Texarkana College

Posted in the Texarkana Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Seems TC is at it again. What good did it do to vote for a tax?
Such incompetence. Should we laugh or cry?

To many business put ads in the gazette for nothing. I bet they got a discount?
Texas Transplant

Dallas, TX

#2 Jan 3, 2013
What have they done? I have not heard anything.
Bulldog

Texarkana, AR

#3 Jan 3, 2013
I have no idea what you are talking about. Just curious, but are you a student? Former student? Graduate?
spaces

Texarkana, AR

#4 Jan 3, 2013
ND is on the internet, spelling and writing pretty darn well... I'm going to go with NO Bulldog.
A9mm

Rio Vista, TX

#5 Jan 4, 2013
TC will blow thru this new tax revenue quicker than Debbie does Dallas!
And who will this surprise?
SevenSquared

Texarkana, TX

#6 Jan 4, 2013
I sure am glad TCC is at it again. We just got through registering my son for the spring semester. Four classes, twelve hours for right at a thousand dollars. Anyone who attended college knows how cheap that is. I don't know what I would have done if all the good people of Bowie County hadn't pulled together and saved our college. Go TCC, do what you have been doing for a hundred years, educating the people of Bowie County and beyond.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#7 Jan 4, 2013
@A9mm…. indeed, I think they have a party or celebration for the least little event. Maybe with that extra tax money they can build a few more cherry wood banisters and desks. Want be anyone left to use them, but it would make for "show".

Reminds me of pre-war Germany's society, when the Germans had to use the poor Jews to keep their economy going because of the hyper inflation that suppressed their own economy.

Anyone know why the college would have psychology and public speaking courses as a prerequisite for a simple Associates Degree? Is this a way to incur more tuition; making it harder for many who would otherwise make an attempt at obtaining a degree.

In my opinion that would be dishonest.

After doing some research, I have found that psychology is not even considered a coherent science. In fact some of their conferences have included subjects such as past-life regression, Tantric medicine, spiritism and trance channeling, Gestalt astrology, shamanism, aura reading and even voodoo.

The majority of modern psychology is clearly anti-Christian. It rejects God, ignores sin, "deifies" man, and frequently castigates Christianity, Christ, and the Bible as irrelevant or dangerous. Many of the most respected and influential "pioneers" in American psychology have discovered it as the ideal means to "scientifically" discredit their own Christian upbringing.

Ever read the bio of Carl Jung?
just sayin

Atlanta, TX

#8 Jan 5, 2013
well id ont remember any of that being taught in the basic psych 101 class, so just because you googled it or looked it up on wikipedia doesnt mean that is what they are teaching in psych class.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Just because you dont recognize what is occlutic and what is not doesnt mean they arent teaching it. Perhaps you didnt understand what was being taught.
Understandable.
For instance: The problem of contacting "inner advisors" found in Carl Jung's modern psychotherapy, is that it is so often "indistinguishable" from the contacting of spirit guides in occultism. Almost inseparable.
Cultivating these exercises in which inner guides are contacted may progress from the purely imaginary to genuine spiritism. The imagination becomes the vehicle for spirit contact, whether deliberately sought or not. So the purpose of "guided imagery" (educational or psychological) is to cultivate from the purely imaginary to genuine spiritism.
In a scientific era which did not accept the reality of the occult and demonic spirits, Jung "PSYCHOLOGIZED" demon spirits and promoted them as normal and natural components of the human mind.
Today, many of his theories are being taught from high school to college level. The occult knowledge Jung acquired is being secularized and psychologized with increasing refinement.
Still doesnt answer my question as to WHY is it necessary for a simple Associates Degree, say in electronics for instance????
just sayin

Petersburg, TX

#10 Jan 6, 2013
well when you can reference the pages from the current textbook being used at TCC or AM to back up your claim, then i will be the first to really consider the inner advisor that says they are teaching that at the local college, but i dont remember the psych syllabus study guide going into near the detail you just provided.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#11 Jan 6, 2013
My books are several years OLDER than the current books; I have no ideal what they teach today, however, I can only assume the worst. If you have never studied any occult books or been involved in the occult, then you, like those who are teaching it, would think nothing of it, save a NEW SCIENCE.

So you are saying they don't teach theories of Carl Jung? The father of modern psychology? Even though his acquired knowledge came from spirit guides. He even gives the name of his personal spirit guide that gave him this knowledge. His biography.....by Janet Dallet...... revealed that he at times could not even distinguish what was real from what was not.

So you haven't even read his biography?

His writings are being accepted as revelation in the world of psychology. It is evident way back in the early seventies when The American Psychology Association recommended turning most of their mental patients loose.

After all they weren't as crazy as most people believed they were from the standpoint of the new revelations from psychology. Now we have widespread homelessness.

Then in the late seventies the Association declared that homosexuality was not unnatural but just an alternative life-style, and so it is widely accepted today by them.

Jung and Freus are the "founding fathers" of modern psychology and psychotherapy.

You sleeping in class?

Like Freud, occult psychologist Carl Jung resented historic Christianity and especially its God. For him it was only a myth sought after by neurotics.“All neurotics seek the religious,” he said, and “all talk of God [is] mythological,” and therefore,“the Protestant theologian” should “abandon his ... alleged knowledge of God through faith and admit to the layman that he is mythologizing.”

If you need someone to stick your nose to the exact page and sentence, then I contend it wouldn't do any good anyway. Stay in your folly. For truly you are the village atheist.

After personal involvement in the occult for many years, I was diagnosed as a schizophrenic by several psychologist and prescribed medications that kept me functioning in a dream state for MANY years. I could hardly drive a car. One day my neighbor sent a "country preacher" to my house who invited me to church. I went and walked down the isle and gave my soul to Jesus. I confessed my sins and I was instantly healed. I threw away all my medications and have lived rejoicing for the last 25 years. Had I kept going to the psychologist I would still be living, but in a vegetive state.

After having been in the occult from many years, I began taking classes and I immediately recognized the practices that are being suggested. I have experienced it myself and I can understand them and I have been there, done that:

The practices of "Guided Imagery", "Creative Visualization", " Active Imagination", all sound real scientific - but these practices, until 20 years or so ago, could only be found in eastern religious books, or books of magic, or the occult book stores in Dallas.

"Guided Imagery is a well known technique in the occult world that is used in meditation to contact spiritual beings". Of course these practices were just a few. I have taken numerous courses in psychology & this knowledge is in all of them.

No less an authority, Garth Wood asserts that "it has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt that [psychotherapy] can and does have harmful side effects, and it is my contention that these are much underestimated. This whole shadowy area needs desperately to be bathed in light because of the ubiquitous availability of psychotherapy."

Having said all this, no one has answered my question as to WHY its necessary to take this class and even "public speaking" to acquire an associates degree in say, once again, electronics??

I contend its just another, not so subtle attempt, to garnish more MONEY from poor students who need skills to go to work- they dont need to deal with all this foolishness.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#12 Jan 6, 2013
My books are several years OLDER than the current books; I have no ideal what they teach today, however, I can only assume the worst. If you have never studied any occult books or been involved in the occult, then you, like those who are teaching it, would think nothing of it, save a NEW SCIENCE.

So you are saying they don't teach theories of Carl Jung? The father of modern psychology? Even though his acquired knowledge came from spirit guides. He even gives the name of his personal spirit guide that gave him this knowledge. His biography.....by Janet Dallet...... revealed that he at times could not even distinguish what was real from what was not.

So you haven't even read his biography?

His writings are being accepted as revelation in the world of psychology. It is evident way back in the early seventies when The American Psychology Association recommended turning most of their mental patients loose.

After all they weren't as crazy as most people believed they were from the standpoint of the new revelations from psychology. Now we have widespread homelessness.

Then in the late seventies the Association declared that homosexuality was not unnatural but just an alternative life-style, and so it is widely accepted today by them.

Jung and Freus are the "founding fathers" of modern psychology and psychotherapy.

You sleeping in class?
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#13 Jan 6, 2013
Like Freud, occult psychologist Carl Jung resented historic Christianity and especially its God. For him it was only a myth sought after by neurotics.“All neurotics seek the religious,” he said, and “all talk of God [is] mythological,” and therefore,“the Protestant theologian” should “abandon his ... alleged knowledge of God through faith and admit to the layman that he is mythologizing.”

If you need someone to stick your nose to the exact page and sentence, then I contend it wouldn't do any good anyway. Stay in your folly. For truly you are the village atheist.

