Subdivision in Amarillo, Texas, bans convicted sex offenders from owning, living in new homes

Nov 23, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WNDU-TV South Bend

An Amarillo, Texas, subdivision has barred convicted sex offenders from owning or living in any new home in the community. via WNDU-TV South Bend

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gretchen

East Corinth, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Are the drunk drivers and shoplifters banned, too?
bjr from Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

So, exactly what do all you neo-Nazi's propose to do with sex offenders? Do you want to kill all of them? I understand about wanting to protect your children, but I think there is a different way to do this. It is called: Child education. Is this a totally new concept to you. My 10-year-old grandson knows exactly what to do if he is approached by anyone he feels is strange or uncomfortable. Education is more important than punishment in this particular instance.

However, I guess the prevalent attitude explains why Amarillo is often termed "the arm-pit of the State" by many more enlightened persons.
bjr from Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to say that I am aware that there is a very important civil law suit occurring in Amarillo regarding this issue. I take that situation into consideration.
Why

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

bjr from Texas wrote:
So, exactly what do all you neo-Nazi's propose to do with sex offenders? Do you want to kill all of them? I understand about wanting to protect your children, but I think there is a different way to do this. It is called: Child education. Is this a totally new concept to you. My 10-year-old grandson knows exactly what to do if he is approached by anyone he feels is strange or uncomfortable. Education is more important than punishment in this particular instance.
However, I guess the prevalent attitude explains why Amarillo is often termed "the arm-pit of the State" by many more enlightened persons.
Why don't you care about this happening in your own state? Should we just keep under the bridges like you all do?

miaminewtimes.com/2008-02-07/news/homeless-se...
Why

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

OOPPS....should we should be "can't we"
Texan Too

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Well bjr Texan, I guess we need to wait until those with that "armpit" attitudes start fading away. Slowly but surely, they will. They very much deserve the label.
bjr from Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Do you have an alternative place where these people are supposed to live? I hope so, because, they do have some legal protection. Isn't it enough that you notice everyone in your neighborhood of the presence of a sex offender? I know all of you teach your children about "Stranger, danger," don't you? Where, exactly, do you wish to have the sex offender live? Yes, I know -- in prison. But he has paid his dues, and the law says he is free. So, are you willing to take the law in your hands?

And, by the way, I am a mother of three children who grew up in Amarillo.
Ashton Morgan

Midland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

u guys have no idea what its like im 21 years old and i was arrested when i was 12 years old for a sexual crime and still dealing with the effects it brought me not able to get a job to feed my family to pay bills hell i could not even finish school u ass holes have no idea what hell ive been though because of ass holes like u ive completed every thing i had to to be free and because of people like you who say they love god and will never do any wrong im still not free u are all liers to your self and your belife why dont u guys try living in our shoes for once and yall want to know something the person i victumized i can see her and she still loves me and i her because she will always be my little sister

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

The Woodlands Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

The Woodlands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••