever Solomon does from here on in would be the wisest thing to do.

Absolutely. Solomon, the wisest person who ever lived or will live started worshipping other gods and goddesses (Ashtoreth, Milcom, Moab, Molech. Ammon and Chemosh being a few examples).

I'm not as wise as Solomon (he was the wisest of the wise) but worshipping other gods must be the wisest thing to do.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128873 Apr 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
You read about rebuilding a Kawasaki from people who have done it, people who have peer tested it and people who amassed mounds of evidence to show that this method works.
I trust that when you want to read about humankind (past and present), the universe, biology and rocks; you put down that bible and pick up books by anthropologists, astro-physicists, biologists and geologists.
Wisdom erases foolishness?
What does the Bible tell us about wisdom?
Well, one story recounts how Solomon wished for wisdom. God granted his wish by making Solomon the wisest person who ever lived or would ever live.
So, having established that Solomon was the wisest person ever, it naturally follows that whatever Solomon does from here on in would be the wisest thing to do.
Absolutely. Solomon, the wisest person who ever lived or will live started worshipping other gods and goddesses (Ashtoreth, Milcom, Moab, Molech. Ammon and Chemosh being a few examples).
I'm not as wise as Solomon (he was the wisest of the wise) but worshipping other gods must be the wisest thing to do.
IF you read the rest of the story.... you see what happened to him when he done that!
You might even read Ecclesiastes too!

I doubt you'll do that, as you might just see the vanity in your postings!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128874 Apr 21, 2014
Ezekiel 23

23:1 The word of the LORD came again to me, saying,
23:2 Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one
mother:
23:3 And they committed lewd deeds in Egypt; they committed lewd
deeds in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and
there they were first corrupted.
23:4 And the names of them [were] Aholah the elder, and Aholibah
her sister: and they were mine, and they bore sons and
daughters. Thus [were] their names; Samaria [is] Aholah, and
Jerusalem Aholibah.
23:5 And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she
doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians [her] neighbors.
23:6 [Who were] clothed with blue, captains and rulers, all of
them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses.
23:7 Thus she committed her lewd deeds with them, with all them
[that were] the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she
doted: with all their idols she defiled herself.
23:8 Neither left she her lewd deeds [brought] from Egypt: for
in her youth they lay with her, and they first corrupted her,
and poured their impurities upon her.
23:9 Wherefore I have delivered her into the hand of her lovers,
into the hand of the Assyrians, upon whom she doted.
23:10 These uncovered her nakedness: they took her sons and her
daughters, and slew her with the sword: and she became famous
among women; for they had executed judgment upon her.
23:11 And when her sister Aholibah saw [this], she was more
corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her
prostitutions more than her sister in [her] prostitutions.
23:12 She doted upon the Assyrians [her] neighbors, captains and
rulers clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding upon horses,
all of them desirable young men.

continued
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128876 Apr 21, 2014
23:34 Thou shalt even drink it, and empty it to the dregs, and
thou shalt break its pieces, and pluck off thy own breasts: for
I have spoken [it], saith the Lord GOD.
23:35 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast
forgotten me, and cast me behind thy back, therefore bear thou
also thy lewdness and thy prostitutions.
23:36 The LORD said moreover to me; Son of man, wilt thou judge
Aholah and Aholibah? yes, declare to them their abominations;
23:37 That they have committed adultery, and blood [is] in their
hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and
have also caused their sons, whom they bore to me, to pass for
them through [the fire], to devour [them].
23:38 Moreover this they have done to me: they have defiled my
sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.
23:39 For when they had slain their children to their idols,
then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it;
and lo, thus have they done in the midst of my house.
23:40 And furthermore, that ye have sent for men to come from
far, to whom a messenger [was] sent; and lo, they came: for
whom thou didst wash thyself, paint thy eyes, and deck thyself
with ornaments,
23:41 And sattest upon a stately bed and a table prepared before
it, upon which thou hast set my incense and my oil.
23:42 And a voice of a multitude being at ease [was] with her:
and with the men of the common sort [were] brought Sabeans from
the wilderness, who put bracelets upon their hands, and
beautiful crowns upon their heads.
23:43 Then said I to [her that was] old in adulteries, Will they
now commit lewd deeds with her, and she [with them]?
23:44 Yet they went in to her, as they go in to a woman that
playeth the harlot: so they went in to Aholah and to Aholibah,
the lewd women.
23:45 And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the
manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed
blood; because they [are] adulteresses, and blood [is] in their
hands.
23:46 For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will bring up a company
upon them, and will give them to be removed and plundered.
23:47 And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch
them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their
daughters, and burn their houses with fire.
23:48 Thus will I cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that
all women may be taught not to do after your lewdness.
23:49 And they shall recompense your lewdness upon you, and ye
shall bear the sins of your idols: and ye shall know that I
[am] the Lord GOD.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128877 Apr 21, 2014
Praise God!
Amen!

