Hammond Five is alive

“Never let your fear”

Since: Apr 11

decide your fate

#13714 Apr 14, 2014
It's chilly, and we're having one last fire for the season in the woodstove. I love the woodstove heat so much. We have just enough firewood left for a small one.

“You can't kill time without”

Since: Jun 11

injuring eternity. Thoreau

#13715 Apr 14, 2014
Can y'all believe this chilly night? And I heard it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow night! My space heater is feeling good and I'm glad I still have the electric blanket on my bed.

:)

“Never let your fear”

decide your fate

#13717 Apr 14, 2014
Natalie wrote:
Sounds like everyone is enjoying the cold spell . My poor hubbie has gone back ward his illness he would not take a mucinedx and went to work came home so stopped up sneesing and blowing . I made him take one go to bed . Poor man , I worked out side today such fun .
I hope he feels better soon Natalie :)

My son was home sick today... but I am not sure if he was sick, or if he just didn't want to go to school. He was fine the rest of the day. I am ready for this school year to be over.

“There's No Place Like Home ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#13718 Apr 14, 2014
Well Thank You Old Man and you are a sweet gentleman.
Maybe I will get time to post tomorrow. My mom has a cold or something so I don't think I will visit tomorrow. My Aunt doesn't want me to catch it so we will go on a nicer day for all.

“E A D G B E”

Since: Oct 10

3rd String is the G String

#13719 Apr 16, 2014
Good frosty morning!
Did Mother Nature forget it's springtime? Or, is she playing games with us? The holler is covered in a blanket of white frost. Jack was very busy last night!

“Never let your fear”

decide your fate

#13720 Apr 16, 2014
There was frost on my windshield this morning when I went to take the kids to school, but washer fluid cleaned it off pretty quickly.

The kids normally take the bus to school, but I told them I would take them this morning. Keith missed school Monday so he had a ton of homework, and he didn't start it until after 9 last night. So it was 11:30 and we're STILL working on homework and he is SO tired, so I said how about I wake you up early before school and you can have an hour to get your homework done? I woke him up early and he got dressed and decided he would do his homework at school. Figures. He will probably get a detention for it though :( I wish I could home school.

#13721 Apr 16, 2014
Good morning, Everyone!

32 degrees here when I got up this morning! Don't you know there are lots of baby birdies shivering in their nests....chicks and ducklings and bunnies with frost on their fuzz too?

And speaking of the young ones....GM, I really sympathize with school children and the amount of homework they can get loaded down with. I've known nights when my son was in high school, when he would have been up all night long if I had not lent a hand. I always thought it would be a good idea if each teacher had one day a week when they could assign home work. When you add the extracurricular activities in....and a child needs a few of them too....their every minute is crammed full. I hope your son doesn't get the detention.

“E A D G B E”

Since: Oct 10

3rd String is the G String

#13722 Apr 16, 2014
I hope he doesn't get detention either.

“Never let your fear”

decide your fate

#13724 Apr 16, 2014
He didn't get a detention, but he did have to stay in at lunch and recesses and finish his work. I had to complain to the principal after the beginning of the year because his teacher was PILING on the homework. And I mean it was ridiculous. The final straw was when she assigned 10 pages of extra work in addition to the rest of the homework because they were talking. Keep in mind, these are 4th graders! I got to talking to other parents, and no one likes this teacher. She's married to the states attorney and no one wants to stand up to her. Well I have and I have no issue doing it either, she's a bully. I realize my child isn't perfect, but she doesn't have to be such a hag either. She went so far as to tell me my son was lazy. Anyway, I got to talking to the other parents and found out that she assigns way more homework than the other 4th grade teachers. So I wrote a letter to the principal and had a talk with her, I told her we were having to do homework for hours, and I don't remember what else I said, but after that, the homework was a LOT less, thankfully. I am ready for this school year to be over.

Location hidden

#13725 Apr 16, 2014
Natalie, I hope you are feeling 100% better before your vacation. I just tried to win a trip to Busch Gardens, be about the only way I will ever travel again.
Glad he didn't get detention,Grey Mustang.
Dickens, you brighten up everyday with your cheery positive posts.
Misty, are the signs good to plant Friday? We are going to keep the boys Friday, first time in a long time. I think the older one knows about the Easter Bunny. It will be hard for me to keep from smiling when I talk to him.

#13726 Apr 17, 2014
Jem1957 wrote:
Natalie, I hope you are feeling 100% better before your vacation. I just tried to win a trip to Busch Gardens, be about the only way I will ever travel again.
Glad he didn't get detention,Grey Mustang.
Dickens, you brighten up everyday with your cheery positive posts.
Misty, are the signs good to plant Friday? We are going to keep the boys Friday, first time in a long time. I think the older one knows about the Easter Bunny. It will be hard for me to keep from smiling when I talk to him.
Good afternoon, Jem, Natalie, GM, Pepper, Moth Woman, Misty, OMB, Gamer, Wabbit, PDitty....I hope I'm not leaving anyone out....I want you all to know I am thinking of you on this beautiful spring day.

