Smokin Hot Bar BQ to open on Texas side
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Still around

Purcell, OK

#86 Nov 20, 2012
Still around wrote:
well they are on their 4th manager in a little over a week since opening. the location is difficult to get to . the building is waaaayyyyy too big. they start with low quality products to cook. they're trying to be a steakhouse, bar and bbq joint all rolled into one. not the best reputation in town for people involved with the restaurant. very little traffic for the 1st week open. you do the math....
8th manager now....
Bill Ed Strikes Again

Texarkana, TX

#87 Nov 21, 2012
Keep a countin'. The practice will continue!
Still around

Purcell, OK

#88 Nov 21, 2012
exactly. he is the jerry jones of restaurants in texarkana. knows everything, is overpaying all his employees, and they're all stealing from him.
Snowe

White Oak, TX

#89 Nov 25, 2012
My husband and I ate there last night and the food was great, the staff was friendly and very helpful. I have no complaints, though there was only one other table occupied in the whole place. Apparently they're waiting on their liquor license, hoping that will bring more business.
Getting to the location was kind of a pain but I deem it worth the extra hassle.
United States Cat

United States

#90 Nov 25, 2012
Glad to hear they are going to serve cold beer. It probably won't do very good until they do.

Since: Feb 11

I'm your conscience.

#91 Dec 26, 2012
Chris J wrote:
The restaurant will go out of business because it is too far down. Most of that road is one way; and if the customer is coming from the one way end, too many restaurants come before them
Ahhh, the Honorable H. Ross Perot Memorial Overpass takes care of all that.

Of course you have to know how to go down University Drive and come in through the back.
Just an FYI

Corpus Christi, TX

#92 Dec 28, 2012
Bennigans went out of business nationally, not just in Texarkana. It had nothing to do with where it was located.

Since: Feb 11

Turn around - and bend over.

#93 Dec 28, 2012
Still around wrote:
is overpaying all his employees, and they're all stealing from him.
Sounds good to me.

Are they hiring?
YUUUUP

Texarkana, TX

#94 Dec 28, 2012
Chris J wrote:
<quoted text>Even a representative for Texarkana, AR said that they went out because of the location. He said that they were located in a bad spot. I read it in the Texarkana Gazette. El Chico went out too. There are El Chico restaurants and Bennigan restaurants in cities close to us, but ours no longer exist. Why? bad location When El Chico put in there, it was a good location; but after Texarkana had grown over where the movie theater is, El Chico and Bennigan's needed to move over there. That is the growing part of Texarkana. The only reason that Smokin Hot Bar-B-Q' s location is bad is because they are too far down. Too much temptation before you get to them if you get that far for them to stay in for a long time.
Bennigan's was always packed whenever I was there. They closed at the time EVERY Bennigan's in the company closed when the parent company filed for bankruptcy.
Pedro

Texarkana, AR

#95 Dec 28, 2012
Porky wrote:
Oh, heck. It's another Bill Ed Davis enterprise. That guarantees there will be a revolving door in the kitchen. NO ONE can work for that guy. Heard he had a tax gain he needed to park somewhere, so he made a tax-free exchange for that property. He cares nothing about serving anyone or providing quality anything. He's simply trying to make any money he can off the property until he finds a buyer who'll pay his price.
Bon appetit!
Bill Davis, the slumlord ? Oh god,then I'm not going near that place.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
All

United States

#96 Jan 5, 2013
Bad food. Tough and fatty brisket, small chicken sandwich with not much meat. Too expensive; charges at least $2 more per sandwich than other BBQ places in town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tim paslay (Jan '13) 17 hr really4real 13
Why so much crime in Texarkana? (Jul '14) Fri The Eye is Watching 21
News 'Everyone is African': Geneticist, professor ta... Thu Inquisitive Inqui... 14
has anyone got mesed over by richard ward at wa... (Feb '12) Nov 29 omg 8
A Representative Sample of Democrats Nov 27 Inquisitor 1
Texarkana, Texas Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov 27 Musikologist 9
Sheriff Prince: Why No Arrest In Double Homici... (Oct '13) Nov 24 Son of johnny 1,430

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages