Texarkana College
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SevenSquared

Texarkana, AR

#21 Jan 11, 2013
You can pay whatever you want to for the lower level gen eds. A two thousand dollar Texas History class at UT is the same class curriculum that a two hundred dollar TCC class has. The main thing is TCC is not going to give you the hours unless you work for them. You can hide under your bed and scream my psychology teacher is trying to brainwash me or cry to momma, the biology teacher said I came from a monkey. That is not going to get you any further in life, it just makes you feel better about being so lazy.
Giggles

Texarkana, AR

#22 Jan 11, 2013
Hey No Difference -
Let me ask you this: If psychology and the like are scams, why do retailers use it to increase profits, police use it to interrogate, doctors use it to help people with mental illness all with great success?

It sounds like a pretty practical field of study to me. It would be remiss to exclude the effect of religion, cult and other mob mentality in it's study. From what I've read it interferes with your concept of religion, but Jesus never mentioned anything bad about studying how people's minds work in the red letter. Several priests I know have Bachelor's or Master's in Psychology, along with their seminary degrees.

Let me close with this: Do you understand how science works? You come up with a theory, develop a procedure to test that theory and execute the procedure several times. You measure the results each time, coming up with an average result of your procedure. Rinse and repeat until you prove something, or disprove it. The majority of psychology and sociology experiments I've read about have done just that.

Can this thread be about TC's tax expansion now?
A9mm

Hughes Springs, TX

#23 Jan 12, 2013
The real question of property owners is how much more will property taxes have to be increased to keep Trashakana College afloat next year since the corrupt folks who run TC found a new tit to suck free milk from?
,,, and the years after that?

Oh I'm sorry, what is that what you said? You don't own property so why should you care? Fluke them, tax the rich?
Oh, I understand it now!
Bulldog

Texarkana, TX

#24 Jan 13, 2013
A9mm wrote:
The real question of property owners is how much more will property taxes have to be increased to keep Trashakana College afloat next year since the corrupt folks who run TC found a new tit to suck free milk from?
,,, and the years after that?
Oh I'm sorry, what is that what you said? You don't own property so why should you care? Fluke them, tax the rich?
Oh, I understand it now!
If that's how you really feel, please move the hell away. You are neither wanted--nor needed--here. Pull for Texarkana, or the pull your ass out.
A9mm

Hughes Springs, TX

#25 Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's how you really feel, please move the hell away. You are neither wanted--nor needed--here. Pull for Texarkana, or the pull your ass out.
Did the big bad fooldog just crap in his pants?
I can't say I'm sorry because it's just too dayum funny!
tanftx

Paden, OK

#26 Jan 13, 2013
pulling for texarkana doesnt mean you have to blindly open your wallet every time someone plays the lee greenwood song before asking for money. once they get you trained to bend over the table voluntarily they will keep doing that every time they need a little spending cash.
A9mm

Hughes Springs, TX

#27 Jan 13, 2013
Bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
I work and hold a steady job and sone weeks I put in 60 hours a week, I own property and pay all my taxes, I vote every election, I beem known to give hundreds of dollars at a time to someone despertly in need.
Fooldoggie, just who in the hades do you think you are to say such to me???
SevenSquared

Whitney, TX

#28 Jan 13, 2013
There is a very simple way to get something worth a whole lot more than that little increase in your property tax. Take advantage of the low cost tuition and earn a degree. They are going to have two open house sessions for older adults Tuesday 15th 11am-1pm & 5-7pm. It wouldn't hurt anyone who has even thought about going to college to just go and find out. The more you learn about Texarkana College the more you will like it and a place of higher education will not seem so intimidating or scary.
job interrupted

Purcell, OK

#29 Jan 13, 2013
A9mm wrote:
<quoted text>
I work and hold a steady job and sone weeks I put in 60 hours a week, I own property and pay all my taxes, I vote every election, I beem known to give hundreds of dollars at a time to someone despertly in need.
Fooldoggie, just who in the hades do you think you are to say such to me???
consider yourself fortunate, to have a job and have the option of putting in sixty hours. good for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ashley walker (Jun '14) Sun Rainbow betty 24
News 'Everyone is African': Geneticist, professor ta... Dec 3 Inquisitor 15
tim paslay (Jan '13) Dec 2 really4real 13
Why so much crime in Texarkana? (Jul '14) Dec 2 The Eye is Watching 21
has anyone got mesed over by richard ward at wa... (Feb '12) Nov 29 omg 8
A Representative Sample of Democrats Nov 27 Inquisitor 1
Texarkana, Texas Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov 27 Musikologist 9

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance