Police: Girl, 16, arrested in May fat...

Police: Girl, 16, arrested in May fatal house fire

There are 652 comments on the KSWO story from Aug 13, 2011, titled Police: Girl, 16, arrested in May fatal house fire. In it, KSWO reports that:

A 16-year-old Redwater-area girl has been arrested and charged with three counts of capital murder in the deaths of a Texarkana mother and her two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSWO.

yep

Cresson, TX

#111 Aug 18, 2011
with duct tape

Since: Jul 11

United States

#112 Aug 18, 2011
The judge issued the gag order to preserve the integrity of the case. Law Enforcement, DA, Defense Attorney, family, and anyone directly involved with this case is covered by this order. Any ongoing investgations by the DA and the Defense Attorney, such as witnesses, that may be interviewed and/ or deposed, and information gained from any investigation, as both sides build their cases, would be covered by this gag order. If the gag order is violated, then penalties would be imposed. You can find the penalties in the Texas Penal Code. The Judge is absolutely correct in his diligence to protect this case. The case has to be proven on "facts". Any potential juror will have to be able to make their decision on the evidence presented. The Judge is protecting the "People" and the Defendant.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#113 Aug 18, 2011
Smart enough wrote:
First of all Texas's father was not the person who had a child support & custody hearing it was Guenivere's dad, who is not even living in Texarkana. He is from Austin, TX & has rarely seen her for many years. He is the one who was a person of interest in the case from the start. Texas's father had to be taken to the emergency room from the scene he was so overcome with grief. People unless you know for FACT don't start sending around things that aren't true. This has hurt & touched so many people & changed their lives forever.
The gazette reported a few weeks ago and said brad johnson was a person of interest in the beginning because of the way he acted going to the house that morning....so thats where that came from...i dont know the families but who r the police to say how someone should or should not act when their child is brutally murdered...i have never believed he (texas's dad) had anything to do with it

Location hidden

#114 Aug 18, 2011
Juuunnniiiooorrrr wrote:
Guts to confess amber guts really u retard what'd it take to killem Satan didn't influence her and god can't save her cuz at 16 she did it and prolly was a attention seeking teenager this is t society this isnt a reasonig situation two kids lil babies so young were murdered their killer didn't have guts that monster that killed them prolly turned herself in for selfish reasoning......the only measurement the family surly can have the lil monster did it in Texas and Texas has a express line and electric chair but for the truly disgusting and pitiful they have general population with people bigger and meaner.....when she was a kid she was found tourturig animals....so no defense is deserved that monster will pay....wiling to bet she plays a molestation card, bully card, didn't get enough attention boooo whooooo monster sleep well don't find comfort in heaven or hell the worst hasn't yet came she has no idea how sick and disgusting.....guts woulda been going to the family and taking a hit not running to law and I'm sure ad-seg....all in all I support the death penalty for her and if it could be done live I'd support that to.....your pathetic that mOnster has not guts, spine, and deserves no sympothy
They will not seek death even if shes tried as an adult

The SCOTUS decided this in March 2005 in a case called Roper v Simmons. They ruled that the death penalty for those who had committed their crimes at under 18 years of age was cruel and unusual punishment and hence barred by the Constitution
GOD IS AWESOME

United States

#115 Aug 18, 2011
Its not right to take a human life.She is hold accountable what she done.. Its not fair for the victim's family..They are the one who have to live with this terrible tragic,waking up and their daughter or granchildren not here.She knew what she was doing.Now she realize what she done was wrong its to late.Praying for the family of the victim.
Kit

AOL

#116 Aug 18, 2011
GOD IS AWESOME wrote:
Its not right to take a human life.She is hold accountable what she done.. Its not fair for the victim's family..They are the one who have to live with this terrible tragic,waking up and their daughter or granchildren not here.She knew what she was doing.Now she realize what she done was wrong its to late.Praying for the family of the victim.
I agree she needs to be held accountable!!! and I believe she knew what she was doing,did she not start a fire to cover her tracks....OH yes God is awesome!!!!!!
Common Sense

Columbia, MD

#117 Aug 18, 2011
Kit wrote:
Tell what happened already!!!!People are telling the most bizarre things,I want to know why they so tight lipped and protecting a bloody killer.
They aren't "protecting" her. While she may be 17 now, she was technically still a minor when she committed the crime. They are now waiting to try her as an adult. Once they decide on that, I'm sure the story will open up more. The law is the law.

United States

#118 Aug 18, 2011
I agree with common sense. Once it is determined that she will be tried as an adult, more information could be released. But there is that little ole' matter of a gag order. I'm just as inquisitive as the next person. We already know the who, what, when, and where. The how and why is kickin' our behinds. Surely no one wants a mis-trial, aquittal, hung jury, or mental defect as the outcome of a trial. So we just have to be patient.
The Cat

United States

#119 Aug 18, 2011
I'm not so sure she'll be tried as an adult.
Whit

United States

#120 Aug 18, 2011
Have they released a name yet?
GOD IS AWESOME

United States

#121 Aug 18, 2011
I dont think she will be tried as an adult
GOD IS AWESOME

United States

#122 Aug 18, 2011
Yes Kit she knew exactly what she was doing..
Another Friend

Byhalia, MS

#123 Aug 18, 2011
The rumors in here are growing like weeds!!! Let's not believe everything we read. It's getting deep in here.
The Cat

United States

#124 Aug 18, 2011
Whit wrote:
Have they released a name yet?
Don't think so, but believe it was mentioned here sometime back, Rachael Pittman.

United States

#125 Aug 18, 2011
I just read section 54.02 of the Texas Family Code. If I'm not mistaken she has to be bound over to the Criminal Court as she is charged with Capital Murder.(X3) IF she planned this, as Sherriff Prince stated in his press release, should she not be charged with premeditated murder???
Robin

Longview, TX

#126 Aug 18, 2011
Nothing like commentary from amateur lawyers.

United States

#127 Aug 18, 2011
Thank you.

Location hidden

#128 Aug 18, 2011
Robin wrote:
Nothing like commentary from amateur lawyers.
Think what u will of my comment but i know the da is only going for life in prision :)~

Location hidden

#129 Aug 18, 2011
I think Steve Jones has a point,our police force needs to watch CSI.I'm sorry for any parent who has to suffer the loss of a child.I do believe this 16 year old girl was mentally ill long before this happened and didn't get the help she needed,but she will never suffer the way Amanda Doss and her children did.I pray she never gets out, because a person that is evil enough to do something this horrible should stay in prison for life.
Steve Jones

Texarkana, TX

#130 Aug 19, 2011
Another Friend wrote:
The rumors in here are growing like weeds!!! Let's not believe everything we read. It's getting deep in here.
You should believe everything that is on topix. You have met Sam. If you believe him. You will believe everything on line. ;')
Just the facts mam!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crooked Hillary Clinton Aug 27 Happy day 1
PG's New Superintendent ruining district (Aug '14) Aug 21 Wake Up 52
Why Do Blacks Act Like Animals (Mar '12) Aug 12 Randy 286
Poll Does Lynn LaRowe only report negative news? (Sep '09) Aug 12 Steve Winwood 148
Golden Corral discrimination (Jul '15) Aug 12 Doug Danger 22
Local pastor arrested for sexual assault of a m... Aug 12 darkside 4
News Arkansas-side firefighters support Texas' campa... Aug 12 Captain of Industry 1

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages