Shunter4

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Where does one go when they have been bounced to the curb with no place to go and no money?

I was recently brought to my attention, being a nobody and not living in TX now, I can't find where she can go for help in Texas City. She has no car so she walks everywhere she has to go even though she's disabled.

She went to a local church (St Marys) and was told "we don't help vagrants". She's trying to find a place, get back on her feet and provide for her unborn child and her son. We should be asking what would Jesus do? then step up and do it! I'm disabled and 1500 miles away and I'm not able to do much but I am trying to at least help her by sending a little money so they can at lease eat for a few days.

I was told Texans are generous and helpful to everyone but somehow, I don't see it in this case.
Foldag

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

As long as she's not Caucasian, there are a number of organizations that can help her get pointed in the right direction. There are womens and childrens shelters all over Galveston county.
Shunter

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

Foldag wrote:
As long as she's not Caucasian,
There's her first problem then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Texas City News Video

•••
•••

Texas City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Texas City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Texas City News, Events & Info