Natalie, I hope you will start feeling better very soon. When do you leave on your vacation? I hope you will feel 100% better by then so you and hubby can have a wonderful time!

Jem, your kind words are very much appreciated.

You know, I never could encourage my little boy to believe in the Easter Bunny. I had so much fun making Santa Claus seem real to him, but I knew I couldn't keep a straight face trying to tell him about a candy-delivering bunny. He enjoyed his Easter baskets filled with candy and little surprises but he always knew to thank me for them. If I had tried to persuade him about the Easter Bunny, I know he would have seen on my face that I was lying.

Location hidden

#13729 Apr 17, 2014
Natalie wrote:
Jem where we stay in Gulf Shores has a kitchenette in it in some rooms . That's is what I pick because I fix breakfast . I pack up frying pans bacon and eggs are my breakfast staple . Not every where makes breakfast and if you can get you cant always eat it . Lunch and dinner are always good . I think I am saying you can travel on a budget you just have to be careful . We are careful because I always want more than one vacation . I think we are going to the outer banks this fall .
Actually that sounds like where we did stay down there,Natalie. But it came equipped with dishes, don't remember if they had pans or not. I think the name was Plaza Beach Resort at St Pete Beach.

#13730 Apr 18, 2014
It's Good Friday, and a beautiful, warm day.

I hope everyone feels fine, and that includes you most of all, Natalie...I hope you have that allergy attack beat. You've got a vacation to do up right! I wish I was going with you!

GM, Misty, Jem, Pepper.....all you ladies with young ones in your homes and sweet grandchildren coming....I hope you have so much fun with Easter egg hunts and candy-filled baskets and Easter Sunday finery. I'm going grocery shopping later today and candy is on my list....I'm going to surprise my grown son with his old Easter basket filled with goodies. I think he will get a kick out of it, don't y'all?

I hope everyone enjoys this special day and has a blessed Easter.

moth woman

Logan, WV

#13732 Apr 18, 2014
good afternoon hammond friends, the holler is dressed in its easter best, redbud, forsythia, & dogwood blooming.
dickens, i'm so glad the weather is nice for all the children hunting easter eggs. i have the g-kid's baskets ready, and yes, i have one for my son & his wife too!
have a blessed easter everybody!

#13733 Apr 18, 2014
moth woman wrote:
good afternoon hammond friends, the holler is dressed in its easter best, redbud, forsythia, & dogwood blooming.
dickens, i'm so glad the weather is nice for all the children hunting easter eggs. i have the g-kid's baskets ready, and yes, i have one for my son & his wife too!
have a blessed easter everybody!
Moth Woman, I bet the holler is breathtaking in the spring time! I picture it as a wild and woodsy place decked out in blossoms fair.

I had fun this afternoon shopping for Easter candy at Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store. My son likes sweets as much as I do so he's going to enjoy his basket. I also bought a tube of Crest toothpaste and a new toothbrush to lay among the goodies....he'll need to scrub those toothies good after all those sweets! I think that will put a grin on his face!

I hope you have a beautiful, blessed Easter too! I know you will have fun with the grand-kiddies!

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#13735 Apr 18, 2014
Natalie wrote:
Everyone have a blessed Easter .
You to Natalie :)

Posters need to post to Natalie`s posts, So when her original one goes 'POOF' it`ll still be here cause one of us posted to it :)

#13736 Apr 18, 2014
Natalie wrote:
Everyone have a blessed Easter .
Are you feeling better, Natalie? I hope so, in time for lots of wonderful Easter fun!

“Hopping around Topix”

On The Highway To Hell

#13738 Apr 18, 2014
Natalie wrote:
Thanks Wabbit
Your Welcome :) Natalie i`m gonna ask you if your posting PI ? any where on Topix to please quit and maybe your posts will quit going ''POOF'' and maybe real soon you can get a profile back!! Now hope everyone has a good nights sleep or I hope I can anyway :)

“Hopping around Topix”

On The Highway To Hell

#13739 Apr 18, 2014
Just let me say everyone knows how I feel about posting PI, I don`t post anyone`s and don`t think anyone else`s should be posted either!!

Location hidden

#13740 Apr 18, 2014
I would like to wish my friends a Happy Easter also and thanks for sharing your candy Emma.
We need to keep Gamer and his family in our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thelma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy Price wants to sell homeless people houses 13 min greg 68
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Timothy 138,369
Legend of Reggies Lost Victoria Secrets Catalogs 17 min inspired 2
Drug house 2 hr Noah Rider 2
Kelley Conley 3 hr Matt 11
Kellie jones 3 hr Jared 8
Last post wins (Nov '10) 3 hr Sweepyface 21,606
More from around the web

Thelma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]