After personal involvement in the occult for many years, I was diagnosed as a schizophrenic by several psychologist and prescribed medications that kept me functioning in a dream state for MANY years. I could hardly drive a car. One day my neighbor sent a "country preacher" to my house who invited me to church. I went and walked down the isle and gave my soul to Jesus. I confessed my sins and I was instantly healed. I threw away all my medications and have lived rejoicing for the last 25 years. Had I kept going to the psychologist I would still be living, but in a vegetive state.

After having been in the occult from many years, I began taking classes and I immediately recognized the practices that are being suggested. I have experienced it myself and I can understand them and I have been there, done that:

The practices of "Guided Imagery", "Creative Visualization", " Active Imagination", all sound real scientific - but these practices, until 20 years or so ago, could only be found in eastern religious books, or books of magic, or the occult book stores in Dallas.

"Guided Imagery is a well known technique in the occult world that is used in meditation to contact spiritual beings". Of course these practices were just a few. I have taken numerous courses in psychology & this knowledge is in all of them.

No less an authority, Garth Wood asserts that "it has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt that [psychotherapy] can and does have harmful side effects, and it is my contention that these are much underestimated. This whole shadowy area needs desperately to be bathed in light because of the ubiquitous availability of psychotherapy."

Having said all this, no one has answered my question as to WHY its necessary to take this class and even "public speaking" to acquire an associates degree in say, once again, electronics??

I contend its just another, not so subtle attempt, to garnish more MONEY from poor students who need skills to go to work- they dont need to deal with all this foolishness.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#14 Jan 6, 2013
sorry for the double posts. this forum is very slow at responding to post.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#15 Jan 6, 2013
I did go to the trouble of posting a few books to prove the inside workings of subject:

Ken Wilbur's The Atman Project and Alta LaDage's Occult Psychology: A Comparison of Jungian Psychology and the Modern Qabalah, Seymour Boorstein's (ed.)

Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Walsh and Vaughan's (eds.) Beyond Ego, Charles Tart's (ed.) Transpersonal Psychologies, and periodicals such as The Common Boundary and The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology are only a few illustrations from psychologists or occultists which clearly indicate that psychology and psychotherapy have become working partners in the promotion and expansion of occult ideas, influences, and practices in our society. Jungian psychology is especially responsible.
( Freud, Jung and Occultism (N ew Hyde Park, NY: University B ooks,)
just sayin

Ralls, TX

#16 Jan 7, 2013
i think you give too much credit to TCC and AM as to the amount of time and detail they teach on the subject.

as for your question of why general humanities classes must be taken for non humanities degrees, somewhere there is a psychology major asking themselves why they have to take a math class to get their degree.
No Difference

Texarkana, TX

#17 Jan 7, 2013
If you cant answer the question, I understand.

I've been in the courses and I know how much time is allotted.

As I said earlier, unless you are aware of it, you probably wont even recognize the subjects; hence they achieve their goal; unknowingly, as a result, too many children are being secularized unnecessarily from the exposure.

Somebody has an agenda.

Math and psychology cant even be compared to one another in terms of relative importance. As my earlier post pointed out, psychology has been determined by many as an INCOHERENT science. Math has not.
just sayin

Ralls, TX

#18 Jan 7, 2013
the psychology instructors at TCC and AM are probably going to disagree with you.

TCC and AM are likely to side with them.
spaces

Texarkana, AR

#19 Jan 7, 2013
SevenSquared -- You get what you pay for in this world. TANSTAAFL, and all.
A9mm

Covington, TX

#20 Jan 11, 2013
just sayin wrote:
the psychology instructors at TCC and AM are probably going to disagree with you.
TCC and AM are likely to side with them.
Well flukeing right on they would disagree like a psychology instructor would admit what a sham his his/her classes really are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Racist Is Knothead? 17 hr Cisco 77
Review: Brangus Feed Lot 22 hr Snothead 2
Sasquatch Convention Sat Chief Walksalot 1
Texarkana Named Second Most Dangerous City in ... Sat Ghetto Guy 12
Sheriff Prince: Why No Arrest In Double Homici... (Oct '13) Oct 16 Resident 1,323
Judge James Carlow crooked or honest ? (Sep '09) Oct 15 Good for you 216
man accused of rape Oct 15 just sayin 1
Texarkana Dating
Find my Match

Texarkana Jobs

Texarkana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Texarkana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Texarkana

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]