Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

Why in the hell does thayer need a new city hall? With the economy the way it is and people out of work and knowing that thayer and the county turned down the chance to bring in good paying jobs like Briggs and Stratton and Harley Davidson. That has got to be the most assine thing I ever heard. Did you hear about the German Company building a plant in Jonesboro and adding 600 jobs to build wind mills. That could of been here. The problem with Thayer is the good old boys club and the old family ties. People need to wake the blank up. How many people know that China right now is buying up 95 percent of the world's mineral supplies. Yet all we can do in this country is spend money we don't have and then have to borrow from China to keep us afloat. This country is dommed. Most people in this town especially younger ones, they have no idea what is going on. These same young ones can't even point on a map of the US the state they live in. This is sad. Our schools are doing a real good job ain't they. Yet people say we need to spend more on schools. The problem is the parents don't give a rats ass. It kills me to see all these young people around here with kids. Most are welfare babies. We have lost all sense of moral, values, and tradition. United we Stand or Divided we Fall.
funny

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Talks cheap. Name names of who is at falt and be counted.
Thayer Retiree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

I agree with you. Anyone wanting to come in this town with a business is told not interested, by our great city council. If it is not family forget it, talk about being close minded. The neopotism around here is pathetic. Anyone moving into this town better wake up and move on, do not settle here especially with children. There is nothing for them now or in the future. Unless these good ole boys get a wake up call and light a fire under their backsides nothing will change. They are stuck in the 50's and are loving it. This is a very depressed area and it is a sorry state of affairs.
aur56

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

We lived in Thayer for over 8 years and once our kids graduated from college, we moved because we knew our sons would never live in Thayer, because there are no jobs for them. So we moved to get closer to Springfield, and although we miss our friends from Thayer, the move is better since we see our kids alot more now. Thayer really needs to let jobs in since we can't be the only people to move because of lack of jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thayer Discussions

Search the Thayer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dirty skanky snitch 3 hr Paul Nierman 14
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,098
hair bows at tinks 6 hr janetB 1
wuz happen 10 hr Serious 3
Review: Crumpie 11-Point Smokehouse (Jan '13) Sat btynfrnk 8
drug bust Sat exwife 7
Kosh Mayor Race Hunt vs Lowe Jul 11 idiots 2
•••
•••
•••
Thayer Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••