LKB1107

Edgewood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

My husband and I are looking to move to Texarkana this summer. Where are some of the best neighborhoods or apartment complexes? Thank you in advance!

Since: Nov 10

Lewisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Depends on how much you want to spend.
just offerin

Covington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

i know a place you could buy that is only $400 annual land tax. you get a big garage and a couple of acres. its a thirty minute drive, but if you compare that to not paying 500-700 per month for rent which is a sunk cost, depends on what you consider of more value.

“Bad girl gone good”

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The Pleasant Grove area is a nice area with good schools that are smaller. There are a couple of newer apartment complexes. Arista Apartments, The Legacy, and one other off of MCKnight Rd. There are also homes to rent in the area.

“Bad girl gone good”

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

just offerin wrote:
i know a place you could buy that is only $400 annual land tax. you get a big garage and a couple of acres. its a thirty minute drive, but if you compare that to not paying 500-700 per month for rent which is a sunk cost, depends on what you consider of more value.
Is there a home on the property? Where is it? I am looking for a place about 30 minutes to an hour out, with land.
Old Valley Girl

Ralls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Bill Davis is so cheap that he married a skinny girl so he could buy a cheaper ring.
Old Valley Girl

Ralls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Correction-not cheaper ring but smaller ring. I guess it's all the same.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

LKB1107 wrote:
My husband and I are looking to move to Texarkana this summer. Where are some of the best neighborhoods or apartment complexes? Thank you in advance!
Wake Village is a small burb to the west of Texarkana. You'd never know you were leaving one and going into another if you weren't from the area. Anyway, depending on if you want to buy or rent, there are a few apartment complexes in Wake Village - one that is under new ownership and has just recently been completely renovated. Garden something or another. Prolly some rental properties that could be had too. Nice neighborhoods on the north and west sides. PD and FD is quick to respond. Just a generally good small town atmosphere. In general, out is better than in town. It doesn't have to be too far out. Wake Village is what I would term out, of Texarkana anyway.
be warned about them

Lewisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Texan2455 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake Village is a small burb to the west of Texarkana. PD and FD is quick to respond.
when can we get WV PD to tranferr to bistate, hopefully they are not bought and paid for like bistate. that place covers for the highest bidder which is invariably always going to be a business as it has deeper pockets. its pretty obvious what bank pwns bistate.
Spaces

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LKB, the answer is none of the above. Why would you move to Texarkana? It's a wasteland. Pleasant Grove is "nice" if you like an area that was intentionally built without any parks, sidewalks, or libraries. Wake Village is full of wannabees who can't afford Pleasant Grove so they live another three minutes "out". The neighborhoods around Spring Lake Park are the best in town, but take that "best" with a grain of salt. Hope you don't have kids, as the schools all suck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Spaces wrote:
LKB, the answer is none of the above. Why would you move to Texarkana? It's a wasteland. Pleasant Grove is "nice" if you like an area that was intentionally built without any parks, sidewalks, or libraries. Wake Village is full of wannabees who can't afford Pleasant Grove so they live another three minutes "out". The neighborhoods around Spring Lake Park are the best in town, but take that "best" with a grain of salt. Hope you don't have kids, as the schools all suck.
You would probably gripe about having to peel the Ben Franklins off that we're used to wrap a gold bar as a gift wrapped specifically for you. If you don't like Texarkana, why don't you move? I'd lay money you would find fault in paradise.
That blond

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

PG is good. Red Lick is also good. Some nice older well-kept areas around Spring Lake Park. I wouldn't recommend Wake Village as the older areas are getting pretty rough. Moved here 7 years ago from the west coast and we love it here. Some longtime residents don't know what a bad town really is! Texarkana is pretty, generally safe, family oriented and friendly.
Chief Walksalot

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

My comment about Bill Davis and his properties was deleted!!! Anyway, avoid anything owned by Bill Davis. If you like an active night life, you can cruise up and down State Line Ave; other than that, nothing going on. There are more stores to buy firearms at than nightclubs. I suppose the town is "safe", but these days, no place is safe. The town does have 2 bowling alleys, both decent places. Depending on what you seek, you might like this place; then again, you might not. I won't comment on the schools as my kids didn't attend here. I have property in Fredericksburg, Tx, a much nicer place: cleaner, more to do, prettier, safer, and higher taxes; will relocate there as soon as I sell my property here.
Old Valley Girl

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Chief Walksalot wrote:
My comment about Bill Davis and his properties was deleted!!! Anyway, avoid anything owned by Bill Davis. If you like an active night life, you can cruise up and down State Line Ave; other than that, nothing going on. There are more stores to buy firearms at than nightclubs. I suppose the town is "safe", but these days, no place is safe. The town does have 2 bowling alleys, both decent places. Depending on what you seek, you might like this place; then again, you might not. I won't comment on the schools as my kids didn't attend here. I have property in Fredericksburg, Tx, a much nicer place: cleaner, more to do, prettier, safer, and higher taxes; will relocate there as soon as I sell my
property here.
Yep, word to the wise; you don't badmouth Bill Davis on here unless you want to feel the wrath of the Topix gods. By the way, you're not worried about those badass Cantus? I heard they were some mean hombres over there.
who dat

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Who is Bill Davis for those of us not in the know?
Chief Walksalot

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

OVG, let's just say this: I probably won't ever run into them if I don't go where they go, but I am quite aware that they can be very vicious to have a disagreement with.
whodat: Bill Davis is a local property owner (apts, a restaurant, and I don't know what else) who has the rep. of being, uhhmmm, shall we say "inconsiderate" of his employees, renters, and those he does business with. Just ask around, and you will learn a lot more about him than I can post in here. There were two previous threads about him in Topix, with lots of details of his "shenanigans", but they were both deleted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Your post was in fact deleted. It was #6, which is now gone. I call BS.
Old Valley Girl

Ralls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Chief Walksalot wrote:
OVG, let's just say this: I probably won't ever run into them if I don't go where they go, but I am quite aware that they can be very vicious to have a disagreement with.
whodat: Bill Davis is a local property owner (apts, a restaurant, and I don't know what else) who has the rep. of being, uhhmmm, shall we say "inconsiderate" of his employees, renters, and those he does business with. Just ask around, and you will learn a lot more about him than I can post in here. There were two previous threads about him in Topix, with lots of details of his "shenanigans", but they were both deleted.
Walks, some jackass is using my screen name. I asked them to stop but they are refusing so this bird is flying far away never to be heard from again. I thought Topix had controls against that but I guess not. This will be my last post to you but I will reincarnate.
Spaces

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Is Bill Davis that guy who owns those blue apartments on 67 heading towards Backwater? OMG those signs are crazy!
TXK not worth a poot

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Texarkana is a rathole town, and the surrounding areas are just as bad or worse! Wake Village is a crap hole that smells like one too. I don't know if the smell comes from the nasty people who live there or something else. The whole area is crime ridden and full of thiefs, druggies, hookers, rapist, and drunkards. It's also an extremely boring place to be, and the people who live there are dullards who just like to hear themselves talk. The quality of life there is very low, and the town should be avoided at all cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Texarkana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Texarkana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Texarkana People Search