Cambridge, UK

#128878 Apr 21, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>See if you can identify the "Key" word in this sentence?
"The Vatican is to investigate claims of sexual misconduct which led to the resignation of Cardinal Keith O'Brien, it has emerged"
I'll let you have a clue!
It nullifies this sentence....
" leader of millions of Christians"
See if you can identify the "Key" word in my original post which already stated what you're saying.....
Khatru wrote:
Like one-time high ranking Cardinal O'Brien - leader of millions of Christians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-2688345...

Cambridge, UK

#128879 Apr 21, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>IF you read the rest of the story.... you see what happened to him when he done that!
You might even read Ecclesiastes too!
I doubt you'll do that, as you might just see the vanity in your postings!
What happened to him afterwards is hardly relevant

The Bible says that God made Solomon the wisest person who ever lived or ever will live.

This is even wiser than you and curious.

What did he do when he attained this pinnacle of wisdom?

He ditched Jehovah and took up worshipping a slew of other gods.

The story here is that before he had his wisdom, he worshipped Jehovah and once he became the wisest person who ever lived or is yet to live, he worshipped other gods.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#128880 Apr 21, 2014
ChristWarrior wrote:
<quoted text> I made a mistake saying that it was 100 million Christians, but many of the 100 million victims were. So by opposing the Bolshevik regime, they deserved to be massacred? Also, how does it not make sense? Jews are an ethno-religious group. They can be ethnically Jew, religiously Jew, or both. Leon Trotsky supported the killing of Christians, but it was only once Stalin (who was not a Jew) came to power that Jews were targeted as well. Many of the Bolsheviks believed that they could use Stalin as a puppet, but they soon realized that he was against all religious factions, including ethno-religious groups. This is the only time that Trotsky objected to the genocidal methods of the Soviet Union. It was a plot by Jewish Bolsheviks, it is just that too many historians today are too afraid of going against political correctness to mention this fact. I do not believe that all Jews are anti-Christian, by the way. Most Jews are good hearted people. You put Hitler in the same category as Mao and Stalin, implying that he was an atheist in your previous statement.
I don't understand your point. If it's just antisemitism why don't you come right out and say it? You seem to be of a mind that the Russian purges were 90% based on Jews trying to eradicate Christianity and that Trotsky the disgruntled non-religious Jew was the major driving force behind it. History doesn't back you.

"Christian warriors" often counter with "atheists Hitler, Mao and Stalin" in one breath when Judeo Christian atrocities are brought up.(ie. the global flood, the Levites slaughtering at Mt. Sinai, the inquisitions, the crusades, the witch trials, etc.) Several agnostics have pointed out that Hitler was raised as a Christian and that as a choirboy he even contemplated going into the priesthood.. It is the religies who claim he was a bloodthirsty atheist.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128881 Apr 21, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahaha!
I cannot win an argument with an Obama fan!
I learned that from Fox.... It's as true today, as when I first heard about it!
Good day!
I've repeatedly told you that I'm not an Obama fan.
You can't win an argument because yer too brain damaged to recognize reality. You only see and hear what you want to see and hear. That's is why you love Faux News and televangelists..

