First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bowie County Wolverine

Wellington, TX

#1 Jul 25, 2010
What news has anyone heard about Ken Autrey? Has he done anything notable to advance the Republican Party of Bowie County? Has he publically supported the Republican Candidates? Seems odd 1/2 a year gone by, and all is quiet! Mighty strange, has someone threatened him, or his family?
Funnybone

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jul 25, 2010
Still waiting and hoping!
Sam

Mohnton, PA

#3 Jul 25, 2010
Funnybone wrote:
Still waiting and hoping!
It is amazing how many people who don't have the job, know how to do it.
Bowie County Wolverine

Wellington, TX

#4 Jul 25, 2010
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>It is amazing how many people who don't have the job, know how to do it.
Sam If you voluteer to take a job, then it is an automatic assumption you know how, and are able to do the job you voluteer for, part of whats gotten Bowie County so messed up, is people wanting a title, not a job. He can't do like obama and blame George Bush for his inaction.
losing faith

Whitney, TX

#5 Jul 25, 2010
YEA , where is he ? Still giving him the benefit of the doubt he is going to do the right thing .But Autrey's time has almost expired .Need to see him throwing some fundraisers for all those Republican Bowie County Candidates .He sure needs to get busy .Like in - yesterday .
Duke Steele

Diboll, TX

#6 Jul 25, 2010
Is he related to Gene Autrey?
Bowie County Wolverine

Morgan, TX

#7 Jul 31, 2010
Update: Ken did something!! He offered the use of a storge building for the candidates to store campain signs in, but he didn't break the unspoken Bowie County Republican Party rules and actually show real support for the Republican candidates for Bowie County.

Bowie County Republican Party Unspoken Rule #1: You can't win anything in Bowie County unless you run as a Democrat, so don't try and mess everything up.
Funnybone

Netherlands

#8 Jul 31, 2010
Good for Ken. And, I hope that the Patriot candidates take Ken up on that offer. This is a prime opportunity for the different republican groups in BC to ban together. For the first time, EVER, we are moving closer to have a STRONG republican party in BC.

The time to unite is now!
EBH

Ralls, TX

#9 Aug 1, 2010
Wonder why the BCPs (the group of inclusion) would exclude Pat Mccoy Friday night at Smokeys and not let him speak?
BossHogg

Boise, ID

#10 Aug 1, 2010
Because, Pat McCoy is the only one who turned his back on the Patriots. All the other Republican candidates welcomed their support, including Josh Morris. But Pat said awhile back that he did not want to be associated with them anymore.

He tried to throw them under the bus on too many occassions and it backfired.
Walter

Dallas, TX

#11 Aug 1, 2010
EBH wrote:
Wonder why the BCPs (the group of inclusion) would exclude Pat Mccoy Friday night at Smokeys and not let him speak?
Quite possibly because it was not a Republican event, it was a Patriot Party. And from what I hear, Pat McCoy told the Patriots he didn't want to be associated with them long time ago.

I do wonder how many of the Republican candidates have been invited to the county Republican events, other than Pat McCoy and Lavender. Everyone knows the select few in the local party hate helping Lavender, but they know he will win and they want their name on it in the end. The Patriots candidates and Pat have only one thing in common and that is the letter behind their name on the ballots, if you want to have a spitting contest.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 1, 2010
Bowie County Wolverine wrote:
Update: Ken did something!! He offered the use of a storge building for the candidates to store campain signs in, but he didn't break the unspoken Bowie County Republican Party rules and actually show real support for the Republican candidates for Bowie County.
Bowie County Republican Party Unspoken Rule #1: You can't win anything in Bowie County unless you run as a Democrat, so don't try and mess everything up.
Glad to hear that the two groups are trying to come together. Thank Ken.
EBH

Ralls, TX

#13 Aug 1, 2010
Walter wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possibly because it was not a Republican event, it was a Patriot Party. And from what I hear, Pat McCoy told the Patriots he didn't want to be associated with them long time ago.
I do wonder how many of the Republican candidates have been invited to the county Republican events, other than Pat McCoy and Lavender. Everyone knows the select few in the local party hate helping Lavender, but they know he will win and they want their name on it in the end. The Patriots candidates and Pat have only one thing in common and that is the letter behind their name on the ballots, if you want to have a spitting contest.
Sounds like Jeff has cut a deal with a write in candidate. CT or RH?
Bowie County Wolverine

Morgan, TX

#14 Aug 1, 2010
EBH wrote:
I asked Pat this straight up directly, and he said the event was for the candidates who's campaigns were originally sponsored by the BCP's and he originally started his campaign with the Bowie County Republican party, and he also said he had no heatburn about it.
Elrod

Ralls, TX

#15 Aug 1, 2010
Excluding McCoy was a bad move and bad publicity. Jeff caught a case of beligerent dumb Arse!
Bowie County Wolverine

Morgan, TX

#16 Aug 1, 2010
Elrod wrote:
Excluding McCoy was a bad move and bad publicity. Jeff caught a case of beligerent dumb Arse!
Thats the stupidest nonsense I've ever seen anyone write on topix. If you are just a hater and not going to offer anything useful to society why not dry up and blow away!
Shut It

Dallas, TX

#17 Aug 1, 2010
Akin is ate up with the dumb ass and anybody associated with him is bound to go down in flames. Autrey can't do anything because Akin is a sore loser who can scream really loud so he is letting Akin run the republicans because he is scared to stand up to him.
Walter

Dallas, TX

#18 Aug 1, 2010
Shut It wrote:
Akin is ate up with the dumb ass and anybody associated with him is bound to go down in flames. Autrey can't do anything because Akin is a sore loser who can scream really loud so he is letting Akin run the republicans because he is scared to stand up to him.
If that is what you think of Autrey, it doesn't matter what you say about Akin, your statement shows you picked a real winner.

Did you suspect that about him as you cast your vote or is this news to you?
Shut It

Dallas, TX

#19 Aug 1, 2010
I voted for Akin but since the primary I have not been happy with his leadership in the patriots.
Bowie County Wolverine

Morgan, TX

#20 Aug 1, 2010
Walter wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you think of Autrey, it doesn't matter what you say about Akin, your statement shows you picked a real winner.
Did you suspect that about him as you cast your vote or is this news to you?
Walter years ago I worked with an ole guy from College Hill, and he always said "You can't argue with someone stupider than you are your wasting your breath" some of us may disagree on somethings on here, but some on here are stupid haters no matter what, and we on opposite sides can't deal with them. You've got one here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Willie Granville? 6 hr Willie Granville 16
News City wants new vote on firefighter representati... Tue I know 1
scott Domanski Jul 24 crazy 1
Enough is enough Justice for murders at PRISSY ... (Mar '14) Jul 24 whoopigcutie 19
Where is Mica James? (Aka Smith, Crumpton, Cross) Jul 24 whoopigcutie 13
Why dont black people tip! Jul 22 Summerhill rd 16
News Pedestrian fatally hit by vehicle on U.S. 67 Jul 18 None 12

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages