BP to divest half its U.S. refining c...

BP to divest half its U.S. refining capacity

There are 3 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 1, 2011, titled BP to divest half its U.S. refining capacity. In it, Reuters reports that:

BP to divest half its U.S. refining capacity Stocks By Kristen Hays HOUSTON Tue Feb 1, 2011 2:37pm EST HOUSTON - Britain's BP Plc put half its U.S. refining assets up for sale on Tuesday, including the huge Texas City plant, a potentially prize asset but one that carries the stigma of a 2005 blast that killed 15 workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Retired Chemical Worker

Pearland, TX

#1 Feb 1, 2011
Bulldoze it down and let those so quick to sue look for other work.

Wonder what Tony Buzbee will do for work now ?
BP contractor--Form er

Houston, TX

#2 Feb 2, 2011
I feel quite certain he will be able to get by as he flies around on this jets or hangs out on his yachts. Seriously, I live in Texas City and used to work at the BP plant. Mr. Buzbee was my attorney after the BP explosion and got me very fair money for my injuries. (I was less than 100 yards from ground zero) I still ache every morning, and cannot do what I used to could do. But, I know for a fact that he got me three times what some of my buddies got for similar injuries. I can't say I have recovered, but I can say that the financial pressure has been removed thanks to him.
Retired Chemical Worker

Pearland, TX

#3 Feb 2, 2011
And some were claiming injuries that weren't even in the plant !

BP just happen to have deep pockets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelly Mahle (Nov '13) Tue Melanie 28
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Tue Maria 83
Engineering Class Survey Oct 24 Bane 1
do not use "the boss tree removing service - g ... (May '13) Oct 23 gentxanon 11
News Texas gas prices within 5 cents of record (Aug '06) Oct 23 exactly 9
News Sex offenders roam freely in Galveston, Texas (Mar '11) Oct 11 Fake Luper 26
News Texas City male prison guard faces inmate sex c... (Dec '06) Oct 3 Thanks safp 110

Texas City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texas City Mortgages