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#128882 Apr 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the basis for your reasoning and that is precisely the problem.
You , Yiago and Pre K want me to fall into the trap of answeing a questio framed on your arheist beliefs, where you choose to omit the reasons and objectives given for the Jews entering into the covenant with God.
I don't care if you don't believe in God or the objectives and reasons as to why they entered into said agreement.
List ALL the pertinent information , then I will deal with answering it.
I know why you want to avoid going down that road . You have attempted to circumvent what you believe my response will be in some of your other posts.... Attempting to justify your answer to a question I have not yet asked.... and may not ask....
I will admit , you, Yiago and pre K are very adept at twisting and omitting relevant facts in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage.
Cry , complain and whine all you want. You all prepared the snare , but this bird is not going to fly into it..........
We will play on a level playing field or not play at all
A covenant is not moral reasoning. It does nothing to explain why a rule is good or bad. You cannot discern if a rule is good or bad because you agreed to it.

Your inability to show the moral reasons spelled out in the bible show me I am correct. There is none to show. No trap needed. You complete the mission. You cannot show what is not there. The funny part is, you refuse to admit it is not there. With each dodge, you confirm my point, no moral reasoning is in the bible. It is a book of rules by a dictator god who supposedly freed slaves for a ransom of lifetime worship and obedience with no moral reasoning given for his rules.

It seems obvious no god made rules, but the leaders of these people did. They simply claimed it was a god. They had zero evidence to show it was a god, so they insisted you must have faith to replace the evidence with. You fell for it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128883 Apr 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookk it up and figure it out for yourself... The answer is there for those who are able to discern it.
If it has to be explained to you, you'd still not be able to grasp it
We know your focus is atheism, not the Christianity you claim to believe in, so it is understandable you refuse to defend it.
Now continue obsessing with atheism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128884 Apr 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL There you go again, a confused mind expressing opinions that he knows to be false and hoping against hope that he may be right.
The many who attend go there with the specific objective of celebrating the Ressurection of their Lord and Saviour. The 20 % of Atheists who attend religious services on a weekly basis
are well aware of the message that will be delivered. Obviously they are willing to listen to that message.
They are there searching for those things that atheism can not provide
As a result they will experience the tremendous joy and peace of mind that will be experienced by those present.
They will be told that life has a meaning and a purpose , as God intended and Christ so aptly expressed . " I have come so you may have life and in its fulness
Compare that to attending an atheist service , where you will be told that we are here as the result of some unproven accident, that life has no meaning and that your descendants were great Apes . Not much to rejoice about and much to make you depressed
I ,also am sure that they are not there for superstitious reasons , They are there to worship their creator. The 20% of atheists in attendance are there searching for answers that Atheism
is totally unable to provide.
He Is Risen and is Lord of All
I gave my opinion and you give yours here. I stand by my statement.
I find it funny you feel you know what is said at atheist services. Are you attending?

I am well aware religion claims you have a purpose for living that is not evident. It is just like all the claims of religion. They are not evidenced. As far as I am concerned, it is an empty promise.

I find it funny when I ask Christians what this special purpose is, they have no answer. Do you have one?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128885 Apr 21, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Motorcycles are real. Chilton's are real. Wrenches are real.

Reading the Book doesn't fix delusional, crazy and ignorant and those things cannot be repaired through the delusion, insanity and ignorance of those who have it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128886 Apr 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
20% of atheists goto church every week?
Where did you pull this *fact* from?
Well I just looked up a stat that says 25% of Christians attend church weekly.
Now what does that say of believers?
Woman

Pecatonica, IL

#128887 Apr 21, 2014
Go Hillary!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128888 Apr 21, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
This is the reason Curious refuses to answer questions? Sorry, your logic does not follow.
We are asking the questions as you claimed you would do. We do read the bible.
So it seems you and Curious just do not wish us to know what you believe.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128889 Apr 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to him afterwards is hardly relevant
The Bible says that God made Solomon the wisest person who ever lived or ever will live.
This is even wiser than you and curious.
What did he do when he attained this pinnacle of wisdom?
He ditched Jehovah and took up worshipping a slew of other gods.
The story here is that before he had his wisdom, he worshipped Jehovah and once he became the wisest person who ever lived or is yet to live, he worshipped other gods.
Seems the lesson here is, do not become wise, or god will punish you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thelma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dictator Trump 16 min whisperinghope 92
Katrina 42 min dick 5
Where's george 2 hr George Mollettes ... 1
Who is in a motorcycle club 2 hr Perfectly put 4
timmmber 3 hr town drunks 4
What a mom 3 hr Somebody sounds 3
Inez Baldridge advice 6 hr i got money 4

Thelma Jobs

Personal Finance

Thelma Mortgages