Trash on side of road
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
God

Winchester, KY

#21 Jul 22, 2013
Slapper John wrote:
So,your argument for your nasty habits is a smart elic attitude toward anyone who doesn't agree? Typical. And you all wonder why this town and this county continues to spiral down the toilet.
I suppose you think this areas problems are caused by people like me who dare point out you miserable, crappy lifestyles and how they detract from society? I suppose to you people, that's true. You don't care if this is an area that people might want to visit. You don't care if you have to wade trash waist deep into Walmart.
Is it really that tough to live with a little bit of morality?
Good Lord, I hate you idiots!
You sure do say HATE a lot. Not good. Change your ways.

“Old Dinner Bell”

Since: Mar 13

" Home Sweet Home "

#22 Jul 22, 2013
He's just a grumpy old man. You know how those old men are!
Slapper John

Salyersville, KY

#23 Jul 23, 2013
I'll admit to the grumpy old man rap. I've lived long enough to see the futility in the "redneck" type lifestyle. It's not the hunter/fisherman, laid back country living that I'm talking about. It's the predominate lifestyle these days of pain pills, self service, fake accent, just plain nasty hygiene that many of you proudly promote as Eastern KY. I know good and well, if you went through the county school system or even have a TV/Internet, you've been exposed to the civilized world.
That only leaves one to theorize that you purposefully have chosen to continue promoting this stereotype to the rest of the state and country.
You all act this way on purpose. There are trash cans at every gas station. If you can pay for pills, you can afford soap and clothes that fit.
buck

East Point, KY

#24 Jul 23, 2013
john i beleive you have some kind of a problem.what it is i dont know.but are you talking about trash soap or clothes. as for the trash get out and help pick it up dont get on here griping like you are because that wont help a thing.i do beleive you are the one that takes to many of their pills
Slapper John

United States

#25 Jul 23, 2013
Oh I do get out and pick it up. And I do think getting on here and ruffling some feathers will help. People might think about it the next time they get ready to heave their trash out onto the highway. If one person decides to throw it in a can, its been worth a couple minutes of my time.

I guess I do have a problem. It's not that I want to meddle in folk's affairs. I'm all for privacy. It's just that some of the people in this area. I don't see why they have to do these things that take away from a society in which were all supposed to have some responsibility.

If you want to buy private land and turn it into a dump, that's all you. But when you dump trash on the road, not only does it affect us all, it's also illegal.

Ever since I started posting on this forum about it, I've gotten pushback which I can only take as masked arguments to the contrary. In other words, you're arguing to litter. It's not a complex issue. I'm against throwing trash in the road. If you disagree, then you must be on favor of it. Simple.

I think where I hit home with some is when I start talking about the misplaced pride that these sort of activities represent our area. Why would you be proud of that?

I guess my problem is that what is viewed as cutesy ciulture, I view as negative traits from which we should be trying to escape.
Kay

Shelby, NC

#26 Jul 23, 2013
Did someone say Michigan dont have garbage on the side of the road?ha!ha! That place is a garbage can.But yea they are so many lazy people who live here .

“Old Dinner Bell”

Since: Mar 13

" Home Sweet Home "

#27 Jul 24, 2013
Kay wrote:
Did someone say Michigan dont have garbage on the side of the road?ha!ha! That place is a garbage can.But yea they are so many lazy people who live here .
So sorry to hear about your problem, and hope you get better soon.
Pit E Full

Chesterfield, MO

#28 Jul 24, 2013
Now just because someone has to hitchhike doesn't make them trash!
trash

Adams, KY

#29 Jul 24, 2013
Pit E Full wrote:
Now just because someone has to hitchhike doesn't make them trash!
do you have to hitchhike dear? you trash can you.
viva siempre

East Point, KY

#30 Jul 25, 2013
come on and take a free ride. be a good citizen and pick up a hitchhiker today.
Kay

Shelby, NC

#31 Aug 10, 2013
Bite me! old man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thelma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early sheriff campaign 10 min omg 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min DISSIDENT 166,352
Chet Tackett holler drugs 42 min Not fooling anybody 14
Johnson County is the Hub of drug trafficing 51 min aware 8
justin lewandoski 4 judge executive 1 hr Yoda 19
Trump fired Bannon 1 hr Breitbart is dang... 1
Ponderosa Apartments 1 hr Looking 1

Thelma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thelma Mortgages