Grunt

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Just curious what is so cool about wearing your pants to the crack of your ass? Looks so stupid. Someone has to empty my garbage! Get a life, grow up!
Food

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

It's soooo gross! U r right! Someone needs to haul garbage!
Red Goosefoot

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Grunt wrote:
Just curious what is so cool about wearing your pants to the crack of your ass? Looks so stupid. Someone has to empty my garbage! Get a life, grow up!
Have you seen Justin Bieber lately?
Luther

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

They do this so all folks can get free crack. So just enjoy and take a slurp next time you see it.
Fuzznut

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Here is why, some kid, years and years ago, had to wear baggy pants to school because it was all he had to wear. His folks couldn't buy any for him so he had to wear his big brother's or dad's or something--anyway, when he got to school, the other kids made fun of him. He had to look big and bad as a defense mechanism, so he made up some lies. He said, "Man, forget you--I hides my assault rifle in heres like dis--" and he proceeded to show all of his little hood friends. Well, the next day, they all were wearing baggy pants and that's the real story. Don't believe that stuff about the prison and how it marks the chicken punks.
Food

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Fuzznut wrote:
Here is why, some kid, years and years ago, had to wear baggy pants to school because it was all he had to wear. His folks couldn't buy any for him so he had to wear his big brother's or dad's or something--anyway, when he got to school, the other kids made fun of him. He had to look big and bad as a defense mechanism, so he made up some lies. He said, "Man, forget you--I hides my assault rifle in heres like dis--" and he proceeded to show all of his little hood friends. Well, the next day, they all were wearing baggy pants and that's the real story. Don't believe that stuff about the prison and how it marks the chicken punks.
wow, what drugs r u on?
jimmy

Rock Hill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

truth is stranger than fiction...
Wearing their pants low comes from prision. It is advertising that they are available for anyone. Yep for that.
O so

Caraway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

It did derive from the prison system. Which is stupid. Who wants prisoners as their fashion statement??

“Just here to put in my 2c”

Since: May 12

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

O so wrote:
It did derive from the prison system. Which is stupid. Who wants prisoners as their fashion statement??
Gays

Since: Oct 13

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Actually jimmy, that is a rumor that just isn't true. You are partially right that it did start in prison but it was due to prisons issuing clothes to inmates that were too big and since belts aren't usually allowed in prison, prisoners were just forced to sag. Most likely (and this is just my guess) this was only the case for a limited time or only happened to a few inmates but the few inmates it did happen to, was on-top or near the top of the prison hierarchy which means they were the role models for other prisons.

Since the black culture typically looks up to "tough guys" as role models (and this isn't just limited to blacks, in this instance it is, but other ethnic groups have similar "tough guy" role models) and since prisoners are the toughest of tough guys, the culture copied this style (originally to hip-hop, then mainstream).

The whole purpose of this style is aesthetic, it actually has a negative function (having to constantly pull your pants up and hold them up) which is why we view it as stupid but this isn't the first style that is popular that have only negative function- throughout our history we have actually done so much stuff that actually removes functionality just for the sake of showing who is keeping up with culture and who is not.
For instance, in our own culture, we have always over dressed (especially women), adding funky hats, wide bottoms, tight clothes aren't the hip, etc. Just take a look at this diagram of the fashion from 1794-1887, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons... That clothes serve 100% aesthetics, it has negative functions of being hard to put on, hard to take off, hurtful to wear (We have had some super tight corsets in our history), etc. The only purpose of wearing was to be "in style". The only reason we don't find this odd is because it is a part of our own culture whereas the black subculture isn't and our only response is "That is so stupid, what is the purpose?" but other cultures ask us the same thing with our wear.

Basically, yeah it's stupid, it removes functionality, but we have always had fashion that removes functionality just for the purpose of showing who follows current style and who doesn't. Instead of being racist and just seeing "sagging" as being stupid and bashing it, just accept that it is an idea of another culture and without being in the culture, you can't really understand "why".
What ever

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Grunt wrote:
Well if you really want the answer to that question you should ask really,that tuff ole hen knows everything!
Fuzznuttie

New Boston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Fuzznuttie knows why,because they ain't got money so yhey got to wear their Daddy's,but if you vote for Fuzznuttie free pants for all
NashFlash

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

They want to show off their brains.
Rose

Tuckerman, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Grunt wrote:
I hate to see this, and better yet, I stop and inquire about it when I see it. You know, it is not what you say, it is how you say it! But I must add, I see this in both blacks and whites.
SkunkBaxter

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

So "just sayin" can smell their butts?
NashFlash

Texarkana, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Why do they drive with the seat way back and leaning to where you can only see the top of their heads.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

So your momma can drool over black ass
just saying

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

MeSoHardHeaded wrote:
Oh No !! Tell me it's not so !! Momma jokes ?? Looks like the HOOD is showing up in someone, O well ......It was sure to happen eventually .....It Always does !! LMWAO at them all !!
Get off Mango's dick. He's done nothing to you.
Chief Walksanot

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off Mango's dick. He's done nothing to you.
Oh what's wrong cry baby did somebody hurt mango tango and you being all upset
just saying

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Chief Walksanot wrote:
<quoted text>Oh what's wrong cry baby did somebody hurt mango tango and you being all upset
Go f yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Texarkana Forum right now

Search the Texarkana Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Imperial Chicano 17,291
Wake Village Local Government(Lack Thereof) 3 hr WV is a dump 3
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 hr That Fart Guy 21,736
I HATE 1st choice auto (Aug '12) 9 hr Adam 20
What new restaurants does Texarkana need ? (Jul '13) 11 hr Angry Villager 85
Please rate Texarkana 12 hr Angry Villager 93
Why Do Blacks Act Like Animals (Mar '12) Thu corrupt 249
•••
•••
•••
Texarkana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Texarkana Jobs