First Prev
of 58
Next Last
grammy

Grandview, TX

#1 May 11, 2011
does anyone know the name of the grandparents that were burned trying to save the children in this fire? Where is the father?

Since: Sep 09

Sherman, TX

#2 May 11, 2011
I wonder if this is the same Amanda Doss that was big into Swiftboating around the time John Kerry was running for President. I googled her name and alot of info came up about her involvement with high up people. After hearing about the ATF, Texas Marshals etc being apart of the investigation, it makes you wonder. Bless her family, it must be difficult for all of them... pray for them all.
dayze

Texarkana, TX

#4 May 11, 2011
@Takebakeyourpowers ~ I have done some research also and I believe that is the same Amanda Doss aka Amanda Prewett Doss ~ Hopefully it was just a tragic fire and nothing more. My heart goes out to the family, they will be in my prayers tonight.
SynShadows

Lewisburg, PA

#5 May 11, 2011
@Alfred - Redwater ISD.

@TBYP - more info plz?
Golfer23

Fort Worth, TX

#6 May 11, 2011
grammy wrote:
does anyone know the name of the grandparents that were burned trying to save the children in this fire? Where is the father?
Glen Prewett is the grandfather
Golfer23

Fort Worth, TX

#7 May 11, 2011
@tbyp...Yes it's the same Amanda Doss aka Amanda Prewett
SynShadows

Lewisburg, PA

#8 May 11, 2011
Just googled. Wow.

Sherman, TX

#9 May 12, 2011
im hoping it was a huge accident and nothing more. just sad...
The Cat

United States

#12 May 12, 2011
To be quite Honest and since you asked, my immediate thought was someone Hateful just like You.
Alfred Newman wrote:
Homicide ? Who could do this to another human being ,Too children ,I can't stop hugging my kids !! Does anyone know if these children went to Redlick Isd ?

Since: Feb 10

Texarkana, TX

#14 May 12, 2011
Amanda was an activist and will be missed.
whatshisname

Texarkana, TX

#16 May 12, 2011
TEXARKANA, TX (KSLA)- The Bowie County Sheriff says an autopsy on an 11-year-old killed in a fire early Wednesday morning shows, what he called,'injuries consistent with a homicide.'

Authorities began investigating the fire that claimed the lives of a mother of and two children as a possible triple homicide Wednesday afternoon.

A 34-year-old mother and two children, ages eight and 11, were killed in the blaze that broke out around 5 a.m. in the 1200 block of FM 991 East.

One of the children apparently called their grandparents to let them know that the house was on fire, who in turn called 911. Investigators say when the grandparents arrived at the house they were able to pull out one of the children from the house, but that child later died.

The grandparents have been taken to a Dallas hospital for treatment of burns.

Killed were 34-year-old Amanda Doss, 8 year-year-old Texas Johnson and 11-year-old Guinivere Doss.

At this point, investigators say they do not have a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

Texas Rangers are assisting in the investigation. The ATF is also expected on the scene to investigate.
Disgusted

Mineola, TX

#21 May 13, 2011
I am disgusted that anyone could do something like this to a family. I am further disgusted by the fact that Wounded made the statement that a child molester probably got to them. So disgusting and tasteless to even suggest unless the evidence supports that. This family and their friends are grieving in a terrible way and do not need you to add to their angst. Think of something other than your own bitter agenda for once in your life. All of you people quibbling over BS should start your own topic: Arguments for Jackasses. Then stick to that forum and leave regular people out of it.
Just Me

Petersburg, TX

#22 May 13, 2011
Alfred Newman wrote:
Homicide ? Who could do this to another human being ,Too children ,I can't stop hugging my kids !! Does anyone know if these children went to Redlick Isd ?
These children were in Redwater ISD.
Joe

Texarkana, TX

#24 May 13, 2011
It is a tragedy for the family i hurt for them. Don'tpay any attention to wounded statements he is mentally retarded and lives mostly in the past. He
is a totally afflicted SMURF!!
Friend of Victims

Houston, TX

#25 May 13, 2011
Amanda was a political activist - a "swiftboater", by some accounts. A conservative Republican, that although I rarely agreed with her politically, I respected to the utmost degree for her courage, conviction, and motivation to take steps to change a system she didn't like. So many of us complain about the system, but many don't even bother to vote, much less practice any active steps to change things. Not only did Amanda do that, she raised her children to do the same. Her daughter was recetly recognozed for organizing a Box Tops for Education drive for her school tha quadrupled their normal numbers, allowing each teacher in her school to purchase an extra $80 worth of books, thanks to her posters, flyers, booths, and most of all, her beautiful, caring voice. She cared enough to step up, open her mouth, AND take action. People like them are special, and the world lost three treasures on May 11. Whether you agree with her politics or not, you have to agree she was an excellent mother, and a well-intentioned patriot.
RIP AMANDA, GUINEVERE, and TEXAS!
Friend of Victims

Houston, TX

#26 May 13, 2011
oops *recognized. Sorry for misspell.
The Cat

United States

#28 May 13, 2011
She sounds like a wonderful woman. I'm sure her kids were blessed to have her for their mother. It is a sad shame what happened. I hope her 'activism' had nothing to do with the deaths. I've wondered about it.
Friend of Victims wrote:
Amanda was a political activist - a "swiftboater", by some accounts. A conservative Republican, that although I rarely agreed with her politically, I respected to the utmost degree for her courage, conviction, and motivation to take steps to change a system she didn't like. So many of us complain about the system, but many don't even bother to vote, much less practice any active steps to change things. Not only did Amanda do that, she raised her children to do the same. Her daughter was recetly recognozed for organizing a Box Tops for Education drive for her school tha quadrupled their normal numbers, allowing each teacher in her school to purchase an extra $80 worth of books, thanks to her posters, flyers, booths, and most of all, her beautiful, caring voice. She cared enough to step up, open her mouth, AND take action. People like them are special, and the world lost three treasures on May 11. Whether you agree with her politics or not, you have to agree she was an excellent mother, and a well-intentioned patriot.
RIP AMANDA, GUINEVERE, and TEXAS!
Bowie County Wolverine

Texarkana, TX

#29 May 13, 2011
The Cat wrote:
She sounds like a wonderful woman. I'm sure her kids were blessed to have her for their mother. It is a sad shame what happened. I hope her 'activism' had nothing to do with the deaths. I've wondered about it.
<quoted text>
Wait until they release what was done to the children, you will cry! Who ever did this, does not need to make it to trial. IMO
Other Friend

Mineola, TX

#30 May 13, 2011
What are they saying happened to the kids? Nothing has been released in the media. Do you know what happened to the kids? I can't imagine why anyone would do something so horrible.

Sherman, TX

#32 May 14, 2011
Alfred Newman wrote:
<quoted text>I heard they may have a suspect or person of interest , Have you heard this ?
I sort of heard something, although im not sure if its true. Someone with pipe bomb making experience?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 58
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake village commotion 5 hr TruthOnLy 4
Texarkana Black History Parade Feb 23 Justsayin 2
Sheriff Prince: Why No Arrest In Double Homici... (Oct '13) Feb 22 Disbelief 1,409
Review: Twin City Auto (Jul '13) Feb 18 Tonya 2
Gypsies in Texarkana (Aug '10) Feb 18 S Cooper 784
texarkana pain management (Apr '12) Feb 17 texarkanapainpatient 27
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779

Flood Warning for Bowie County was issued at March 01 at 7:53AM CST

Texarkana Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Texarkana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]