Where do you eat out in Texarkana USA

Posted in the Texarkana Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
texark66

Pittsburg, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2010
I noticed where Texarkana is getting more and more places to eat. My question is this. Do you prefer going to the local eating places that are owned by local people ? Are do you like going to the big chains like those that have grown up on I-30 ? Franchise and chain operations.

Also, what type of eating place does Texarkana need more of ? I have been trying to think of some big chain eating places Texarkana does not have yet. If you know of one please post. Here are a couple that I can think of for Bar Bar B Q how about Salt Lick at the website link http://www.saltlickbbq.com/ or if you want more Mexican food how about Posados http://www.posados.com/ They have several East Texas locations. How about Ark. Any good chains in Little Rock or Fayetville that might come into Texarkana ?
Bowie County Wolverine

Healdton, OK

#2 Sep 14, 2010
1. I would like for locally owned restraunts to let us know who they are! I would like to patronize them more if I knew which ones are which.

2. We have plenty of great BBQ places
3. We have plenty of fish places
4. we have plenty of Mexican places
5. We have plenty of Italian food places
6. We have plenty of burger places
7. We have plenty of steak places

What we need?
1. Braums
2. Another family dining place like Dixie Diner except quiet, and not so open, and have rooms for small parties available. JMO
texark66

Pittsburg, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2010
Braums http://www.braums.com/ has a location in Mt. Pleasant. They are a fine store/eating place in my view. They are located on US 271 south in Mt. Pleasant, Texas

Is the Cattlemans Steak House localy owned ? I saw where two new steak places are going to open or have opened in Texarkana, Texas. The Longhorn Steak House and the Lone Star Steak House. Both are chains. The Cattlemans has been in Texarkana a long time. I'm sure they will be fine.

Will close out for tonight, I'm getting hungry....
doctorwife

Gulfport, MS

#4 Sep 14, 2010
Braum's would be great. Souper Salad would be nice to have as well.

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#5 Sep 14, 2010
I love go to the locally owned places. The owners most of the time cares what the customer thinks. There are very few left. What we need is a good greek resturant. Spero`s, Fondo`s, The Jefferson Coffee Shop, Mayflower, The Towers were all greek owned and great places to eat.
I`s like to see some small places with a blue plate special, and anywhere that can make a decent chili mac or bowl of red. GW
hungry

Hughes Springs, TX

#6 Sep 14, 2010
Jack in the frigging Box

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 14, 2010
doesn't joe oliver own cattleman's
SynShadows

Oley, PA

#8 Sep 14, 2010
Braums would be great...Steak and Shake would be awesome.

I ***LOVE*** Posado's but we are overflowing with Mexican restaurants.

If we were to get any more chains, I would like a P.F. Changs. A Corky's BBQ would be great too.
PG HAWK

Texarkana, AR

#9 Sep 14, 2010
I would like to see a Tin Star or Chipotle restaurant here. I visit both when I'm in Dallas and they are great. Fuzzy's Taco Shop and the Italian Cafe are both very good places, also.

A very nice couple from Europe own the Italian Cafe have worked hard to get it going and it is excellent. They have started having a jazz guitarist on Friday and Saturday nights. It is BYOB and has an excellent atmosphere.
Goldenyears

Ashburn, VA

#10 Sep 14, 2010
Jack in the Box, Krystal's, Old Spaghetti Factory, Black eyed Pea, Fudrucker's...Would love to have any of these!
Joe Bob Briggs

Houston, TX

#11 Sep 15, 2010
Goldenyears wrote:
Jack in the Box, Krystal's, Old Spaghetti Factory, Black eyed Pea, Fudrucker's...Would love to have any of these!
There are a million Jack in the Box's in Houston and they all suck. Also, don't you already have a Fudrucker's?
texark66

Pittsburg, TX

#12 Sep 15, 2010
Here is a chain I'm surprised is not in Texarkana yet. They have locations all across East Texas. The name is the Cotton Patch. Here is their web page link.

http://www.cottonpatch.com/main/index.php

The food is not that expensive.
Anthony

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2010
We might be overflowing with Mexican but only 1 is any good and you have to go downtown for that. We need some better Mexican for sure. Ta Mollys is a joke, people come here from out of town and tell me they wasted their money there.

How about Pappasito's or Pappadeaux's?

More seafood choices would be good. We have Red Lobster or fried fish. What is wrong with variety?

Cheesecake Factory or Grand Lux Cafe would be good but we would probably have to invest in a bigger and nicer mall for them to come.
The Lurker

Texarkana, TX

#14 Sep 15, 2010
Would love to see a Pappadeaux - much better seafood than Red Lobster or Joe's Crab Shack. Also a White Castle. Love those little burgers.

And I would like to see an Indian restaurant.
TXBoy

Texarkana, TX

#15 Sep 15, 2010
We already have too many chain restauraunts. I'll admit that I would enjoy a Jack-n-the-Box or a Braum's, but other than that I would rather give my money to local businessmen. Fuji is great for sushi, Amigo Juans and Zapatas are the best Tex-Mex. The only real Mexican food restauraunt is Ivan's Bistro and it is the tops. Joe's Pizza and Pasta is excellant. Hopkin's and Timothy's both have a nice eccletic menu. Pop's beats Cattleman's everytime...there's several little places scattered throughout town that make great dishes...too many great local places to list.
foodman

Whitney, TX

#16 Sep 15, 2010
CHEDDARS
The Cat

United States

#17 Sep 15, 2010
I eat Mexican or Chinese when I eat out as a rule for lunch. Sometimes, however, I eat at Bryces or other places. My favorite dinner places are Timothys and Fuads, although I seldom eat dinner out.

I would love to see a Salt Lick open here (enjoyed viewing the link posted!), but don't see that happening.

I'm fairly happy with what we have, sure wouldn't mind seeing a Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme however.
The Cat

United States

#18 Sep 15, 2010
I like the Old Feed House for dinner, too, but haven't been there in a long while.
Golden Years

Garland, TX

#19 Sep 15, 2010
Joe Bob Briggs wrote:
<quoted text>There are a million Jack in the Box's in Houston and they all suck. Also, don't you already have a Fudrucker's?
No, we don't have a Fudrucker's.
SynShadows

Oley, PA

#20 Sep 15, 2010
We were supposed to be getting a Fuddrucker's in the past year or so...but that was when there was going to be a new mall built and Wadley was going to move north of the interstate. And then the economy fell out. But, also, we've been supposed to be getting a TGIFriday's for 5 or 6 yrs now. I did see in the paper where Buffalo Wild Wings is reopening under new ownership, they are currently hiring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ape in HEALS Thu Willie Granville 45
Where is Mica James? (Aka Smith, Crumpton, Cross) Thu I knew her 2
Review: Missy's Massage Studio (Mar '10) Wed John Smith 8
JC and Kayla & Curtis Vickers Apr 24 Sad-but-true 8
Mike Carter (Sep '14) Apr 24 Video 64
Swingers Apr 20 LocalStdboy 12
Amber Collins or her man. Apr 20 Sad-but-true 4

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance