What's Coming To Town?
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Darius Brock

Texarkana, TX

#1 Feb 12, 2014
Since new construction and other projects in the Texarkana area are announced in this forum, I thought I'd create this thread so these kinds of things could be posted here.
poindexter

Paducah, KY

#2 Feb 12, 2014
starbucks- under construction on stateline near walmart

Crockers Jewelers- under construction next to verizon near roadhouse

Larry's Pizza into old Johnny's Pizza location off Moores Lane
Darius Brock

Texarkana, TX

#3 Feb 12, 2014
poindexter wrote:
Thanks for the update Poindexter. I wonder has the new mall that was supposed to be built a couple years ago, has that been cancelled or will that break ground at a later date?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 12, 2014
Darius Brock wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the update Poindexter. I wonder has the new mall that was supposed to be built a couple years ago, has that been cancelled or will that break ground at a later date?
I have been wondering the same thing,we had heard there was a new mall coming but that's been two years ago...
Darius Brock

Texarkana, TX

#5 Feb 12, 2014
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been wondering the same thing,we had heard there was a new mall coming but that's been two years ago...
Right. I can't tell you how many times I've heard about big proposals coming to town only to hear it was false, like the local business man from New Boston who was said to bring thousands of jobs to the area but it was all a scam. Anyone have news about the old County Market building. Last time I was over on that side of town it was being fixed up.
Kit 56

Texarkana, TX

#6 Feb 12, 2014
Is that new place to poop still coming to town??? That place is going to be really neat with 50 super flush toilets, They're even supposed to provide you with a complementary copy of the gazette!
texark66

Pittsburg, TX

#7 Feb 13, 2014
New stores coming to Texarkana's Central Mall.

Justice and Brothers - Kid's clothing

Karerns - Mens clothing

Divas - Womens Clothing
are you the gate keeper

Texarkana, TX

#8 Feb 13, 2014
for on the road drivers, we need more convenience stores that have the recreation rooms and private showers. seriously, that may not be your first thought on new businesses, but OTR drivers pass through the Texarkana area constantly, and nothing gives a city a better name to that community than a full service rest stop for the transportation industry.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#9 Feb 13, 2014
Kit 56 wrote:
Is that new place to poop still coming to town??? That place is going to be really neat with 50 super flush toilets, They're even supposed to provide you with a complementary copy of the gazette!
IMPOSTOR

You are not the real Kit56.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#10 Feb 13, 2014
I also remember empty promises....When Mayor Shipp was mayor there was suppose to be a nice shopping center built around where the new Wendys is on Stateline.....there was even a large sign showing what it would look like...... I never heard anything else about it. The sign just disappeared.

About 15 years ago I had heard about a hugh mall going in the AR side.

..........AND in the early 80's there was a foreigner that said he was going to turn the Red River area into a "resort" like place. He said us folks in little ole T-town didn't know what we had here, he was going to have 4 & 5 star resturants and hotels galore! There were big write ups in the Gazette about it.......... and as you all know it never happened....... Do any of y'all remember that? I remember it well, I had just moved here and was all excited about how this place was going to really take off. LOL
Pedro

Fruitland, ID

#11 Feb 13, 2014
Canon wrote:
I also remember empty promises....When Mayor Shipp was mayor there was suppose to be a nice shopping center built around where the new Wendys is on Stateline.....there was even a large sign showing what it would look like...... I never heard anything else about it. The sign just disappeared.
..........AND in the early 80's there was a foreigner that said he was going to turn the Red River area into a "resort" like place. He said us folks in little ole T-town didn't know what we had here, he was going to have 4 & 5 star resturants and hotels galore! There were big write ups in the Gazette about it.......... and as you all know it never happened....... Do any of y'all remember that? I remember it well, I had just moved here and was all excited about how this place was going to really take off. LOL
Was his last name Patel?
mmmkay

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2014
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Was his last name Patel?
good one pedro! you almost made me shoot 'awesome blossom' out of my nose!!

Location hidden

#13 Feb 13, 2014
Kit 56 wrote:
Keep on trying but your still not me!

Location hidden

#14 Feb 13, 2014
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
IMPOSTOR
You are not the real Kit56.
Thanks Cannon,this person is doing this on other forums as well,so immature...
Darius Brock

Texarkana, TX

#15 Feb 14, 2014
Canon wrote:
Thanks Texark66. Canon when is the Texarkana Gazette going to learn to wait and check sources before just airing these stories as news, smdh! Anyway, does anyone know what's possibly going in at the corner of Gibson Lane and Richmond? Last I was out that way I saw land bulldozed.
Alex Shrub

Texarkana, TX

#16 Feb 15, 2014
poindexter wrote:
It sucks that Johnny's closed, they have the best pizza! I think they just chose a horrible location, I hope Larry's is good and does well.
Jack in the Box Rep

Texarkana, TX

#17 Feb 15, 2014
Darius Brock wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I can't tell you how many times I've heard about big proposals coming to town only to hear it was false, like the local business man from New Boston who was said to bring thousands of jobs to the area but it was all a scam. Anyone have news about the old County Market building. Last time I was over on that side of town it was being fixed up.
We're pleased to announce this is going to be the loaction of our newest Jack in the Box location, coming Summer 2014
SkunkBaxter

Texarkana, TX

#18 Feb 15, 2014
Jack in the Box Rep wrote:
<quoted text>We're pleased to announce this is going to be the loaction of our newest Jack in the Box location, coming Summer 2014
Liar.
SkunkBaxter

Texarkana, TX

#19 Feb 15, 2014
poindexter wrote:

Nothing wrong with the location. The owner came down with cancer.
Darius Brock

Texarkana, TX

#20 Feb 16, 2014
I had heard about another hospital possibly locating to either the Nash area or on the Arkansas side near I-30. Only time will tell if this is something that will further develop or yet another rumor. I was watching a Youtube vid the other night and the Arkansas side mayor said a major new store is going in on the north side of town but he wouldn't say h name. Here's the vid:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber Collins or her man. 13 hr Justme 8
Daryl Crouch (Sep '08) Tue Late to the party 85
Mike Carter (Sep '14) Tue Friend 75
Poll will Topiramate make you high... my son takes this (Aug '08) May 22 This is true 49
Ape in HEALS (Nov '16) May 21 Willie Granville 48
Swingers (Feb '13) May 20 gottabekiddingme 20
does anyone hear know paula richmond? (Jun '11) May 20 gottabekiddingme 30

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages